Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2019, 02:29 PM   #1

2020 Rockwood 2608BS all great so far

We took delivery of our 2608BS in July and have had it out four times with great results from all systems in the trailer.

First trip was three nights at a local RV full hookup park, second was four nights at a local (60 minute drive) state park without hook up's, third was four nights 90 minutes up the road at a Federal campground without hookups and lastly we just returned home from an 800 mile cross state trip to another state park with full hookups.

Both non hookup trips were made with a full 60 gallon water tank which is located behind the rear axle on the 2608. Both times I was on 60 mph two lane highways and while I did experience a little bit of tail wiggle I didn't have any sway at all although neither trip was windy. TV specs below in my sig.

We used both the A/C and the furnace at times and both functioned as expected. Also used just the fireplace for light heating needs and that too worked great. All kitchen appliances worked fine, using both propane and ac at different times. Bath fixtures worked great and appreciated the shower miser when we were dry camping.

We added a 3" topper to the granite like mattress and the bed was just as or possibly more comfortable than home. Storage needs were met with lots of room to spare which will be be helpful as we have longer trips planned or next year. The theater seats are very comfortable and the entertainment system worked fine for the couple of movies we watched.

All outside systems worked fine, dumps are located perfectly but I only dumped with the slides in. Dumping with the slides out could be interesting due to the front dump located under the slide and the rear dump located in-between the two slides restricting access somewhat. I adapted my Weber Q grill to RV propane an that worked out perfectly. Power awning, power stabilizers and power jack all are great and after not having any of the three powered on my last trailer this is a real treat.

I'm sure we will find something that is not up to par such as the slow flow from the kitchen faucet (the spray part flows great) but to date we can't say often enough "well done" to Forest River.
Old 09-16-2019, 02:44 PM   #2

That's really great to hear! If all goes well we will be trading for a used 2020 2608bs later this week
Old 09-16-2019, 07:29 PM   #3

Thank you for the positive info and have one on order should be in by the end of Sept.
Faster1eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 07:35 PM   #4

Was also wondering what your tow vehicle is. Thank you
Old 09-16-2019, 07:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster1eddie View Post
Was also wondering what your tow vehicle is. Thank you
2011 F250 6.2 gas 6 sp auto 3.73 rear 4X4 6.75’ bed crew cab ... from OP's signature ...
Frank & Cindy--- (SOB) 5th Wheel ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed--- Payload 4394------Remi & Sage camping pups---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500---2019 48 days ---2020 28 days Camping
frank4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 01:56 PM   #6

Great to hear you’re enjoying your 2608 Rockwood ultralight. We picked ours up in May of this year and we’ve been out several times. We love the layout of the camper but the only problem I seem to have was with the air-conditioning, we upgraded to the 15,000 BTU but the one time we were in weather that was about 87° we weren’t able to get the temperature in the camper below 84° during the day when the sun was on it, Seems like I should’ve been able to get it at least to 75, 76° anybody have any suggestions? We only ordered it with the one air conditioner but may have to put the second one in in the bedroom in the future. Also we were hooked up to 50AMP.
Jamesr7332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 01:59 PM   #7
Canoeing and camping fun

2608BS 2019 issues

We had a couple of minor issues with ours fixed under warranty (we purchased July of this year)
Issues dealer repaired
1. Back up observation camera didn't work due to a loose wire. (transferred from our old camper)
2. Step light didn't work also a loose wire
3. Blown bulb in refrigerator
4. We hope they solved the problem with the sewer smell coming in no matter what fan we used including the stove fan!!! We just changed out the air admittance valve under the bathroom sink in case that is the problem. We had the dealer install a porcelain toilet as part of the purchase agreement. The unit came with the siphon 360 on the black tank stack.

Heading out in our third trip this week, just have to figure out how to keep the clothes hangers on the rod in the closet, also need a couple of tension rods to keep plastic ware from falling out of cupboard by microwave. Took our chocolate lab with us on the second trip she opted to sleep on the couch at night (glad we brought a sheet to cover it), I think she misses the dinette bench in the old camper because she would sit on it and look out the window. Our old camper was a Winnebago mini plus with theater seating.
Jean D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 02:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesr7332 View Post
Great to hear you’re enjoying your 2608 Rockwood ultralight. We picked ours up in May of this year and we’ve been out several times. We love the layout of the camper but the only problem I seem to have was with the air-conditioning, we upgraded to the 15,000 BTU but the one time we were in weather that was about 87° we weren’t able to get the temperature in the camper below 84° during the day when the sun was on it, Seems like I should’ve been able to get it at least to 75, 76° anybody have any suggestions? We only ordered it with the one air conditioner but may have to put the second one in in the bedroom in the future. Also we were hooked up to 50AMP.
I had the same problem on our first time out. We were at an RV park on a local golf course and had full 90* sun on the trailer all day including sunset and due to the winds I couldn’t use the awning for shade. I found when using the ceiling ducts the 15K didn’t get the trailer under 84* but by opening the ducts on the A/C unit itself the living area cooled off nicely. Not good for the bedroom but fortunately here in the northwest the nights are cool. Just a small fan in the bedroom created a cross breeze perfect for night time cooling.
Old 09-17-2019, 02:26 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean D View Post
We had a couple of minor issues with ours fixed under warranty (we purchased July of this year)
Issues dealer repaired
1. Back up observation camera didn't work due to a loose wire. (transferred from our old camper)
2. Step light didn't work also a loose wire
3. Blown bulb in refrigerator
4. We hope they solved the problem with the sewer smell coming in no matter what fan we used including the stove fan!!! We just changed out the air admittance valve under the bathroom sink in case that is the problem. We had the dealer install a porcelain toilet as part of the purchase agreement. The unit came with the siphon 360 on the black tank stack.

