Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2022, 07:57 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt77 View Post
Wrong refrigerator, big deal.
Gotcha, which fridge did you want?

I contacted rvw the other day and got a generic email quickly from them but have still not received a price. I will say after all my searching so far and contacting people its amazing how bad people are at getting back to you, especially at the "big commercialized" dealers. Also pretty amazing how much of a price discrepancy there is between whats within 75 miles from to say if i go over the mtns and get into Tennessee/Kentucky. Just goes to show you how much wiggle room they actually have built into these things price wise.
Old 01-17-2022, 08:46 PM   #22

We bought our 2017 8299BS Signature Ultra Lite at the RV show in Pleasanton, CA. We got a great deal.
martyleach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 07:58 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alloutdrs1 View Post
Gotcha, which fridge did you want?

I contacted rvw the other day and got a generic email quickly from them but have still not received a price. I will say after all my searching so far and contacting people its amazing how bad people are at getting back to you, especially at the "big commercialized" dealers. Also pretty amazing how much of a price discrepancy there is between whats within 75 miles from to say if i go over the mtns and get into Tennessee/Kentucky. Just goes to show you how much wiggle room they actually have built into these things price wise.
Camping World would only take 3% off the MSRP of a 2608. An independent dealer near us took 21% off. This is our fifth travel trailer and I’ve gotten at least 20% off MSRP on each one but all were bought at small independent dealers. The big boys are greedy and have more overhead.
Bissel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 01:25 PM   #24

2511s MRP

I locked in a 2021 Rockwood 2511s at $31K (MSRP $37K) in Feb 2021. I received a 2022 for the negotiated price, before they quit locking in prices.

I now see the 2022 loaded 2511s (larger Ac, power jacks, etc.) at an MSRP of over $40K.

Glad I got locked in and got the 2022. Good luck.
jsk125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 08:52 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsk125 View Post
I locked in a 2021 Rockwood 2511s at $31K (MSRP $37K) in Feb 2021. I received a 2022 for the negotiated price, before they quit locking in prices.

I now see the 2022 loaded 2511s (larger Ac, power jacks, etc.) at an MSRP of over $40K.

Glad I got locked in and got the 2022. Good luck.

It for sure is a different world out there when buying one of these now. What doesn't help is how quickly people snatch them up with what seems little regard to negotiating a price. i drove an hour to look at one on Monday and today I was notified it was sold..msrp of 47k.

In my search most of the better deal are about 6-7k off msrp, rvwholesale in Ohio was priced about the same as the others. The other thing I dislike is how every dealer pushes the..."prices are only going up, they change everyday" drives me crazy. To order one i was told 8mnths until delivery as well. I have found two decent ones so far. i just have to decide now if i want to move forward with this or wait and see if the economy is going to collapse like i keep hearing and then scoop one up cheaper. Who knows what tomorrow holds though and like my wife said camping is a huge part of our lives, why wait for tomorrow.
Old 01-24-2022, 10:31 PM   #26

2509S

We bought our 2021 2509s in October of 2020. It was listed at $38K, and we bought it for about $30K We bought it from an amazing dealership in Alabama. They had been on back order for months, and we went the day they came in, ready to sign.

Best of luck to you, and congrats on that new baby!
titansjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 07:09 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by titansjan View Post
We bought our 2021 2509s in October of 2020. It was listed at $38K, and we bought it for about $30K We bought it from an amazing dealership in Alabama. They had been on back order for months, and we went the day they came in, ready to sign.

Best of luck to you, and congrats on that new baby!

Thank you for the info, that's a pretty good gauge for me to base prices off of. So far my lowest quote has been 32.5k and most I have inquired about are around 34-36. Rvwholesalers was at 35.5k, there were a few higher then everyone else at about 38k. I had found a new 2021 2509s with a lower starting MSRP then the 2022 models but that dealer was my highest quote. I thought I was going to do good on that one when I found it.

Thanks for the congrats! My wife and me are enjoying every minute of it, baby is 5 months old as of yesterday and already been camping! My daughter is 8 and she grew up with us going camping a lot so we are excited for the new chapter the baby brings to our lives!
Alloutdrs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 07:54 AM   #28

And quality has dropped proportionally at best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
MSRPs have gone up 20-30% during the Covid buying craze.
Too bad they’re being built so cheaply as I’ve seen and experienced the issue isn’t getting any better
R_MAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 08:37 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alloutdrs1 View Post
Thank you for the info, that's a pretty good gauge for me to base prices off of. So far my lowest quote has been 32.5k and most I have inquired about are around 34-36. Rvwholesalers was at 35.5k, there were a few higher then everyone else at about 38k. I had found a new 2021 2509s with a lower starting MSRP then the 2022 models but that dealer was my highest quote. I thought I was going to do good on that one when I found it.

Thanks for the congrats! My wife and me are enjoying every minute of it, baby is 5 months old as of yesterday and already been camping! My daughter is 8 and she grew up with us going camping a lot so we are excited for the new chapter the baby brings to our lives!
Keep in mind that most of those dealers aren’t price protecting while RVWholesalers is. Unfortunately, there are dealers out there that will quote a lower price to get you to sign. They know your only option 9 months from now would be to take the increased price or wait another 9 months. They know the majority of people would just bite the bullet and move on. In other words, they have no intention of selling you one at that price.
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 09:34 AM   #30

Driving to Florida from NY recently we noticed that every rv dealer was packed with new rvs. I don't see the shortage anywhere and it is not like the car dealer lots that are empty. I would believe there will be deals on these rvs since there are so many on the lots. Fortunately I am not in the market for a rv but did just purchase a new tow vehicle. Did really well on the truck exchange but who knows how long this situation will last. Good luck on your purchase.

