Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2016, 09:55 AM   #1

2016 Rockwood 2703ws

Question about the pullout sofa sleeper. Some models came with an air mattress you inflate, ours did not. It is very very uncomfortable. Can we put an air mattress in ourselves & inflate it / deflate it after each use & fold it up in the sofa each day? Or is there a special air mattress we need to buy ?Don't want to haul memory foam inside and out every day to use. Memory foam takes up a lot of storage as well. Looking for feedback and ideas. Thanks!!!!!��
Camp123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 08:21 PM   #2

Is yours the memory foam mattress or a Jack-Knife bed?
Yes you can replace it however these things are not cheap. Also ensure the one you plan to purchase is the correct width for the space of the old one.
We have had ours for 3 years and have had no issues- (Now I have cursed myself) but we have been thinking that eventually the air mattress will give out and we are leaning towards getting a fold out memory foam sofa to replace ours.
Bottom line is that I have heard many issues with air mattresses over the years.
Send pics of the one you have...
2020 is a BUST!
ejknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 10:43 PM   #3

We were told they stopped including the air mattress because they had too many problems. We got one for $40 if we need it. We were thinking we could put it on the open sofa or just put it on the floor.

2017 Rockwood 2703WS - Sold
2015 Keystone Sprinter 333FWFLS
2017 F250, 6.2 Gas, 3.73 Axle, 2902 lb Payload
If women don't find you handsome, at least they should find you handy!
andymil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 10:59 PM   #4

I checked out that sofa a few weeks ago. It seems like it will be a little firm to me, but doable. I keep an air mattress in our 2104S but have never used it...don't have much luck with them. I'll probably move it to the 2703 when it gets here just in case.

Tags
rockwood