Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2015, 10:53 AM   #1

2104 Cable TV hook-up

First time with using the cable tv hook-up and instructions for the TV and the trailer are very generic. The antenna set up worked fine while camping last week. I hooked up the cable from the park to the trailer, did a Auto-Search, and found no channels. Inside the trailer, the tv cable goes to a dual cable connector. It is attached to the bottom "TV" connector and the power switch next to it is on. (I tried it in the off position - no help). The upper cable connector says "Aux/Sat" and that was no help. I tried both connections outside to no avail. I know I'm missing something...... HELP!

Joe R
Kelso, WA
jdhreiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 11:38 AM   #2

See this thread.....

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ion-94236.html
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 11:42 AM   #3
AKA: 'tiredTeacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhreiss View Post
I hooked up the cable from the park to the trailer, did a Auto-Search, and found no channels.
Did you pull up the TV's menu and change the auto search from "Air" to "Cable"? Also, while using cable, the antenna booster MUST be off. (What I think you called a "power switch.")

Teach
2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows.
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 07:52 PM   #4

The booster issue solved it after I went through which connector to use outside and inside (sat vs cable). Just in time for the games too. Thanks, Teach!

Joe R
jdhreiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 11:53 AM   #5

This is a little off topic, but by using my Dish home receiver. if I hook the receiver's second TV output to the booster switch plate, it allows the bedroom TV to be the Dish, second TV on the channel assigned-21 in my case. I'm guessing this might be true for the outside TV antenna. I don't use it as the bedroom TV that can be positioned there, is wider than the opening.
robertew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 07:51 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhreiss View Post
First time with using the cable tv hook-up and instructions for the TV and the trailer are very generic. The antenna set up worked fine while camping last week. I hooked up the cable from the park to the trailer, did a Auto-Search, and found no channels. Inside the trailer, the tv cable goes to a dual cable connector. It is attached to the bottom "TV" connector and the power switch next to it is on. (I tried it in the off position - no help). The upper cable connector says "Aux/Sat" and that was no help. I tried both connections outside to no avail. I know I'm missing something...... HELP!

Joe R
Kelso, WA
we have a flagstaff 21frbs and the similarities may help -- on the outside dual coax box, it is labeled "cable/sat" -- the input from the park system must be attached to the connector under the "cable" part of the label; if using a sat antenna, it must be connected only to the connector beneath the "sat" part of the label -- inside the entertainment console cabinet, the tv must be connected to the coax jack marked "tv", while the top of the duplex marked "aux/sat" is to be used only for the output of a satellite receiver box -- with connections made, make sure the off-the-air antenna amplifier (button on the cabinet duplex) is off, no light lit), then run the auto search with "cable" selected -- when "auto-search" is then selected, check to see if multiple types of cable systems are under cable/air selector -- if so, select "auto" for type of cable and then start search -- is how ours is configured -- best of best luck! (and yes, generics are for the birds!)
don1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags