Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2022, 10:05 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 30
2022 pricing

Hello all, my wife and me just had our second child back in August and are throwing around the idea of upgrading from our coachmen apex nano 185bh we have had for 4 years now to the rockwood minilite 2509s or the flagstaff 25brds. For those who have purchased one recently in this crazy market were you able to get under msrp and if so by how much. Just trying to get a baseline of what to expect. Thanks!
__________________
*Coachmen Apex 185bh
*Chevy 2500HD
Alloutdrs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 03:36 AM   #2
Site Team
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 27,152
MSRPs have gone up 20-30% during the Covid buying craze.
__________________
Dan-Retired California Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 04:21 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 120
just got a 2021 5th wheel. about $18k less than MSRP. said the 2022 will be 14k over 2021 MSRP.
__________________
Abe Arctic Wolf 2021 29IRl
2017 Titan XD 5.0 Diesel 2018 Indian Roadmaster
Disabled Vet, IT Guy SW Fla.
wildmanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 07:05 AM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
MSRPs have gone up 20-30% during the Covid buying craze.


Yeah have been following it, but are the campers like vehicles right now with people paying msrp or is there still some achievable negotiation? Anyone think it will ever come back down or is this where we are now?
__________________
*Coachmen Apex 185bh
*Chevy 2500HD
Alloutdrs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 08:07 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alloutdrs1 View Post
Hello all, my wife and me just had our second child back in August and are throwing around the idea of upgrading from our coachmen apex nano 185bh we have had for 4 years now to the rockwood minilite 2509s or the flagstaff 25brds. For those who have purchased one recently in this crazy market were you able to get under msrp and if so by how much. Just trying to get a baseline of what to expect. Thanks!
Before Covid you could easily get 20% MSRP. There are still some dealers out there not gouging but the sum of them are not coming off the MSRP by much. We are looking to buy a 2608BS. Camping World would only come off the MSRP by 3%. My preferred dealer is still doing 18% to 20% but he has been waiting for almost a year for his order from Rockwood.
Bissel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 08:13 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alloutdrs1 View Post
Yeah have been following it, but are the campers like vehicles right now with people paying msrp or is there still some achievable negotiation? Anyone think it will ever come back down or is this where we are now?

You should NOT expect to pay MSRP, but depending on how popular that model and floorplan is, the more or less you will pay. If the model you want to buy sells without much effort, the dealerships won't have incentive to budge much from MSRP. Unfortunately, this is where the RV industry is right now and it's more than likely going to stay the same (and likely get more expensive) until interest rate hikes planned for 2022 start to cool off consumer demand and spending.

All that said, I would think you should be able to negotiate between 15 to 20 percent off easily, based on the stories from others on this forum that've recently purchased a new RV. Just do your homework and don't be afraid to expand your search to dealerships nationwide. Many will deliver the RV to you. Good luck!
__________________
2020 Forest River Sabre 37FLH
2013 Ford F-350 XL Crew Cab 6.7L Diesel DRW
Tulip, the Wonder-Shepherd
GPs37FLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 12:19 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Posts: 17
I can't speak to discounts below MSRP, that will vary by dealer and what you are comfortable with. Personally, I'll pay a little more for a reputable and honest dealer over one that will discount the most. I also prefer a local dealer but again, just personal preferences.

Also important to me was locking in the agreed upon price regardless of future increases. I did not want a 2-4% surprise once the trailer arrived. Ours took about 4 months, I'm aware of at least a 2% increase in that time period but our price was locked - no surprises when we finally took delivery.

Congrats on the growing family!
__________________
-Pete
2022 Rockwood Mini Lite 2516s
2016 F250 CCSB 6.7 4x4
Petes6.7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 01:50 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Loveland, OH
Posts: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alloutdrs1 View Post
Yeah have been following it, but are the campers like vehicles right now with people paying msrp or is there still some achievable negotiation? Anyone think it will ever come back down or is this where we are now?
I just go to RVwholsalers web site and request a quote. I use an email address designated for annoying sales people just like the ones @ RVW. The phone number might not be hooked up, either. But they will instantly email you a quote that will be about the best in the nation. Good for reference. MSRP for our 5er for 2022 is $72k and RVW quoted me $54k. So that's a 25% discount.
__________________
2015 Chevy 2500HD 6.0 4x4 CC SB
2021 Salem Heritage Glen 290RL
Andersen Ultimate
800W solar > 412 Ah LiFePO4 > Victron MultiPlus II
corn18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 02:28 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 149
Find an RV show

Best place for wheeling and dealing is an RV show.
__________________
_______________________
2022 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511s
2020 Ford Expedition XLT - Max Towing
jsk125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 02:31 PM   #10
Site Team
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 27,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsk125 View Post
Best place for wheeling and dealing is an RV show.
Not my experience.
__________________
Dan-Retired California Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 02:43 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: North of Seattle, WA
Posts: 13,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsk125 View Post
Best place for wheeling and dealing is an RV show.
Wouldn't be my choice. I'd go ( and did ) shopping after Dealers receive the orders they placed for the new model year and are now making " flooring payments" to bank or mfr.

That's when they have incentives to deal but only on stock items. Last TT I bought was in stock and I got to inspect everything. Was exactly what I wanted, plus. Trailer before this was ordered and wasn't. Took months if waiting too.

I just drove most of the length of California and in every town with an RV dealer, the lots were FULL.
__________________
"A wise man can change his mind. A fool never will."

