Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2017, 10:58 AM   #1

2016 8291 roof

Bought our 8291 early this spring. It was a carry over unit, were first owners. Front A/C has been running rough, I got on roof to investigate it. The roof is bubbling and has wrinkles. About 2 inches on right side is lose entire length of camper. Is this normal for this new of a camper? Is this a warranty issue?Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2182.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	226.2 KB
ID:	147244

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2183.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	325.9 KB
ID:	147247
smokinwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 11:06 AM   #2

Mine has similar folds and wrinkles. I contacted FR and was told it's ok. They haven't grown any in the 15 months we've had it, but I'm not sure it won't be an issue down the road. Right now, it's not worth having the roof removed. I've learned over the years that sometimes trying to repair a non-issue only creates more real issues.
Old 08-05-2017, 11:12 AM   #3

There's tons of those small bubbles. I'll take it in this fall for the A/C to get repaired I'll have them check it then.
Old 08-05-2017, 03:18 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinwrench View Post
Bought our 8291 early this spring. It was a carry over unit, were first owners. Front A/C has been running rough, I got on roof to investigate it. The roof is bubbling and has wrinkles. About 2 inches on right side is lose entire length of camper. Is this normal for this new of a camper? Is this a warranty issue?Attachment 147244

Attachment 147247

It is a warranty issue but lately FR often deny it. The roof appears to be FR,s version of fiberglass but not the same as fibers and gelcoat. This stuff tends to migrate into corners and then crack. When it's installed they may skimp on glue an result with the "bunching" you have. That is not acceptable as it may well fail. Trouble is you may not know until water is in your ceiling and walls.
Too bad cause this roof is superior to rubber roofs, just not as is.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 04:04 PM   #5

To me it feels and looks like a rubber roof. Giant piece of rubber laid over the top and glued down
Old 08-05-2017, 04:11 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinwrench View Post
To me it feels and looks like a rubber roof. Giant piece of rubber laid over the top and glued down

Isn't it wavy and pebbled in pic 2??
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 04:40 PM   #7

Yes and it has tons of those bubbles. Still feels like rubber

Tags
roo, roof