Heading out in our third trip this week, just have to figure out how to keep the clothes hangers on the rod in the closet, also need a couple of tension rods to keep plastic ware from falling out of cupboard by microwave. Took our chocolate lab with us on the second trip she opted to sleep on the couch at night (glad we brought a sheet to cover it), I think she misses the dinette bench in the old camper because she would sit on it and look out the window. Our old camper was a Winnebago mini plus with theater seating.
Haven’t had any odor problems but like you we had the toilet switched to the porcelain model with the qty 12 flush spouts. We did this prior to picking it up. About the clothes hangers coming off the rod that happens to us too. I just read a post on here about this and one suggestion was to place a towel over the closet rod after hanging up your clothes. We plan to give this a try next week when we head out for our next adventure. We too travel with our dog, a 90 lb. Golden Retriever. At home he sleeps at the foot of our bed and since this floor plan has the bed slide he has plenty of room at the foot of this bed too. Our cupboard next to the micro contains both the electric coffee pot and the percolator (for dry camping) along with filters and coffee. No problems so far with anything falling out of the cupboards.
Old 09-17-2019, 03:34 PM   #10
Canoeing and camping fun

2608BS 2019 issues

I should have said that the plastic ware falls out when I open the cabinet when we get to the campground. So far no cupboards have opened when we are traveling. I keep the electric coffee pot on the bottom shelf of the pantry/ jacket closet next to the front door.

Love being able to get packed for a trip without having to open the slides. In our Winnebago couldn't get to the bedroom with the slide in (only one door).Love the space in this camper and having the two doors.

We have two different set ups for dumping the tanks use a wye if only going to be a short stay around five days. If staying longer on full hook ups have a garden hose that goes from the kitchen tank into a connector by the sewer line connection and we leave that open, when ready to dump the black tank unhook the garden hose and attach a screw on hose cap over the end so no back flow. Has worked fine so far (eliminates having to crawl under the slide during a longer stay).
Jean D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 04:21 PM   #11

We took delivery of our 2020 2608BS in April. Like Hatchdog, we really like the layout and everything works great. Took it to Colorado and back in July. We ordered it with the second air conditioner....that’s nice. Put the clothes hangers the opposite (backwards) on the rod and they won’t fall off.
Momma Tac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 05:05 PM   #12

Partition?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesr7332 View Post
There are a couple of threads on this site discussing a problem and fix for ineffective air conditioning. It seems that right behind the grille in the ceiling are TWO ducts: one for return air and one for cooled outgoing air. There's a real flimsy partition between them that goes right down to the grille. If this partition is installed poorly or gets knocked loose, outgoing air gets sucked right back into the return air and gets re-cooled over and over, and little cool air actually comes out the ducts.

People have found that they can fix this themselves with some foil tape (not duct tape) from Lowe's. Look for the thread with explanations and pictures.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 06:49 PM   #13
Enjoying Life

I followed the advice on this video and improved my 2019 AC performance.

2006 Durango HEMI

TeachTexas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 06:52 PM   #14

We are having good luck with our 2020 2608 BS so far! We are taking it on a 4 month trip in Nov!
Noahron3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 07:28 PM   #15

Yup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachTexas View Post
I followed the advice on this video and improved my 2019 AC performance.
Yup. A couple of different ways to fix it, but that's the problem all right.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 07:29 PM   #16

Thank you for the info I'll be pulling ours with a 2017 f150 max tow 3.5 eco 3.55 rear end it pulled our 30ft toy hauler with 2 ultra classics in side so hopefully this one pulls just as good.Thanks
Old 09-18-2019, 05:45 AM   #17

2608BS

We pull ours with a 2017 Ram 2500 6.4 273 gears!
Noahron3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 05:55 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahron3 View Post
We pull ours with a 2017 Ram 2500 6.4 273 gears!
Looking at that truck for a upgrade how do you like it with your 2608BS ... do you pull in the mountains ... mpg 9-11 ?? whats you payload # Thanks for any feedback ... Frank
Frank & Cindy--- (SOB) 5th Wheel ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed--- Payload 4394------Remi & Sage camping pups---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500---2019 48 days ---2020 28 days Camping
frank4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 09:27 AM   #19
CGK
Camping with Labs

Clothes Hangers that Stay On

"Heading out in our third trip this week, just have to figure out how to keep the clothes hangers on the rod in the closet...."

Hatchdog - Lynx Stay-put Hangers (https://www.amazon.com/Tri-Lynx-1200.../dp/B000NJ97C0) work well to keep clothes where they belong in the closet while traveling. They are a bit thick, and they are by design a bit more difficult to remove from the closet; but we used them successfully for years on our previous TT. After you get the clothes hangers to remain on the rod, the real issue becomes the lack of support of the rod installation itself. It can bend fairly easily under the weight of the clothes, and the ends that hold the rods are typically plastic. We completely lost the rod on our previous TT, and basically added support to the center to secure it and replaced the plastic ends with metal. Our best friends and camping buddies just reinforced the rod with galvanized conduit (inserted into the original rod so it appears identical)and with metal ends to hold the rod. Time will tell, but it feels really solid. It's great to have these closets, but may require a bit of work to ensure you don't find the clothes still on the Lynx hangers and rod but at the bottom of the closet. Safe travels!
CGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 10:12 AM   #20

Photo of hose?

Love the idea of using the garden hose to drain the kitchen gray water, any chance you could provide a photo? Not sure how to tied it into the main sewer line. Thanks.

FR 2019 Flagstaff 26FKBS, 2500, 2006 silverado. seven trips this year and more to come
dbaumeister is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood