Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2010, 11:18 PM   #21

Try the Concertone (if so equipped) in all modes. Even if it works at the dealership, it's no guarentee that it'll work the next time you try it, but at least yu will know that it worked once. Concertone is probably about the only real negative that I've found in my Rockwood.

2022 Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB
2022 Ford Ranger toad
Fire Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:18 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingsuppo46 View Post
Greg,
Congrats on a successful delivery. I did not remove the extra door, but switched the Dior opening into the living room so that it opens into the head. Wife likes both doors. I also removed the TV table from the bedroom and mounted it on the side of the counter above the drawers to get more countertop. It folds down over the second drawer. I removed the top access, which did not do much, cut a piece of paneling from the divider in the storage compartment to cover the hole on the backside. Looks like it came from the factory. Not sure what I am going to do in the bedroom to cover the holes yet. I will ponder that over some beer this weekend while we are camping. Good luck with your TT.

George,
In our Flagstaff 26RLS, I to removed the TV shelf (accident waiting to happen). I went to the local "Wally World" and bought a flat screen TV mount (had a 23" LCD TV from our previous PUP, $160) and mounted it to the wall where the shelf was. The TV covered the holes, I can pass by without having to duck or worry about knocking it over. The mount is a locking mount and the wall is reinforced by FR for the shelf.
After doing the bedroom, I realized that we were in need of TV outside under the awning (LSU football fan). I went back to "Wally world" and bought another TV bracket of the same flavor I put in the bedroom. I took the shelf that connects outside under the awning next to the propane grill (don't use either) and removed the attachment from the shelf that connects it to the side of the camper. I then removed the brackets from the shelf I removed from the bedroom and mounted the attachment mount from the outdoor shelf to the bottom top of the bedroom shelf. I then put the wall part of the 2nd TV mount I bought and mounted that on the finished side of the old bedroom TV shelf. Now when we are sitting under the awning, I put the mount on the rail on the side of the camper, take the TV off the mount in the bedroom and mount it on the old shelf outside, and vola! TV outside. Holes covered up in the bedroom, and one TV for two places. Set up time is less than 2 minutes. Food for thought. The flat TV mount in the bedroom is sweet, and stays on the wall while traveling (locking bracket is key).
kbrown1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:06 AM   #23
Nights Camped in 2010 - 2

Kirk,
Thanks. I have thinking about doing something like that. I hated that shelf in the bedroom. I am 6'4' tall and hit that thing all the time. We would get more use out if a TV outside than the bedroom, but like your idea of wall mounting a TV in there. U will make a trip to Wall--World tonight. Thanks,
Nights Camped 2010 = 18
Nights Camped 2011 = 15
sailingsuppo46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:40 AM   #24

I mentioned the Concertone (Concertcrap) problem yesterday mostly out of frustration, but wanted to add another pair of ideas that worked very well for me....

You, like I did, will be taking delivery during the off-season, so presumably it could be a few months before you get to do some real "camping".... So what I did (at another Forum member's suggestion), was pull anything with writing; the owners manual for EVERYTHING in the TT; out of the unit, put it all in a big envelope in the house. Then, over the winter, I'd spend my evenings reading over everything, and making notes on things that the mfgr's told you in their printed instructions that I had been doing wrong for the last two units that I had, or that the dealer(s) had SHOWED me wrong... (Biggest difference between my last two units - both Jayco's - and my current Rockwood was a different mfgr water heater, with different instructions.)

I then organized all of these materials, and my notes, and supporting or additional info of anything downloaded or obtained with additional purchases, into a pair of binders with the stuff in plastic sheets, all organized by "systems". The 12 volt stuff, 110volt stuff, propane stuff, running gear & chassis, etc...

I now have two virtual encyclopedias on all of the data specific to my unit which stay in the unit all season, so they are always handy. I still pull them out every off-season, so that I can research any contemplated mods or help someone else out when they can't find their instructions during that time. I'm now considering a modification to add solar panels this off-season, so having all my 12v info in one spot (end table next to my recliner!) is very handy.

Yet another suggestion - Go through the the unit, inside and out, and record the bulb # of every light-bulb in/on the unit. Then, after figuring out which ones you want to convert to LED's to conserve amps, obtain one or two spares for each, so that when someone comes up to you in camp or in a rest area and points out a burned out bulb that you had't noticed, you'll have the spare on-hand to make an immediate repair. Save the mounting card from the used bulb in a convenient (visible) location, so that you remember to replace it at the next trip to the big box or the auto parts store.

2022 Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB
2022 Ford Ranger toad
Fire Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2604, rockwood