Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2010, 07:32 AM   #1

Who's TT came with a 32" television?

How does yours mount?

Our 2010 831RKSS was suppose to have a 32" in the living room. When we looked at it it was missing, they told us it came in broken and they have the new one it just wasn't put in yet.

So we bought the TT and during the PDI we saw they installed a 22" in the huge gaping hole designed for a 32". "Nope", we said, "it's suppose to have a 32" tv". Salesman said he'd call FR and he returned saying they sent the wrong tv and they were going to send the right one.

They called to say the tv was in and my wife picked it up, we wanted to have it for an upcoming trip. They said they had to order the mounting bracket but we could use the stand. It's a Sylvania LC320SL1. Seems kinda cheap and am curious if it indeed came from Forest River.

For those of you that have a similar TT, how does your 32" mount? The wall seems very flimsy w/o much support behind it. We can't use it with the stand as the shelf it would sit on is about 4" deep.
Sure I could just wait to have the dealer install it but I want to make sure it's the right tv first.

Not our trailer but this is the same model, found the pic online. This is how it should come.

2000 Excursion Limited PowerStroke Diesel- ATS ported housing, Riffraff's FRx, HPx & I/C boot kit, DiPricol Optix- Pyro/Boost/Trans, DP Tuner-80t, Drive-Thru, 80e, 120race, K&N intake tube w/6637, Exhaust, AIH delete, Foil delete, 4" lift, Airbags, Dunlop Rover M/TMaxx 315/75/16's, '04 headlights.
locknload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:07 PM   #2

Mine came with a hole for a 20", but installed a 32" and I made my own bracket.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	factory%20set%20up.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	3590   Click image for larger version

Name:	com%231.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	3591  
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:52 PM   #3

I think the dealer is messing with you. Call FR and ask them if they supply the brand the dealer gave you.
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:48 PM   #4
flc

My 2011 Flagstaff 831FLSS came with a 32" Toshiba.
flc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 08:47 AM   #5
Toy-aholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flc View Post
My 2011 Flagstaff 831FLSS came with a 32" Toshiba.
Same here
Old 10-16-2010, 01:13 PM   #6
Infractee

Our RockWood 8316SS came with the 32" Toshiba like in the pic above and a 22" "Konka" (never even heard of) that goes in the master.
RhoZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:28 PM   #7

Here's a question: I have an 07 flagstaff 8528GTSS. The entertainment ctr configuration is simular to the bottom pic posted by "ROCKWOOD 06". The trailer came with a puney 19 inch tv, which was an upgrade from the 15". It's still pretty small to see from the rear chairs. I want to get a larger tv. There seems to be room in the TV area for about a 32 in. My question is: What is involved when upgrading to a larger tv? Do you need a complete different power set up? Can I buy a tv and just mount it and plug it in? I've asked the dealer and RV parts suppliers and get different answers. Such as I will need "inverter" "converter" battery boosters... what ever that is. Thought I'd ask you folks who seem to be more in the know.
thanks in advance.
M
TWO4THEROAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:48 PM   #8
Toy-aholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWO4THEROAD View Post
Here's a question: I have an 07 flagstaff 8528GTSS. The entertainment ctr configuration is simular to the bottom pic posted by "ROCKWOOD 06". The trailer came with a puney 19 inch tv, which was an upgrade from the 15". It's still pretty small to see from the rear chairs. I want to get a larger tv. There seems to be room in the TV area for about a 32 in. My question is: What is involved when upgrading to a larger tv? Do you need a complete different power set up? Can I buy a tv and just mount it and plug it in? I've asked the dealer and RV parts suppliers and get different answers. Such as I will need "inverter" "converter" battery boosters... what ever that is. Thought I'd ask you folks who seem to be more in the know.
thanks in advance.
M
yes plug n play...if your present one works the new one will ...just bigger
Old 10-22-2010, 05:15 PM   #9

OK here's the latest. I haven't had a chance to call FR yet but the new mounting bracket finally came in and guess what???

It doesn't fit the TV to mounting location configuration. I installed the wall bracket, easy. Installed the TV bracket, easy. I went to mount the TV to the wall and either the wall bracket is too way too high or the TV mounting holes are way too low. If the later is the case and the location of the standard mounting holes can be different per TV then this is the WRONG TV. I just called FR and they close at 5 so I'll have to wait until Monday. This is becoming a real PITA.

I don't even think I could move the wall bracket down because it feels like the stud runs horizontal and there's none below the top one.

For those of you that have these 32" Toshibas, would you be able to see how high the TV mounting plate is on the back, maybe with an inspection or dental mirror? If so that would be great. Mine is mounted pretty low on the TV.

Here are my pics. Thanks guys.

2000 Excursion Limited PowerStroke Diesel- ATS ported housing, Riffraff's FRx, HPx & I/C boot kit, DiPricol Optix- Pyro/Boost/Trans, DP Tuner-80t, Drive-Thru, 80e, 120race, K&N intake tube w/6637, Exhaust, AIH delete, Foil delete, 4" lift, Airbags, Dunlop Rover M/TMaxx 315/75/16's, '04 headlights.
Old 10-23-2010, 12:06 AM   #10

Be very carefull with that TV mount. We have a Rockwood 8315 BSS that has the same mounts that your picture shows. It relies on gravity to hold the tabs that are on the TV in place. From experience this doesn't work, at least if you have to travel roads where there are bumps. I took our trailer to the dealer to have a solar panel installed and when we went to have a look in the trailer and I opened the door there was the TV hanging by it's wires touching the floor. Some of the jack plug ins were damaged so the TV was replaced with a Toshiba and the dealer screwed in a bent piece of steel to hold down the top bracket and keep the TV in place. Well we left for our holidays and stopped for lunch and opened the door and guess what, there was the TV hanging by it's wires again. This time the coaxial connector was broken right out of the TV. FR will not replace this TV so we are having to have an electronics shop in town repair the connector. There is no physical pin or bolt to hold the TV to the wall mount and the space is so limited you cannot get behind to put a pin or bolt in. From now on we will travel with the TV disconnected and lying on top of our bed.
Don
DonJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 07:48 AM   #11

Don, this mount has allen screws that secure the two pieces togther. See the two tabs sticking out on each bracket (on the sides)? Once the TN plate slides into the wall plate, the two allens can be screwed in place. An extra long allen wrench was even included to reach behind. Thanks for looking out though.

