Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-30-2020, 11:50 AM   #61

Very nice model.
Old 11-30-2020, 12:27 PM   #62

More interior shots

Bath and bedroom doors open. Both the bathroom and this one bedroom outlet are "Inverter Powered". (there is another 120v outlet + USB on the far side of the bed, not inverter powered)

My comments on the Theater Seating.

- This is exactly what we wanted. The permanent center arm rest was too limiting. With the fold-up center, there are alternate ways to lounge.
- These are 3 individual pieces - think of a sectional sofa. While the seats were clearly screwed down to the floor the center section felt like it had pins that fit into holes in each seat. There is slop in the center section that I'm going to have to get in there and figure out how to tighten up.
- Model not provided by dealer - I had to bring my own. ;-)

I'll have to clean these power cords up as well. The keen eye will note that these two outlets are under the kitchen dinette seating which results in short (ie non-full length) drawers under the seats. Not an effecient use of space under the dinette seating.

jeffmarshall911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 01:37 PM   #63

Random quirks and features

Control panel just inside main doorway (shares wall with fridge). I'm not sure I like the location of the "Interior" light switch. I guess I'll have to figure out of this needs to be changed when it's dark.

Wifiranger Teton headend Wifi & AM/FM with HDTV antenna option deck.

Go Power Solar Controller, which is mounted just inside the rear doorway (shares wall with bathroom)

Here is an odd one - this box is jammed under the bathroom vanity. I'm for sure going to be digging in here when I have a screwdriver, I assume that it's part of the solar setup as the controller panel is just above it. No labels were viewable. It might be the charge controller, rather than being placed near the circuit panel.

Solar Panel

Inverter is mounted in the lower left kitchen cabinet. The remote for it is on the face of the cabinet next to the LP detector. Of course the reset button is on the rear panel which is partially obstructed by the paneling. Ostensibly, this is up here to be close the the battery. (dual battery box is installed, one battery comes with. I noticed today that the solar controller is configured for AGM battery, the sales guy was surprised that a battery was already installed. Kinda wondering if it came with an AGM from the factory?)

Circuit Panel. I'll spend time here figuring what's connected to what as some of the labeling doesn't jump out as obvious.

small water heater under the kitchen sink.
+ that the kitchen will get hot water without delay
- cold shower or showermiser use
- the winterization valves are behind here.

I suspect that I will construct a more complete box for this.

And the most disappointing thing I found was this wiring fiasco. While I wasn't specifically focused on it (it was a random underneath pic) I clearly need to attend to this - it's got my OCD stirred up. I *think* the taut red wire is the curb side 'solar ready' jack. All in all, not a big deal as I'm the person that gets elbows deep into something like this to both understand and to be able to fix it. I just don't know how someone actually connected this and thought it was a good thing.

There were a couple of cabinet doors that needed to be adjusted and the Formica on one of the bedside shelves is delaminating. Besides those (and a detailed clean up) I think we're good with delivery on Wednesday.

/Jeff
Old 11-30-2020, 02:57 PM   #64
Canoeing and camping fun

Box under bathroom sink

Hard to believe but that black box under the sink may be the sub woofer for the stereo. It’s that way in our 2019 camper (2608bs). I wish we had the outlet on the living room side of the bed!
Jean D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 03:02 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvflyer57 View Post
Congrats Jeffmarshall911. Still our favorite floor plan. Maybe after we get some mileage out of our RAM 1500/MiniLite 2513s combo. Tigger68, I'm still quite the rookie here, but as bikendan says the 2600 class of Rockwood will tax most 1/2 ton truck's payload (as i found out just in time to cancel my order). Others have said they tow just fine, and I don't disagree. However, due to my Newbie status I deferred to more experienced RVers and changed to the 2513s. My RAM was new, so not an option to dump it for the 2608BS. It is a great looking TT for sure.
I had a Ram 1500 with every towing option available to pull my 2304DS. It wasn't enough truck. My 2304DS says 5598 lbs dry. There's more to it than just weight, for example my good friends who camp with us a lot have a 21' Mini Lite (I forget the exact model) that's 1000 lbs lighter, but it's also far shorter, less drag up above the truck from airflow.
Old 11-30-2020, 04:10 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean D View Post
Hard to believe but that black box under the sink may be the sub woofer for the stereo. It’s that way in our 2019 camper (2608bs). I wish we had the outlet on the living room side of the bed!
Certainly an odd location but somewhat understandable given space limitations. I look forward digging in there. Thanks!

/Jeff
Old 11-30-2020, 10:11 PM   #67

Nice job on the pic review. Very thorough. I’ll keep this in mind when my 2513s comes in. I’m with you on the wiring mess. That would drive me crazy too. I’m the guy that re-wired his shop because it looked bad. My son says, “nice job, but you do realize the new drywall is going to cover that up”.
1940 Chevy Special Deluxe
1946 Aeronca 7AC Champion
rvflyer57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 04:46 PM   #68

The 2608BS we ordered in Oct (and subsequently cancelled) just landed on the dealer's lot. If anyone is interested in a new arrival, the dealer is Wana RV. They are very good to work with and fair on their pricing. They just posted pics. We are on schedule to pick up our 2513S in April and can't wait.
1940 Chevy Special Deluxe
1946 Aeronca 7AC Champion
rvflyer57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 01:31 AM   #69

Anyone Using '21 F-150 as their tow vehicle for '21 2608BS?

TL;DR - new to rv-ing, looking to get '21 2608Bs towed by '21 F-150 XLT 4x4 – question is can the newer model F-150 handle the rig just fine or should I really be looking at 3/4 ton vehicle?

Hi folks! New to the forum and to the world of travel-trailering (is that a proper use of terminology?).

I'm looking to do some full-time traveling this spring and summer with my wife and two little ones (4 months and 3 years) and after doing a bit of desktop research and touring local dealers, we really liked the 2021 2608BS for our needs.

I am looking to pair the 2608BS with a 2021 F-150 XLT 4x4 (w/max tow package but NOT adding the payload package since I want to be able to get the 302A High package and the extra payload upgrade isn't available with that package) and was a little concerned about how suitable the F-150 would be in pulling a rig of this size and weight.

I would get a weight distribution hitch system (i.e. Equal-i-zer) but I know that doesn't directly increase the truck's payload capacity, which is what I am most interested in knowing if others have run into any issues with their F-150.

Anyhoo, thanks in advance for having me here and entertaining my question. I'm excited to get my family on the road and create lasting memories!
Kubo2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 02:45 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubo2021 View Post
TL;DR - new to rv-ing, looking to get '21 2608Bs towed by '21 F-150 XLT 4x4 – question is can the newer model F-150 handle the rig just fine or should I really be looking at 3/4 ton vehicle?

Hi folks! New to the forum and to the world of travel-trailering (is that a proper use of terminology?).

I'm looking to do some full-time traveling this spring and summer with my wife and two little ones (4 months and 3 years) and after doing a bit of desktop research and touring local dealers, we really liked the 2021 2608BS for our needs.

I am looking to pair the 2608BS with a 2021 F-150 XLT 4x4 (w/max tow package but NOT adding the payload package since I want to be able to get the 302A High package and the extra payload upgrade isn't available with that package) and was a little concerned about how suitable the F-150 would be in pulling a rig of this size and weight.

I would get a weight distribution hitch system (i.e. Equal-i-zer) but I know that doesn't directly increase the truck's payload capacity, which is what I am most interested in knowing if others have run into any issues with their F-150.

Anyhoo, thanks in advance for having me here and entertaining my question. I'm excited to get my family on the road and create lasting memories!

I dunno... I just got one and it seemed like all my F-250 could handle. I brought it home on a standard hitch, with a little sway, just got my equalizer on amazon installing that soon.

My dealer said yes to the F-150 but the equalizer would be mandatory. I still have my doubts, my F-250 sure knew it was back there,

Maybe someone with more direct experience will chime in.
Old 01-21-2021, 04:52 AM   #71
Site Team

Quote:

you'd be better off getting the HDPP to pull that TT.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 07:49 AM   #72

Quote:

The 2608 loaded with all your stuff is going to push 7500 lbs, plus the crap in the back of your truck and people weight. If I were staying local and fairly level, not crossing mountains, I might go with a 1/2 ton. If I am traveling distances and putting little ones in there, I would get a 3/4 ton truck but that is just my opinion.
Beer disposal expert.
dale1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 08:25 AM   #73

It will do it but it’s not going to be enjoyable. You do not mention if you’re looking at an eco boost. If not, I would definitely say that truck is not up to the task. I previously towed a Nash 26X (same floor plan length and weight as 2608bs) with an F150 with the eco boost. Max tow package and a 4th leaf spring to mitigate the extra payload. It wasn’t fun in windy conditions. It pulled fine but after 4 years of towing it I had multiple instances of plug, boot coil failure and lost my front main seal. In short my long distance towing was literally killing it. My F250 diesel has been the most relaxing and enjoyable towing experience in 25 years of rv’ing. As already stated, if your only going on short trips on flat land it should be ok. But why limit yourself. That’s the point of rv’ing is going anywhere you want.
Roaminaround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 10:23 AM   #74

TL;DR answer: I'm looking at the F-150 Crew Powerboost to replace my 2007 Toy Tundra CrewMax 5.7 that I've used to pull my prior 32' Keystone up and down the eastern seaboard and throughout New England. I expect that I'm making a slight tradeoff for my part-time camping towing for the full-time vehicle, just as I've done with the Toy.

