Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2020, 09:43 AM   #1

2021 rockwood geo pro g15tb converter/charger

New here, hello to all.
My wife and i will most likely be purchasing a g15tb in the next year or so and i am doing a lot of research on dropping in two 100ah battle born batteries and getting a 200 watt solar suitcase to plug in the side also. I am by no means an electrician but am a machinist.
My questions are:

Can someone reply as to the model # of the WF converter in this model and will it charge the lithium's to the full 14.4v if plugged into shore power?
If not, i will have to spend probably over a grand on a different converter an have the dealer or someone swap it out correct?

p.s. I have seen a lot of the solar/converter discussions on here and they are over my head sometimes, be easy on me lol.
Thanks so much in advance and I am really enjoying all the nice people and great info. on here.
Eric in Mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 09:48 AM   #2

In a year or so ? Couldn't say if they will be using the same Converter. Things can change all the time.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 01:13 PM   #3

solved

Found out the replacement converter/charger is a progressive dynamics model # PD9130LV. That would allow you to replace just the charger/converter of your wf-8735pb that forest river uses in the geo pro 15tb. always follow all safety rules of coarse. This converter will fully charge a battle born 100ah battery. nice!
Eric in Mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 07:26 PM   #4

Hi Eric, is the progressive dynamics model # PD9130LV also an inverter? IF so, is it 1000 watt like the original equipment?
Bellas owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 09:59 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellas owner View Post
Hi Eric, is the progressive dynamics model # PD9130LV also an inverter? IF so, is it 1000 watt like the original equipment?
It is only the charger/converter.
AFOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 05:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellas owner View Post
The inverter in the 15TB is a separate unit, mounted behind the microwave. The charger is mounted under the driver's side twin bed.
sanderpjwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 09:59 PM   #7

Be sure to report back when you get your trailer and if you upgrade your batteries so we can all learn. ��
BunnyCamper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
converter, geo pro, rockwood