Jack350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 09:35 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustman_stx View Post
Keep in mind that most of those dealers aren’t price protecting while RVWholesalers is. Unfortunately, there are dealers out there that will quote a lower price to get you to sign. They know your only option 9 months from now would be to take the increased price or wait another 9 months. They know the majority of people would just bite the bullet and move on. In other words, they have no intention of selling you one at that price.
You are correct, rvwholesalers is price protected, they had no units in stock. The rest of my prices I received were all on units in stock on the lot. If it wasn't in stock I agree 100% with your tactic of pricing it low only to move you up in price before delivery.
Old 01-25-2022, 09:38 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack350 View Post
Driving to Florida from NY recently we noticed that every rv dealer was packed with new rvs. I don't see the shortage anywhere and it is not like the car dealer lots that are empty. I would believe there will be deals on these rvs since there are so many on the lots. Fortunately I am not in the market for a rv but did just purchase a new tow vehicle. Did really well on the truck exchange but who knows how long this situation will last. Good luck on your purchase.
I have noticed inventory is better as well but I think it depends on what model your after and we are in the winter months. I looked at a 2509 locally on a Monday that they just got in and by Thursday it was sold. Didn't even have time to bargain my deal. The pricing is higher since COVID but I really don't see it going down much. Once things go up they usually do not return to normal, especially if people are buying them up. We may see a slight dip in prices but I doubt we will go back to pre COVID prices.
Old 01-25-2022, 09:50 AM   #33

I recently upgraded campers. I try to look at this in a practical sense. Yes, prices are through the roof. However, you can often sell your old camper for more than you paid for it. This is what I did. Doing this allows you to offset some of the price hikes. Not all, but some. Trucks are the same way. Everything is going up, up, up. Perhaps higher interest rates will cool this some. They may be offset by continued shortages for parts, etc. No one has a crystal ball. I decided to make payments on something I really wanted as opposed to continuing to make payments on something I really no longer wanted. Every family and every situation is different. If prices come down, then you will have higher interest rates to deal with. My advice is sell your old camper outright (if you have one). Then shop around for the best deal you can find on the new one unless you're absolutely set on buying from a local dealer. I concur with what somebody said earlier about the unwillingness of dealers to do nearly as much negotiating. Most told me "here is the price there is no wiggle room" and let me walk. Then 48 hours later the camper was gone. It's still a tough go out there.
FrankH35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 10:21 AM   #34
Site Team

Many are saying that they see dealerships full of new RVs.
My question is how many of those are waiting for parts and how many are waiting warranty service.
Just because the lots are full, doesn't necessarily mean they are all waiting to be sold.
The supply chain issue is affecting new dealer stock also.
Talked a rep yesterday and he said they were shipping new stock to RV shows, that were missing parts and equipment.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 10:28 AM   #35

Quote:
My question is how many of those are waiting for parts and how many are waiting warranty service.
Just because the lots are full, doesn't necessarily mean they are all waiting to be sold.
Talked a rep yesterday and he said they were shipping new stock to RV shows, that were missing parts and equipment.

^This! I store my 5er at a big dealership and his lot is full of hundreds of RV's. I asked him if business is slowing down and he said he can't keep up. All the new stuff on the lot is sold and just waiting for PDI and the used stuff is all the trade ins and service units. And he just added 500 slots for RV storage and it is already full with a waiting list.

When all the dust clears, there will be a lot of used units available with no one to buy them.
corn18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 11:26 AM   #36

Interesting info on dealer stock on the dealer lots. My observations from my post above were many brand new same brand rows of rvs. These were not storage yards of used rvs. They may all of been sold, but they were filling all the space available. There was also a mix of trailers, 5th wheels and large motorhomes. I may be wrong but that is what I was observing.

Jack350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 11:45 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack350 View Post
Interesting info on dealer stock on the dealer lots. My observations from my post above were many brand new same brand rows of rvs. These were not storage yards of used rvs. They may all of been sold, but they were filling all the space available. There was also a mix of trailers, 5th wheels and large motorhomes. I may be wrong but that is what I was observing.

I live about 30 minutes from Couch's RV. Maybe I'll run up there and see what they have on the lot. When I picked up my 5er Sep 2020, they had very little on the lot and they were all sold.

I agree that it doesn't make sense that the lots are full and they are all sold. It costs money to have stuff sitting on the lot, sold or not.
corn18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 12:00 PM   #38
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
We have visited two very large R/V dealers since hitting FL for our winter stay.
Both had hundreds of units on the lot.

The sales folks we spoke with said 80% are for sale and units on hold and waiting for delivery make up the other 20%. They also indicated those units are locked and/or some, in another area. We went in/went past way more that were open than those not.

Just my experience at two FL dealers.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 07:09 AM   #39

Well i found a real good deal on the 25brds the sibling to the 2509s, only thing holding me back is it has the 13500btu A/C. I had it in my mind this time i was going to go up to the 15k unit, although we are not big AC users. Decisions..
Old 01-28-2022, 04:39 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankH35 View Post
I concur with what somebody said earlier about the unwillingness of dealers to do nearly as much negotiating. Most told me "here is the price there is no wiggle room" and let me walk. Then 48 hours later the camper was gone. It's still a tough go out there.
I ran into the same thing when looking/buying. No dealers wanted to make a deal (most didn’t have what I was looking for in stock), and the dealers I did talk to that had stock told me the same thing; “This is the price. No negotiations. If you don’t want it someone tomorrow will.”
Backcountryboondocker is offline   Reply With Quote