Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2019, 02:14 AM   #1

2018+ changes?

Have there been any changes in the mini-/micro-lite lines since mid-2018? I know FR makes incremental changes from time to time. I'm wondering if they added anything since I last reviewed their offerings.

We sold our hybrid last year and have been doing fly/drive vacations in the meantime but will be in the market for a Murphy bed model in the foreseeable future. We find the 2507s attractive based on lots of storage and a u-shaped dinette that's a comfortable bed for an occasional guest.

Thanks
chriscowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 04:35 PM   #2

I'm sure others will chime in, but two changes I have read about are new color schemes and doing away with the outside kitchen double burner cooktop and sink in favor of some kind of grille. We have a new 2019 2507S and after a ton of shopping, settled on it and love it and the murphy bed. Luckily mine still had the two burner stove/sink, which we preferred. Have fun shopping.

TV- 2013 Ford F-150 Supercrew 3.5 ecoboost
TT- 2019 FR Rockwood Mini Lite 2507S
Rsteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 05:03 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsteph View Post
... Luckily mine still had the two burner stove/sink, which we preferred.
We can't really understand FR decision to eliminate the sink.
They did that even on the big bunkhouse models.
The item we use the most in the outside kitchen is exactly the sink.
I would prefer to have a sink w/o a stove than the other way around.

" Life is simpler when you plow around the stump..."
RACarvalho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 06:11 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACarvalho View Post
We can't really understand FR decision to eliminate the sink.
They did that even on the big bunkhouse models.
The item we use the most in the outside kitchen is exactly the sink.
I would prefer to have a sink w/o a stove than the other way around.
Agreed. Not sure why the grille when the unit comes with a grille that hangs on the side. Whatever, I guess. Somebody thought it was a good idea. Again, just glad I've got the "old" set up.

Old 03-05-2019, 12:21 AM   #5

I haven't had an outdoor kitchen yet but the thing that would be most valuable to me would be the sink. That change may lead me to look for a late-model used trailer when we're ready to buy. It would be cheaper, too. Since FR dropped the second-year warranty (I think?), the benefit of a new trailer is less.
Old 03-05-2019, 03:22 AM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscowles View Post
That change may lead me to look for a late-model used trailer when we're ready to buy. It would be cheaper, too. Since FR dropped the second-year warranty (I think?), the benefit of a new trailer is less.
Been almost 2 years since FR dropped the optional 2nd year factory warranty.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 02:43 PM   #7

Quote:
I haven't had an outdoor kitchen yet but the thing that would be most valuable to me would be the sink. That change may lead me to look for a late-model used trailer when we're ready to buy. It would be cheaper, too. Since FR dropped the second-year warranty (I think?), the benefit of a new trailer is less.
I wasn't a huge fan of the idea of plumbing moving in and out on a slide. Seemed like a good opportunity for leaks. I can use a tub and fill it with water from the spray port if I feel. Not a fan of the "capital grill". There's no lid, and it doesn't look easy to clean. As stated, they already come with a grill that mounts on the side of the trailer that doesn't look like great quality. I'll probably pull the grill on the kitchen and replace it with a 3 burner stovetop as others here have done, and ditch the grill for a good weber Q.
pilotpip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 04:13 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotpip View Post
I wasn't a huge fan of the idea of plumbing moving in and out on a slide. Seemed like a good opportunity for leaks. I can use a tub and fill it with water from the spray port if I feel. Not a fan of the "capital grill". There's no lid, and it doesn't look easy to clean. As stated, they already come with a grill that mounts on the side of the trailer that doesn't look like great quality. I'll probably pull the grill on the kitchen and replace it with a 3 burner stovetop as others here have done, and ditch the grill for a good weber Q.
In reality, my opinion only, the outside sink is pretty small and not good for much except maybe washing hands. I don't think I'd stand there and try to wash dishes in it. And I doubt we'll ever use the hanging grille...in favor of the picnic table top grille we already have. However, I can see the outside two burner cook top getting some use. Agree, we have a tub from our tent days and it worked great for dishes. Didn't have to worry much about splashing anything. It'll probably continue to get used also.

Old 03-05-2019, 04:22 PM   #9

Quote:
Just for grins and giggles, I looked at inventory from my local dealer and they have 3 2019 2507S' still in stock, two with the new color scheme, and all three still have the two burner cooktop and sink on the outside kitchen. So, I'm not sure at what point the grille change came into play. Point being, unless you have to have the latest/greatest (maybe 2019 1/2 and beyond...guessing) I'd bet you can easily still find new 2019 models with the cooktop/sink out there.

Old 03-06-2019, 01:12 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Been almost 2 years since FR dropped the optional 2nd year factory warranty.
It's been almost 5 years since I bought a new FR trailer.

Camping nights: 2021, 52; 2022, 99; 2023, 88; 2024, TBD (Est: 80+)

Old 03-06-2019, 01:14 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsteph View Post
... I'd bet you can easily still find new 2019 models with the cooktop/sink out there.
I won't be in the market for another 6-8 months. By that time the old version of 2019 models may have flushed through the sales channel. I won't mind paying less for a slightly used one, if we prefer that configuration over whatever is current at the time.

Camping nights: 2021, 52; 2022, 99; 2023, 88; 2024, TBD (Est: 80+)