Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2020, 11:26 PM   #1

2020 5th wheel IRV 70 sound system manual

Good day all,

Attached is the owners manual for the sound system for the IRV 70 sound system.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf iRV 70 Sound system.pdf (4.80 MB, 1077 views)
Jim S JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 02:01 PM   #2
Now Camping Year-Round!!

Awesome, thanks for posting!

2020 RW Signature 8291RK 5er (...May 2021) & 2017 Dodge Ram Laramie 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel 4X4
Still missing my beautiful Columbus2013 Columbus 325RL__2019 Rockwood 2511S__2017 Rockwood ML 2507S__Rockwood Roo 21RS__2009 Wildcat 29RLBS
WannaBcamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 01:10 AM   #3

Thanks, any tips for making the dreaded buzz stop when connecting via Bluetooth? Rockwood 2020 Sig
jastewart25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 01:53 AM   #4

My trailer is at the dealer. I will have to check that out when I get it back at the end of the week.
Old 02-03-2021, 10:05 PM   #5

Thanks Jim.

I heard from IRV technologies and they said it could be a an improper ground/interference.

I was thinking if this was the case, radio would have feedback as well as TV, not just Bluetooth don’t you think?

Have you (or anyone reading) ever had to take off head unit before?
Old 02-11-2021, 01:05 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jastewart25 View Post
Thanks Jim.

I heard from IRV technologies and they said it could be a an improper ground/interference.

I was thinking if this was the case, radio would have feedback as well as TV, not just Bluetooth don’t you think?

Have you (or anyone reading) ever had to take off head unit before?
I have not taken it off. I was considering it also. I was looking for the 12v power to the unit to add a USB charging behind my TV in the storage above the unit. I hate having all my USB item on the counter.
A guy said there were screws under the face plate, I haven't checked.

I did get my Trailer back and I did not have a problem with the buzzing noise.
Old 02-11-2021, 02:00 AM   #7

IRV Update

Thanks for checking. Good news/bad news:

Spoke with IRV Tech (couldn’t be more pleased w their service) and because it’s only Bluetooth it’s most likely a bad Bluetooth chipset.

Good news: Replacement on the way
Bad news: They have discontinued the IRV70

The IRV70 is the same as the 68 except with Blue Ray capability.

I listen to podcasts far more than blue ray DVD’s and am so grateful to them for shipping out a new unit.

I hope this helps anyone who comes across this problem.

Apparently it’s a harness plug and play (need to properly ground) and to pop the unit out remove trim pieces off the ends carefully to reveal screws.
Old 06-13-2021, 09:07 AM   #8

How do you contact IRV? My little operator book doesn't have a contact to them. Mine has a issue with BT connection. It disconnects after about 10 minutes of play. Then has static. I need to call them I guess.

Years camping 50+,
Days camping in 2021, 120 and counting.
Rolling Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 09:30 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling Chaos View Post
How do you contact IRV? My little operator book doesn't have a contact to them. Mine has a issue with BT connection. It disconnects after about 10 minutes of play. Then has static. I need to call them I guess.
With the Bluetooth you pretty much have to be close enough to be connected. If I'm on my couch, it will not pick up the Bluetooth. I had them send me a new panel and the same problem exists. I have attached their contact info. This was in response to another app issue, but it will get you to the company. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210613-072603_Outlook.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	256898
Old 06-13-2021, 04:11 PM   #10

Great answer. Sorry to just be responding but Jim has steered you in the right direction! The new units are not being made anymore, they will replace under warranty with non blue ray model. Unfortunate but it is what it is and they are top notch customer service
Old 06-13-2021, 06:07 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim S JR View Post
With the Bluetooth you pretty much have to be close enough to be connected. If I'm on my couch, it will not pick up the Bluetooth. I had them send me a new panel and the same problem exists. I have attached their contact info. This was in response to another app issue, but it will get you to the company. Attachment 256898
Thanks
I did search out that number and left a VM with them. Will wait a day or so for a call back. Funny my Echo Dot is only about 3 feet away from the IRV 70.
Any Who we will see.

Years camping 50+,
Old 06-17-2021, 07:46 AM   #12

OK its been a few days now and I have not heard back from IRV yet. I just left a 2nd message in hopes they get back to me. After this it is call Rockwood and complain to them about their vender not responding to the customer. I have little to no hope at this point of getting this IRV 70 fixed or replaced.

Years camping 50+,
Old 06-17-2021, 11:37 PM   #13

I have attached contact of a man who was so very helpful to me. I’m so sorry for your trouble but hang in there. Give my contact a shot. IRV customer service was wonderful for me, I have a feeling they will help you.