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 03:08 PM   #12
Pickin', Campin', Mason
 
5picker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: South Western PA
Posts: 15,470
We've been shopping as well (not the OPs model) and have found 2022 models have gone up in price about 20% over 2021 models and all the dealers we've visited are holding hard at about 15% off MSRP.
__________________
_________________________________________
2016 Flagstaff 8529IKBS Diamond Package 5th Wheel•Goodyear Endurance Tires•2017 Ford F-Series SCREW 4x4•Factory Puck•B&W Companion•TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater•Sinemate 3500w Gen.
F&AM Lodge 358 Somerset, PA - JAFFA Shrine - Altoona, PA

Days Camped: '17=38 '18=49 '19=58 '20=110 '21=116 '22=27
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 03:20 PM   #13
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Posts: 37
We just bought a 2022. I will state up front I'm horrible at negotiating.....I'm just not good at it.haha We ended up out the door with taxes and everything at MSRP minus 15%. Knowing how bad I am at negotiating I'd say someone who knew what they were doing would've gotten another 5-10% off I bet.
I did notice overall places would let us walk out the door where they used to not do that. We walked away from 3 other campers over a couple thousand dollars.
0rion100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 03:45 PM   #14
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 30
Some great insight in here, thanks for all the advice! Good to see that there is still an achievable amount of negotiating you can do. I have no problem going out of state for one so i am searching further out. I have been to the rvshows and it was not my experience for deals as well, I wasn't that impressed with it.
__________________
*Coachmen Apex 185bh
*Chevy 2500HD
Alloutdrs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 03:48 PM   #15
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes6.7 View Post
I can't speak to discounts below MSRP, that will vary by dealer and what you are comfortable with. Personally, I'll pay a little more for a reputable and honest dealer over one that will discount the most. I also prefer a local dealer but again, just personal preferences.

Also important to me was locking in the agreed upon price regardless of future increases. I did not want a 2-4% surprise once the trailer arrived. Ours took about 4 months, I'm aware of at least a 2% increase in that time period but our price was locked - no surprises when we finally took delivery.

Congrats on the growing family!

I looked into ordering one, now they wont even lock in your price on the unit you order. Thanks for the congrats, my wife and me are excited and camping is a huge part of our lives. Since we bought our Apex we have been doing 2 trips a month except for December. So that's why we are looking to upgrade now for extra room, good thing is i have a camper and will just take my time searching for a good deal.
__________________
*Coachmen Apex 185bh
*Chevy 2500HD
Alloutdrs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 04:00 PM   #16
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by corn18 View Post
I just go to RVwholsalers web site and request a quote. I use an email address designated for annoying sales people just like the ones @ RVW. The phone number might not be hooked up, either. But they will instantly email you a quote that will be about the best in the nation. Good for reference. MSRP for our 5er for 2022 is $72k and RVW quoted me $54k. So that's a 25% discount.
I just went over to there website and man do they have a bunch of inventory for the model I'm looking for. I'm after the white exterior with the 15k a/c and the slide topper and no power jacks, they had 1 to that spec so i requested a price.
__________________
*Coachmen Apex 185bh
*Chevy 2500HD
Alloutdrs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 12:01 AM   #17
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alloutdrs1 View Post
I just went over to there website and man do they have a bunch of inventory for the model I'm looking for. I'm after the white exterior with the 15k a/c and the slide topper and no power jacks, they had 1 to that spec so i requested a price.
Their inventory they show is not available, those are campers other people have ordered. I just received my 2509s from RVW this week that I ordered at the end of Feb 2021. You will be ordering one if buying from them and who knows how long it takes. They will be cheap and they will lock in the price and honor it without increase, but they ordered mine wrong and I was told I can take it or get my deposit back. After missing a comping season and the disappointment the kids had on missing out on camping I had no option but take it. Obviously they would have loved for me to cancel and get my deposit back because they could have made a healthy profit in the current market vs my agreed to price.
matt77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 07:38 AM   #18
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt77 View Post
Their inventory they show is not available, those are campers other people have ordered. I just received my 2509s from RVW this week that I ordered at the end of Feb 2021. You will be ordering one if buying from them and who knows how long it takes. They will be cheap and they will lock in the price and honor it without increase, but they ordered mine wrong and I was told I can take it or get my deposit back. After missing a comping season and the disappointment the kids had on missing out on camping I had no option but take it. Obviously they would have loved for me to cancel and get my deposit back because they could have made a healthy profit in the current market vs my agreed to price.
Gotcha, interesting way of posting inventory. Took you almost a year to receive an ordered one it seems. If you don't mind me asking what did they order wrong on your unit? You havent had it long but how do you like the 2509s so far?
__________________
*Coachmen Apex 185bh
*Chevy 2500HD
Alloutdrs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 10:31 AM   #19
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alloutdrs1 View Post
Gotcha, interesting way of posting inventory. Took you almost a year to receive an ordered one it seems. If you don't mind me asking what did they order wrong on your unit? You havent had it long but how do you like the 2509s so far?
Wrong refrigerator, big deal.
matt77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 11:06 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 1,645
What is MSRP on a RV? A printed sheet of paper listing the dealer price on the dinette table?
Until the RV industry adopts the Monroney sticker, who knows what MSRP is?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monroney_sticker
__________________
2018 Ram 2500 Tradesman, CTD/CC/SB/4X4/Equalizer WDH
2019 Forest River Surveyor Legend 19BHLE
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:05 PM.