Welcome! I am by far not a professional long-haul driver, however I have a CDL and have driven enough truck & trailer to be comfortable in my experiences. I also am not crossing the Rocky Mtns. When I bought my Tundra we were hauling a 25' ultralight hybrid trailer and I had a small WD hitch and separate sway arm. I inspect my trailer & brakes routinely through each season, drive reasonable speeds, maintain alertness to the traffic ahead and rarely drive more than an 8 hour day - 6 is my most comfortable.

While there is a very real safety envelop to consider and educate yourself when towing (eg weights, length, inside trailer weight distribution, sway) be aware that outside of that, towing ability has a lot to do with personal comfort. Some want a truck that will tow 10k# at 1800 RPM at 70MPH with a single hand slapped over the top of the steering wheel and others have different comfort levels. Normal route terrain is also very important to consider - flat terrain, no wind or aggressive elevation changes on mountainous slopes. If you are stressed and 'white-knuckling' the steering wheel, that's no fun at all.

Buying the 32' keystone with 2 kids and my wife's stuff caused me concern using the Tundra and use of scales and appropriate weight management combined with an upgraded WD hitch (to counter the car-like soft rear suspension) made towing very reasonable. The larger trailer pulled and tracked far nicer than the ultralight. The gear shifts were more noticeable in the rolling hills of down-east Maine and in PA but certainly not hazardous. And I wasn't the slowest truck on the road blocking the truck lane.

Now that the kids are out of the house we didn't need the quad-bunk unit, I narrowed my wife's hunt down to a certain size and weight for the express purposes of staying within the 1/2 ton models with their tow packages. We both really loved this floor-plan.

Will a diesel 3/4 or 1 ton truck make this trailer a breeze to tow? For sure and if you are planning routine trips with 4k+ elevation changes or aggressive grades then I would personally be looking at those types of vehicles for my life.

Do you have a friend that can get you a trailer to test with before you buy the new truck? A landscaping trailer with a tractor on it pulled for 100 miles will tell you a lot around your comfort, bounce, how the truck shifts, handles sway and turns, etc. Even a u-haul car hauler (the ones where the car is entirely on the trailer) with a car on it will do the job probably $100 for the day; a worthwhile test.

/Jeff

Quote:

Old 01-21-2021, 01:24 PM   #75
Enjoying Life

Quote:

I had a 2016 2608WS that I pulled with a 06 Durango( basically a 1/2 ton P/U), payload spec of 1910 and equalizer hitch. The Durango pulled it fine on trips to Florida, Indiana and other shorter trips. However, you always knew it was back there and at the end of the day we were very tired. Weighing at a CAT scale showed we were within our specs but just barely.
We replaced the 2608WS with a 2019 2608BSD. On the first trip we knew that it was time to make the ride more enjoyable. We now have a 2019 F250 Super Cab 4x4 and it pulls it like it weighs nothing. The trip is more enjoyable and we are not tired at the end of the day.
So, speaking from experience, get the 3/4 ton and enjoy the trip.

2006 Durango HEMI

TeachTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 10:53 PM   #76

How do you like the bike rack?
Dulcimer56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 11:29 PM   #77
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcimer56 View Post
It's recommended that you quote the specific member's post you're asking about or mention their username. Especially in a thread that has 76 posts.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 08:05 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcimer56 View Post
We ordered the tongue-mounted rack on ours..love it! Just you would not want to keep bikes mounted during camping trip as it would hinder your view out the front window.
Gottaluvlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 08:22 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmarshall911 View Post
Certainly an odd location but somewhat understandable given space limitations. I look forward digging in there. Thanks!

/Jeff
Let us know what ideas you come up eith moving sub-woofer out of bathroom cabinet! Waste of bathtoom storsge space...And serves no purpose all closed up anyway.
Gottaluvlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 06:07 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottaluvlife View Post
Congrats! You will love it!! Front window is nice to have...just be aware with sun coming in, it does get hot. We use portable usb fan to keep air circulating & close shades during hottest part of day. Also, hubby built shelf organizer in the huge bedroom closet. Love it!! (See pic)
The wifi extender allows you to connect privately when wifi is available at your camping location. What we really needed was a cell dignal booster, so we ended up getting the weboost for RV.
Enjoy!! Post pics!!
Question for you. How did you mount your antenna's for the WeBoost RV Cellbooster? Did you go the more permanent route? Looking into one as well. Have the same trailer.
prairieflatlander is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, rockwood