Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2021, 05:48 PM   #1

2022 Changes To 2509s

Rockwood is closing-down production lines from July 5-9, to retool and switch-over the model year from 2021 to 2022.

Does anyone have a list of changes coming for 2022 units (relative to 2021)?

I am particularly interested in the changes to the exterior colours (colors for US readers!), available options, and standard features.

All I have (so far) are the new colour boards, which I have attached below.

Please reply with any changes you have heard-of, and please identify if they are confirmed or speculated.

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Rockwood Stone 2022.pdf (1.56 MB, 166 views)
File Type: pdf Rockwood Chocolate 2022.pdf (1.53 MB, 124 views)
File Type: pdf Rockwood 2022 Cabinets, Carpet, Lino, Countertops, Wall.pdf (1.16 MB, 178 views)
StilesYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 03:54 PM   #2

The only changes I heard was a price increase.Ordered a 2021 2205S about 5 months ago and said I'll be so lucky as to get a 2022 with maybe a graphics change for more money, even though I put money down upon ordering. I think they shouldn't build a single 2022 until they fill orders for 2021's. To me it sounds like a ploy to get more money to cover higher raw material prices. I don't put it past the manufacturer to halt production of 2021's just for that reason.
Camp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 08:22 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp1 View Post
The only changes I heard was a price increase.Ordered a 2021 2205S about 5 months ago and said I'll be so lucky as to get a 2022 with maybe a graphics change for more money, even though I put money down upon ordering. I think they shouldn't build a single 2022 until they fill orders for 2021's. To me it sounds like a ploy to get more money to cover higher raw material prices. I don't put it past the manufacturer to halt production of 2021's just for that reason.

An order placed five months ago (January) should have been price protected against any further increases (it's only more recent orders that have no price protection).

I believe the deadline (for a dealer to submit a January order to Rockwood that would be price-protected) was in mid-February. You should ask your dealer for proof of the date that they submitted the order to Rockwood (dealers should receive a confirmation document from the manufacturer showing their order was received and entered).

My guess is that your dealer may not have followed the proper process, or worse even, put your order through and then plans on keeping it for general inventory (or to sell to someone who will pay more). I have seen this happen a lot with new cars lately, during the chip shortages...

As for Rockwood halting production arbitrarily on their 2021 models, I don't think that is the case. If you look online, many major manufacturers signed-off this year on a mutually consistent model-year changeover date (most doing so sometime in July).

Hope this helps -
Old 06-30-2021, 08:45 AM   #4

Update as per Forest River. They decided to opt out of price protection: good luck to those who ordered from them.
Old 06-30-2021, 12:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Update as per Forest River. They decided to opt out of price protection: good luck to those who ordered from them.
Can anyone confirm this?
CZ 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 12:48 PM   #6

Quote:

This doesn't affect orders that were already price-protected.

My understanding is that they opted-out of price protection on a specific date, and that it would only affect orders placed with Rockwood AFTER that specific date. Dealers had notice of this date, and that's why any contracts for NEW deals will clearly indicate that the quoted price is subject to change.

Either way, I am personally not worried about this, because my order was placed in February, with an authorized dealer, using an actual purchase contract (that shows my price).

It would be nearly impossible (based on consumer protection laws where I live) for the dealer to charge me more, and I seriously doubt that Rockwood would risk losing their dealer relationships by bailing on price-protection that was previously contracted.
Old 06-30-2021, 02:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by StilesYYZ View Post
This doesn't affect orders that were already price-protected.

My understanding is that they opted-out of price protection on a specific date, and that it would only affect orders placed with Rockwood AFTER that specific date. Dealers had notice of this date, and that's why any contracts for NEW deals will clearly indicate that the quoted price is subject to change.

Either way, I am personally not worried about this, because my order was placed in February, with an authorized dealer, using an actual purchase contract (that shows my price).

It would be nearly impossible (based on consumer protection laws where I live) for the dealer to charge me more, and I seriously doubt that Rockwood would risk losing their dealer relationships by bailing on price-protection that was previously contracted.
I too ordered in February , money down and a signed contract. Was told after visiting my dealer yesterday that there will be no price protection as anything built after the 2 week July shut down will be a 2022 with a graphics change and a 10% price increase for a 2022 as per Forest River....nice marketing! I'm paying cash for mine and maybe if I would have paid for the whole thing upon ordering I would be locked in but I didn't honestly think Forest River would stoop this low.
Old 06-30-2021, 02:39 PM   #8

