Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2019, 08:00 PM   #1

2018 RockWood 2702. Leak

We have a 2018 rock wood 2702 it’s just a year old and we had a rain leak in the underfloor of the trailer.

The only way I found out about this was I’m looking to add a custom rack off of the back of the trailer that mounts to the two I beams of the trailer

I removed the plastic trim piece holding the underbelly in place and pulled down the underbelly material enough to be able to look underneath to see if there was anything in the way of doing a custom rack. As I was looking around I noticed that the black material which is like a woven material had a big belly in it. Well it was full of water so I decided to investigate it a bit further.

I cut the black material that was essentially holding up the insulation and the insulation was completely soaking wet so I pulled that out and then discovered that there was staples that hold on a piece of trim to the outside of the trailer was the culprit

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1219.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	271.3 KB
ID:	200002

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1237.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	219.1 KB
ID:	200004

It leaked from the top of the trim seen in the second pic.

So I took it to the dealer and they said it needs to be resealed and they would repair the underbelly as well.

So if anyone owns a rockwood I seriously recommend that you take the time and look above the underbelly and make sure that there isn’t water built up where the insulation is.
cheezy37 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, rockwood