Old 11-07-2010, 03:05 PM   #12

Update. I called FR and talked to a someone who said he would have to talk to the dealer directly. Ok, I can understand that. The dealer called me soon after and said the had Toshibas in 'the back' from other trailers on the lot . (Why not just give us one of those, we already paid for it ). They matched the numbers and were going to buy one from Best Buy. Two days later they called saying my tv was in. My wife picked it up and I went to install it... still didn't fit. The wall mount was mounted too high. I remounted it about 1/2" lower and I finally was able to get the tv to mount. However, the tv was now too low and was sitting on the AC plug pushing it at a downward angle so much that the outlet slid down a bit and exposed the hole it fit in. Since it's hidden anyway, I removed the outlet and cut another 1/2" out of the bottom of the outlet hole. Remounted the outlet and everything fits nice.

Back to what Don said, I can totally see this bouncing out of this bracket on a nice bump. I mentioned there were securing screws but there's not enough room to get the long allen wrench back there, as Don once again stated. So our options are to either disconnect it while on the road or I thought maybe stuffing some foam between the top of the tv and wall unit. Thinking some on the sides and bottom will keep it from vibrating around as well.

So yeah, we finally have the right tv but what a pain in the ***** this was. Thanks for your help.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:31 AM   #13

I just bought a 2011 Rockwood 8315 and it came with a Toshiba 32"
Samary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 11:23 PM   #14

I bought an inexpensive ($40) mounting system that uses 4 U-shaped receivers that match up with pegs you mount onto your TV. I cut 2 pieces of wood 2 x 2 x 11", drilled and mounted them on the wall in the TT after some careful measuring, and mounted my 32" Samsung flat screen (16 lbs.) with no problem. The receivers can be twisted 90 degrees to ensure the tv stays securely mounted. One note - the 1/2" plywood behind the paneling stops just below the outlet hole where the cables come through on mine. Make sure your screws make it into the plywood. I pulled the Konka mount and put it in the master bedroom wall using the same screws. Worked like a charm. Drove with it mounted for a total of 4-1/2 hours over frost-heaved Vermont and NH roads - still solid as a rock, and easy to remove if you want to use it for your home (as we do - it's our bedroom tv!).
mjparker73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:46 PM   #15

our tt came with a 32" toshiba. the mount has worked well so far. one issue we had was that the stereo did not have a video out to the smaller tv in the bedroom. i guess they do not do that at the factory. it was fairly easy to fix though, just removed the stereo and ran a new video out to the tv though the hole behind the stereo.

j
ohcnda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:35 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjparker73 View Post
I bought an inexpensive ($40) mounting system that uses 4 U-shaped receivers that match up with pegs you mount onto your TV. I cut 2 pieces of wood 2 x 2 x 11", drilled and mounted them on the wall in the TT after some careful measuring, and mounted my 32" Samsung flat screen (16 lbs.) with no problem. The receivers can be twisted 90 degrees to ensure the tv stays securely mounted. One note - the 1/2" plywood behind the paneling stops just below the outlet hole where the cables come through on mine. Make sure your screws make it into the plywood. I pulled the Konka mount and put it in the master bedroom wall using the same screws. Worked like a charm. Drove with it mounted for a total of 4-1/2 hours over frost-heaved Vermont and NH roads - still solid as a rock, and easy to remove if you want to use it for your home (as we do - it's our bedroom tv!).
Any pics you can share?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohcnda View Post
our tt came with a 32" toshiba. the mount has worked well so far. one issue we had was that the stereo did not have a video out to the smaller tv in the bedroom. i guess they do not do that at the factory. it was fairly easy to fix though, just removed the stereo and ran a new video out to the tv though the hole behind the stereo.

j
Good call, I briefly thought of that on out first trip but was quickly sidetracked . Is there a second video output on the stereo or did you have to use a Y? This looks like a mod worth doing for sure. How hard was it to remove the stereo? Thanks.

Old 01-04-2011, 10:17 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by locknload View Post
Any pics you can share?

Good call, I briefly thought of that on out first trip but was quickly sidetracked . Is there a second video output on the stereo or did you have to use a Y? This looks like a mod worth doing for sure. How hard was it to remove the stereo? Thanks.

it is really easy to remove the stereo, there is a faceplate that needs to be popped off, you will need a flathead screwdriver for that. then remove the 4 screws holding it in place.
it would be wise to have a second set of hands to hold the stereo for you while you wire it up.
there are spare yellow jacks that are video out, they are male though so you will need an female adaptor to attach to it. then remove the smaller tv in the bedroom and snake the wire form the stereo to the hole in the bedroom, attach it and put it all back together...testing it beforehand of course.

goodluck
ohcnda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:57 AM   #18

Great info, thanks alot!

Old 01-09-2011, 06:51 PM   #19

i have a 2011 Rockwood 8281ss and it has a 32'' Toshiba and i was thinking of changing the tv mount to something i can pull out and turn left and right
i wonder if thats something i can do with out having it stick out to far ( as to not hit the slide out )

2005 Dodge Ram
2011 Rockwood 8281SS
Danimal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flagstaff