Quote:
I too ordered in February , money down and a signed contract. Was told after visiting my dealer yesterday that there will be no price protection as anything built after the 2 week July shut down will be a 2022 with a graphics change and a 10% price increase for a 2022 as per Forest River....nice marketing! I'm paying cash for mine and maybe if I would have paid for the whole thing upon ordering I would be locked in but I didn't honestly think Forest River would stoop this low.
Just contacted my dealer and they confirmed that the above is true. Forest River just went down a few notches in my book.
Old 06-30-2021, 03:17 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZ 75 View Post
Just contacted my dealer and they confirmed that the above is true. Forest River just went down a few notches in my book.
I'm pulling out all the stops to find another manufacturers TT that fits my needs before my order gets delivered. Like I said earlier they shouldn't build a single 2022 until 2021 orders are fulfilled but it's a good ploy to cover the cost of recent raw material price increases, just change the graphics, call it a 2022 and raise the price.
Old 06-30-2021, 03:19 PM   #10

Quote:
I'm pulling out all the stops to find another manufacturers TT that fits my needs before my order gets delivered. Like I said earlier they shouldn't build a single 2022 until 2021 orders are fulfilled but it's a good ploy to cover the cost of recent raw material price increases, just change the graphics, call it a 2022 and raise the price.
Same. I'm done with this stupidity. Found a comparable Coachmen in the next town over. About to go take a look at it.
Old 06-30-2021, 06:30 PM   #11

My dealer is giving me a different story, confirming that my order was price protected... For now it's to my benefit, so I'm not going to ask any questions. This might be a dealer specific thing?

Has anyone else received any confirmation (price increase vs. no price increase) from their dealer?
Old 06-30-2021, 07:05 PM   #12

Quote:
My dealer is giving me a different story, confirming that my order was price protected... For now it's to my benefit, so I'm not going to ask any questions. This might be a dealer specific thing?

Has anyone else received any confirmation (price increase vs. no price increase) from their dealer?
Glad to hear, hope it all works out for you, please let us know the final outcome.
Old 06-30-2021, 08:31 PM   #13

Quote:

"Josh the RV Nerd" from Haylett mentioned in one of his videos awhile back that all orders that had already been placed up to that point were going to be priced protected by the dealership, but going forward they weren't going to be able to offer it. So could be very dealer specific. I'm lucky I got mine when I got it.

Adrien
adrienbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 09:31 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrienbaker View Post
"Josh the RV Nerd" from Haylett mentioned in one of his videos awhile back that all orders that had already been placed up to that point were going to be priced protected by the dealership, but going forward they weren't going to be able to offer it. So could be very dealer specific. I'm lucky I got mine when I got it.

Adrien
This is different. FR is no longer honoring even those who locked in price protection many months back. My dealer confirmed this.
Old 06-30-2021, 09:45 PM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZ 75 View Post
This is different. FR is no longer honoring even those who locked in price protection many months back. My dealer confirmed this.
I would contact FR directly, before I'd believe a dealer who would love to make extra money.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 11:05 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
I would contact FR directly, before I'd believe a dealer who would love to make extra money.
The above poster, Camp1, said this was per Forest River. I then contacted my dealer and they confirmed it.
Old 07-01-2021, 09:33 AM   #17

If your dealers are confirming this, I would be 100% with you in walking-away...

Forest River has been producing dealer stock lately (I heard almost half of their production is for unassigned, dealer inventory orders). I understand that they probably have to do this, to ensure dealers don't go out-of-business...

BUT, they shouldn't then be able to turn around and penalize a consumer who had actual signed order with price-protection. When I signed my deal, I was pushed to 'sign right now to protect your order from FR's price increase next week'...

If FR chose to make unassigned units for dealer inventory, it was a business decision that has artificially delayed our orders. FR shouldn't then be expecting to further benefit by double-dipping with price increases on assigned orders.

This type of decision can seriously damage their brand... Just my two cents.
Old 07-08-2021, 01:46 PM   #18

Came across this on YouTube today:

Old 07-12-2021, 08:07 AM   #19

Quote:
Rockwood is closing-down production lines from July 5-9, to retool and switch-over the model year from 2021 to 2022.

Does anyone have a list of changes coming for 2022 units (relative to 2021)?

I am particularly interested in the changes to the exterior colours (colors for US readers!), available options, and standard features.

All I have (so far) are the new colour boards, which I have attached below.

Please reply with any changes you have heard-of, and please identify if they are confirmed or speculated.

Thanks!
Here's more confirmation on the decor changes, including wood color and bathroom fixtures:

Tags
2509s