Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2019, 06:44 PM   #1
GOODBYE SUIT - HELLO RV!!

2019 2104s Slide Problem??

We've owned our 2104s for nearly a year now, 11 great trips and have loved every minute. Odd thing happened and I am wondering if there are others out there. About 4-6 weeks ago, a loud squeak developed on the floor in front of the slide when extended. It was annoying, but I figured I could live with it until I brought her in for her annual inspection and sealant. Well we recently returned from a week on the beach, the squeak was there but otherwise the floor was fine. Came home, opened up to do the cleaning and laundry and lo and behold there is a 2 to 3-inch tear in the vinyl in front of the slide (extended) and two nails or staples bulging through the floor in that same vicinity as the squeak. Brought it into the shop, they said the slide was fine and couldn't see a problem. Said the floor repair would not be covered under warranty. I disagreed with the assessment and asked to have someone else look at that slide and have the work put back through for warranty. I await the answer.

Photos show what I'm talking about. The squeak is where the foot is"pointing". The level is next to the tear - close up photos of the tear (which was worse after they inspected it) and the clips or staples bulging under the vinyl.

I know for a fact that there was no squeaks and then all of a sudden loud squeaking in that one area. I know for a fact that the tear was not there when I closed the camper and then it was there when I opened it a few hours later. I also know for a fact that those bulging clips or staples have not been there before. I am meticulous about being level and having jacks down before extending the slide. I am worried about a slide failure... Any ideas??

Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tear and staple heads.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	489.4 KB
ID:	207793   Click image for larger version

Name:	location of squeak.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	589.3 KB
ID:	207794   Click image for larger version

Name:	Squeak, staples, tear.....JPG
Views:	119
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	207796  
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium California Special Convertible (The Beast)
2006 Ford Mustang 3.0 V6 Convertible (Lil' Blue)
HappyCamper1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 08:28 PM   #2

Pretty much nothing is covered under warranty. We are diligent to sweep and vacuum every time we move the slide in. A tiny pebble can wreak havoc.
rndsommer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 09:21 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndsommer4 View Post
Pretty much nothing is covered under warranty. We are diligent to sweep and vacuum every time we move the slide in. A tiny pebble can wreak havoc.

I am normally so meticulous, I don't know how I could have missed a pebble but they cannot find anything wrong with the slide so you could be right. BUT...Fingers still crossed on this one. They sent out a mobile technician to take another look because of those bulging staples under the flooring that are very near to the tear; it's like the floor is slightly raised in that area, which could also cause a wheel to catch and tear the vinyl. This is the second time they've looked at it - I believe they are going to do the repair under warranty.

Tampa RV/RV One has been really good. This is my second new TT purchase from them, one in Tampa and one in Orlando. Both times excellent sales folks, really great pricing after negotiating with them, and while I never used the Orlando shop for service, the shop in Tampa has been great!
Old 07-01-2019, 10:02 PM   #4

2019 2104s Slide Problem??

It won’t help, but the plastic on the runner/frame was making a black streak on one end of the slide so I got a $3 door mat and I stick it under the edge of the slide and let the slide run over it. Problem solved for me. Will it still mark it without it? I dunno scared to try it.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3707.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	288.3 KB
ID:	208736
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 04:09 PM   #5

Update - covered under warranty :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCamper1962 View Post
I am normally so meticulous, I don't know how I could have missed a pebble but they cannot find anything wrong with the slide so you could be right. BUT...Fingers still crossed on this one. They sent out a mobile technician to take another look because of those bulging staples under the flooring that are very near to the tear; it's like the floor is slightly raised in that area, which could also cause a wheel to catch and tear the vinyl. This is the second time they've looked at it - I believe they are going to do the repair under warranty.

Tampa RV/RV One has been really good. This is my second new TT purchase from them, one in Tampa and one in Orlando. Both times excellent sales folks, really great pricing after negotiating with them, and while I never used the Orlando shop for service, the shop in Tampa has been great!

Well it took another tech coming out to take pictures but I just heard back from the dealership and Rockwood is paying for my floor repair even though nobody can figure out what happened. #loveTampaRV

Tags
slide, 210