The product however, the 70 is a bust it seems.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B8069466-A61E-43CB-A478-0082C95BE8D3.jpeg
Views:	65
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	257263  
Old 06-18-2021, 04:37 PM   #14

Quote:
I have attached contact of a man who was so very helpful to me. I’m so sorry for your trouble but hang in there. Give my contact a shot. IRV customer service was wonderful for me, I have a feeling they will help you.

The product however, the 70 is a bust it seems.
Todd is the same person who called me today. Very helpful he was. A new IRV 70 is on the way to my house. So they may be a little slow to call back, but when they answer they quickly deal with the issues. Now how to get the old one out ? There must be a way to get at the screws that mount it in place. How does one get to them?

Years camping 50+,
Old 06-18-2021, 11:05 PM   #15

So he shipped you a new 70? He told me they were discontinued & sent me the old model. I’m glad you got in touch with him.

I did not install because the remote was much different and nowhere near as nice & I have some neuro issues that it’s hard for me to learn new things so I just stopped using Bluetooth. Hoping to get a 70 replaced with a 70 if possible.

I’m now intrigued. Did he say anything to you about discontinuing the 70? Is it possible this machine is discontinued for my specific camper only somehow (although less than a year old)

Rockwood Signature UL Fifth Wheel

As for removal, I did not attempt but the slots on the sides are where you insert a non damaging (flathead perhaps?)

Make sure ground is good, I read where there isn’t much room for harness exchange so have another set of hands handy to hold radio.
Old 06-19-2021, 09:05 AM   #16

Quote:
So he shipped you a new 70? He told me they were discontinued & sent me the old model. I’m glad you got in touch with him.

I did not install because the remote was much different and nowhere near as nice & I have some neuro issues that it’s hard for me to learn new things so I just stopped using Bluetooth. Hoping to get a 70 replaced with a 70 if possible.

I’m now intrigued. Did he say anything to you about discontinuing the 70? Is it possible this machine is discontinued for my specific camper only somehow (although less than a year old)

Rockwood Signature UL Fifth Wheel

As for removal, I did not attempt but the slots on the sides are where you insert a non damaging (flathead perhaps?)

Make sure ground is good, I read where there isn’t much room for harness exchange so have another set of hands handy to hold radio.
My talk with him was very brief and he handed me over to the Thomas who ships things out. Todd made a point to make sure I told Thomas the shipper, he had a 70 and it was the one to be shipped to me. That is all I can tell you about that.
When I look at mine and try by hand to take the side plates off it wont budge. So a plastic tool of some sort will be required for sure so as to not tear things up or scar them.

Years camping 50+,
Old 06-19-2021, 11:54 AM   #17

Let us know how the install goes with photos if possible. I know I could use them! Wishing you luck.
Old 06-21-2021, 05:43 PM   #18

Well isn't this a fine pickle? I have a new IRV 70 radio on the way for replacement and now I don't need it. While trying to figure out why my 3 echo dots didn't work with the IRV 70 I never thought to try my other 2 PC's. I had only tried my old laptop which always seemed to act funny at times with blue tooth connections. I also didn't try my Roku. Well I tested them today and every one of them connected by blue tooth and worked just fine for hours. Seems the echo dot and the IRV 70 just don't get a long and play well together.
I called IRV today and will send the new one back. I explained to them what I found. The new one is coming with a return label so at east I don't have to pay for anything. Good company service for sure,

Years camping 50+,
Old 11-28-2021, 02:01 PM   #19

What’s New?

Quote:
Thanks for checking. Good news/bad news:

Spoke with IRV Tech (couldn’t be more pleased w their service) and because it’s only Bluetooth it’s most likely a bad Bluetooth chipset.

Good news: Replacement on the way
Bad news: They have discontinued the IRV70

The IRV70 is the same as the 68 except with Blue Ray capability.

I listen to podcasts far more than blue ray DVD’s and am so grateful to them for shipping out a new unit.

I hope this helps anyone who comes across this problem.

Apparently it’s a harness plug and play (need to properly ground) and to pop the unit out remove trim pieces off the ends carefully to reveal screws.
Did irv give any indication what their new model will be if the discontinued the irv 70?
Tinker2Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 02:33 PM   #20

They were able to get an IRV70 to me. Perhaps it was supply constraints. Unsure but thankfully the new model is installed but I haven’t checked it out yet as I just got my camper back

Tags
5th wheel, irv, manual, wheel