Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2012, 11:32 AM   #1

Where is my water filter, if I have any?

2004 8528BHSS 5th wheel

just "finished" winterizing it yesterday. Bypassed the hot water tank, took out the pressure relief valve and the anode rod, blowed into the pressure relief hole with a high power leaf blower until it's completely dry inside. Opened all the fucets and low point drain valves. disconnected the water pump input and output tubing and blowed both side with air.

Only thing not sure about is water filter and housing. Do I have one? if so, where is it? The reason I even ask id Ithere is a filter element in a container which comes with the camper. Thx. Eriwn

1999 F350 7.3L PSD Superduty, Super cab, long bed, auto, Dually
1995 F350 7.3L PSD, stick, dump bed work truck
erwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:00 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwin
2004 8528BHSS 5th wheel

just "finished" winterizing it yesterday. Bypassed the hot water tank, took out the pressure relief valve and the anode rod, blowed into the pressure relief hole with a high power leaf blower until it's completely dry inside. Opened all the fucets and low point drain valves. disconnected the water pump input and output tubing and blowed both side with air.

Only thing not sure about is water filter and housing. Do I have one? if so, where is it? The reason I even ask id Ithere is a filter element in a container which comes with the camper. Thx. Eriwn
If it has one it would be very close to the water pump and your city fill connection.

My 05 832bhss had it in a little cubby between bunk house and dinette seats.

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:09 PM   #3

My water filter is under my sink. There is a small wood panel that I have to remove to get to it. There are two screws that hold the panel to the floor of the trailer. I just remove the two screws and then remove the panel and I have full access to my filter and my water pump. I hope that this helps you.

Freddie & Linda
2015 FR Sierra 330RLS & 2003 Dodge 2500 4X4 Diesel
TMPS for Camper & TV
Dakota EV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:16 PM   #4

For the most part there are two different types of water filters. The whole house that (as mentioned) would most likely be near the water pump or fresh water inlet. The other is a under sink one that would hook direct to the cold water line at the kitchen sink. Or you may not have one.
cardinal4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:30 AM   #5

If you open the port basement door on ours, it is behind the rear protective cover ....there is a space you can look thru and see it...
have to remove cover to service it......or you can go thru the wood
phoney door under the entertainment center....maybe .....but thru
the basement looks easy.....just remove a few screws, the big job
is getting the stuff out of the basement to work in there LOL...

2011 Silverado 2500HD 6.0 Gas 3.73
2013 Flagstaff 8524 RLWS
1978 Cape Dory Ketch
sail2liv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:19 PM   #6

Well, where is mine? I just bought a 2011 vlite wfkss model. I think those are the letters. I'm trying to find everything and make sure it's working or get it replaced by the dealer.
Onthrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:29 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onthrvr
Well, where is mine? I just bought a 2011 vlite wfkss model. I think those are the letters. I'm trying to find everything and make sure it's working or get it replaced by the dealer.
On my 2012 V-Lite 30WFKSS the water filter is located behind the bottom right cabinet door below the television. I use a square-head screwdriver to remove two screws from the single hinge side in order to open the door. The water pump is also located behind the same door.

Maybe your 2011 is similar? I hope this helps.
david-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:39 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by david-o View Post
On my 2012 V-Lite 30WFKSS the water filter is located behind the bottom right cabinet door below the television. I use a square-head screwdriver to remove two screws from the single hinge side in order to open the door. The water pump is also located behind the same door.

Maybe your 2011 is similar? I hope this helps.
This is also where mine is. (2013 831FLSS)
Wumba is offline   Reply With Quote