Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2020, 10:44 PM   #1

2021 MiniLite 2513s on order

After a recent misstep order of a 2608BS (perfect TT/wrong TV or vice-versa), we just placed an order for the new model 2513s. The dealer we are working with in Indiana, was very accommodating in making the order change. We ordered about every option available for the MiniLite since we are saving so much over the 2608BS. Also changed to two 6v deep cycle batteries. I know there are pros and cons to that. We plan to add a generator at some point in the future, though we won’t be doing that much boondocking according the better half. Guess she may have to stay home on a few planned trips.

What we soon found out as we started looking at trailers, is it’s an exercise in compromise. The main one for us on the MiniLite was access with the slide closed; bathroom or BR. We went with BR. Figured we can take a bathroom break at the nearest fast-food like we do traveling now. But, you can’t or shouldn’t, take a nap there.

Looking forward to picking up the new trailer in April (hope it’s done by then). We will travel a southern route back to CA and learn as we go. Hope to hear from others that buy this model and from other MiniLite owners with any advice on new ownership.
rvflyer57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 11:15 PM   #2

Congrats!! Wise decision..Great choice! Definitely would advise you to review PDI & do thorough walk thru. Plan to camp nearby dealer for an extra day or two and use everything in new RV so if any issues they can come take care of them.
Also, having generator opens up so many more options for camping. Plus it's nice to have if ever issue with electric on yr campsite.
Gottaluvlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 01:32 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottaluvlife View Post
Congrats!! Wise decision..Great choice! Definitely would advise you to review PDI & do thorough walk thru. Plan to camp nearby dealer for an extra day or two and use everything in new RV so if any issues they can come take care of them.
Also, having generator opens up so many more options for camping. Plus it's nice to have if ever issue with electric on yr campsite.
Good advice. I printed a PDI earlier from the forum. Dealer said there are two parks within a few blocks of the dealership, which itself is miles from the Rockwood factory. If COVID isn’t an issue tours are available I understand. Can’t wait.
Old 11-23-2020, 06:09 AM   #4

New 2513S

rvflyer57/ Congrats on your new TT
We ordered a 2021 2506S from Wana RV in Indiana last month. Sounds like you used them also. We live in Georgia and chose to buy in Indiana because they were $ 6000.00 less then here in GA. We have been in the RV world for many years and I can fix pretty much any problem that comes along. So not buying local is not a factor for us. Good luck and be safe.
rickkey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 09:45 AM   #5

Warranty work is a concern. We have a several local RV dealers I can use, but none have good reputation for their service departments. I’ll have to be prepared for slow service and keep an eye on quality. I’m pretty handy when it comes to mechanical things, but RV’s are are new to me.
1940 Chevy Special Deluxe
1946 Aeronca 7AC Champion
Old 11-23-2020, 03:15 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvflyer57 View Post
Warranty work is a concern. We have a several local RV dealers I can use, but none have good reputation for their service departments. I’ll have to be prepared for slow service and keep an eye on quality. I’m pretty handy when it comes to mechanical things, but RV’s are are new to me.
Did you know that you can use an independent RV shop or mobile RV tech to do warranty work? You just have to get pre-approval from FR and be willing to be reimbursed.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 04:16 PM   #7

I didn’t know that. I’ll need to get acquainted with one around here. A friend that introduced me to the Rockwood line recently moved to a 5th wheel and refused to buy from the local dealer due to the poor warranty service they provided. Thank you for the info and response.
1940 Chevy Special Deluxe
1946 Aeronca 7AC Champion

Tags
lite