Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2017, 08:42 PM   #1

2018 Minilite 1905 Front Window??

We ordered our 1905 Aug. 7th, I just saw the post about the front window change...

I wonder if ours will have the window in the front.

Anyone know any more on the design change?

I kinda like it, if it comes in with it I will be good with that, if not well didnt expect it so no surprises there.

With the bed down, it is a plus to be able to see out front... make sure no one is messing with the suitcase full of diamonds we leave in the bed of the pickup for emergencies.
6CatDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 10:48 PM   #2

We just got our 2509s and it has the new design with the window. We liked being able to see moon/ stars at night (plus truck) from the bed. It does seem a little cooler but I like a cool pillow. Also, it seems to come with a rack on the front for batteries ( I don't remember seeing that on the previous version). Only differences that I've noticed.
utfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 11:31 PM   #3

Thanks!

Good luck with your new trailer.

We are looking forward to ours coming in... now we are wondering not only when it will come in, if it will have the window.

Cool either way.

6CD
Old 10-02-2017, 01:42 PM   #4

Maybe...

I called FR, and spoke with Doug in sales and he said the new front window started in production August 1st, 2017.

We ordered ours on Aug. 7, so....

I dont know how things go at the plant, but ours might come in with the new front.

I am not gonna get worked up till I get the call that it is in and I see it, but... kinda cool if it has the window...

I will let you know when we get it.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:37 AM   #5

Just Arrived!

Dealer just sent me a pic and a note that our camper just came in and...

It has the window and rounded front!

Yay. I think it looks great.

I will post a pic soon as I figure out how to do it, only pic is in the text msg the salesman sent me.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:44 AM   #6

Picture

See if this works...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171003_105630.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	248.4 KB
ID:	153279  
Old 10-03-2017, 11:02 AM   #7

We bought a 2018 2509S but....

We bought a new 2018 Rockwood 2509S in June of this year but now there is a 2509S in a 2018.5 model. We saw one at the campground at Deer Creek this weekend and I looked it over from the outside.

What I saw (besides the rounded front and the window) is that the dinette window is a bit smaller. Everything on the outside is the same. It might be nice to have another window over the bed but it might be a source for a water leak when going through a freeway rainstorm. Hopefully it has a great seal on it.

It might be a bit more aerodynamic when pulled by a truck without a sleeper but my truck and sleeper only leaves about 4 feet of the top exposed.

This should be a fun one to follow.
TV: 1999 Dodge 2500 Cummins 4x4
Honda EU2200i Generator, 300 Watts Solar
Ham Callsign KD7UM
UT_Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 11:17 AM   #8

I thought about all that too when I first heard of the design change, but "hopefully" itll be ok.

Not gonna worry about it.

I like the look of it, and it is nice to have the window for folks to look in with the bed down... we have nothing to hide.

Haha!
Old 10-03-2017, 02:32 PM   #9

6CD I love your positive attitude. I bet it goes a long way toward a happier life and fun camping trips. Wishing you and yours many years of happy camping in your new trailer.

Phil, Heather & Olaf the Boxer
Ontario Canada
Lexington 283GTS
oldsmasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 03:42 PM   #10

I've been dreaming about upgrading our HW PUP to one of these. The new window is a bonus!
2006 Ram 1500 4WD Crew with Firestone Airbags
Every weekend boondocking in the National Forests or at Lake Vallecito.
jimmoore13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 03:45 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsmasma View Post
6CD I love your positive attitude. I bet it goes a long way toward a happier life and fun camping trips. Wishing you and yours many years of happy camping in your new trailer.
Thank you so much!

I always look at the bright side, just makes life more pleasant.

I am not saying I dont see everything else out there... I, we know whats up and we go forward all the wiser.

We will post how we are doing when we get underway.

Have not been camping in years, so we are in for some fun!

Take care.

6CD
Old 10-03-2017, 09:26 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by UT_Grandpa View Post
We bought a new 2018 Rockwood 2509S in June of this year but now there is a 2509S in a 2018.5 model. We saw one at the campground at Deer Creek this weekend and I looked it over from the outside.

What I saw (besides the rounded front and the window) is that the dinette window is a bit smaller. Everything on the outside is the same. It might be nice to have another window over the bed but it might be a source for a water leak when going through a freeway rainstorm. Hopefully it has a great seal on it.

It might be a bit more aerodynamic when pulled by a truck without a sleeper but my truck and sleeper only leaves about 4 feet of the top exposed.

This should be a fun one to follow.
That was ours on our inaugural trip! Wish it wasn't as cold. Planning to go to Zions in a few weeks. Hoping the window is crack resistant and no water leaks. But time will tell. Will reply to this thread if we run into any issues.

The only thing that we have had so far is that the water pump is somewhat loud when running. The board the pump was on was loose. Added some new screws to tighten that and plan on adding padding to pump and pipes to decrease vibration.
utfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:57 PM   #13

We really like our front window, great to look out at the night sky.
It's a leap of faith that the window is well sealed and crack resistant.
Time will tell.
Road Tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 01:51 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Tripper View Post
We really like our front window, great to look out at the night sky.
It's a leap of faith that the window is well sealed and crack resistant.
Time will tell.
I'm curious if you or anyone in this thread knows the cost of a replacement window with and without installation.
2006 Ram 1500 4WD Crew with Firestone Airbags
Every weekend boondocking in the National Forests or at Lake Vallecito.
jimmoore13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:25 AM   #15

We love our front window !
Old 10-11-2017, 11:46 AM   #16

UpDaTe!

We brought the 1905 home the other day.

Very happy with the front window, I am as worried about damage to that window as the windshield of the tow vehicle... Waddaya gonna do? Just drive it, something happens to either one of em, we will get it fixed.

Other "changes"? to the 1905, the air conditioning is ducted throughout the camper, I thought that was only on the larger models, I was not expecting that but man it works nice!

You can also open the slide vents on the a/c unit itself too.

It has the wifi "ranger" wifi extender, which I did not know it would have...

Only complaints so far, from bringing it home and parking in the driveway, (going to use it for a weeks vacation in another week), is that the dealer pencil whipped the PDI form. (pre delivery inspection)

We found a LOT of loose screws in nearly all the curtain valances, the TINY screws holding the tv swing bracket to the wall, 2 screws missing and 3 are loose/stripped out leaving about 2 actually holding the tv up. The bracket is heavy duty and the tiny screws do not look big enough to do the job.

I guess they would if they were all tight. I hope there is something substantial behind the wall for perhaps bigger screws to bite into.

I thought the raised sink came with a sink cover/cutting board... ours did not have one in the trailer.

I am taking it back next week anyway to have the plastic Dometic 300 toilet replaced with a porcelain 310 with the wood seat... just because the plastic toilet is roughing it to much for me, haha!

We ordered a new mattress too the one it came with is a typical RV comfort? mattress, so that was a must have change.

The trailer is small in length, but it does not look small, looks like a shorter full size rig. It pulled smooth as glass with the rubber axle.

I have the Equal I Zer 1k/10k 4point hitch on it and the ride home from the dealer on a turnpike on a windy rainy day was trouble free. Smooth and straight with semi's passing us and us passing semi's.

I stopped about halfway home and went around checking things... I felt the brake drums to see if they were evenly heated, the drivers side was warm but the passenger side felt cold. UhOH. I can hear the electric stuff inside buzzing with the brake controller squeezed, but perhaps the pass. side needs to be adjusted or since they are self adjusters, maybe it will need repeated brake applications to "self adjust" to the drum. I will see if it gets warmer when I take it back to the dealer for the toilet and other stuff.

I had to order slip on mirror extenders for the F150, when I ordered the pickup in 2016 I wanted the spotlights on the mirrors and the tow mirrors did not have that option, but the mirrors do not give enough of a side view for me, so the extenders will help and still let the turn signals and the spotlights shine through.

The PDI items should be easy fixes, the rest of the camper is great! Furrion 24"tv works great with the digital antenna, gets tons of channels where we are, the stereo/cd/dvd radio works great too.

The power awning goes out and in very quickly, I think it is a Dometic, not sure though.

I will post back after we get the fixes fixed and use it camping for a week.

Gonna hit three state parks, two full hook ups and one with just electric. Stay a couple nights in each one just to get the spotting, hook up and unhooking down pat.

First time camping like this for a long long time so we have to get back in the groove.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:34 PM   #17

Glad to hear of the positive experience that you are having. I wonder if FR did any tests to see if the rounded front end that you have is a lot more aerodynamic than the “flat”one that I have. Jay.
Jay2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 10:54 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2504 View Post
Glad to hear of the positive experience that you are having. I wonder if FR did any tests to see if the rounded front end that you have is a lot more aerodynamic than the “flat”one that I have. Jay.
Looks like it would slice through the air better, cant compare it to my last trlr... that never left the park, haha.

Was always a seasonal years ago.

Tags
lite, window