Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2016, 11:36 PM   #1
Mountaineer72

2104s Drawer under sink

Has anyone modified the drawer under the kitchen sink on the Mini Lite 2104s?
It is very deep and unwieldy. I would actually prefer two drawers that would provide a stronger base for flatware and kitchen utensils.
Any suggestions?
We love the trailer except for this detail.
Thanks!
Mountaineer72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 08:32 PM   #2

I just bought a 2104s. Will pick it up tomorrow. Are you still pleased with this camper?
fosterclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 10:57 PM   #3
Mountaineer72

Yes. We really enjoy our camper. We have owned everything from a fifth wheel to an Airstream. We love this floor plan and the compact size.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
2015 2104s Mini Lite
2015 Silverado
Old 06-19-2016, 11:01 PM   #4
Mountaineer72

And I solved the drawer problem. My flatware and utensils are now in the drawers by dinette. I use dividers so the flatware actually stands up, much better use of space. Drawer under sink now contains lighter weight items like dish towels, plastic storage bags and paper towels. Problem solved!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
2015 2104s Mini Lite
2015 Silverado
Old 06-20-2016, 05:37 AM   #5

Do you have access to the refrigerator when your slide is in? I do think I will use the big drawer in the kitchen area for towels, etc also. Thank you for the information. Glad to hear there is a happy 2104s owner. I'm so excited to get our new camper. I have looked for this model since last year but was never able to find one near us until now.
Old 06-20-2016, 06:07 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fosterclan View Post
Do you have access to the refrigerator when your slide is in? I do think I will use the big drawer in the kitchen area for towels, etc also. Thank you for the information. Glad to hear there is a happy 2104s owner. I'm so excited to get our new camper. I have looked for this model since last year but was never able to find one near us until now.
I just traded one in a week or so ago. We had ours for about 2 1/2 years and never had any problems with it, not major ones anyway. It was perfect for two of us, but we occasionally slept 3 - 4 with no real problems. The only real downside to it was utter lack of counter space, but it was doable.

You CAN get into the refrigerator, but just barely. Enough to reach in and get something out of the door like a drink. Same for the bathroom. The door will open a foot or so, but not all the way. We could slip in but, if you're upwards of 200+ lbs, you're not getting in there.

Overall, we were very happy with ours.
Old 06-20-2016, 06:15 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer72 View Post
Has anyone modified the drawer under the kitchen sink on the Mini Lite 2104s?
It is very deep and unwieldy. I would actually prefer two drawers that would provide a stronger base for flatware and kitchen utensils.
Any suggestions?
We love the trailer except for this detail.
Thanks!
We put in a H/D bottom and made the Deep drawer a" double" by adding rails on the inside for a Sliding Silverware tray! Youroo!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4631.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	350.5 KB
ID:	111636   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4630.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	349.8 KB
ID:	111637  
Old 06-20-2016, 07:14 AM   #8

Greatly appreciate the info. I'm excited to have this unit. This is going to be the perfect fit for just the two of us and our dogs. Glad to hear there are others who liked this unit.
Old 06-20-2016, 07:06 PM   #9

So few more questions for you prior owners of the 2104s. Where do I find the water filter?? And where is the hot water bypass. Only two things I can't figure out. And don't want to take a panel off til I know for sure. I have to know everything right off. LOL The help is appreciated!
]
Old 06-20-2016, 07:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by fosterclan View Post
So few more questions for you prior owners of the 2104s. Where do I find the water filter?? And where is the hot water bypass. Only two things I can't figure out. And don't want to take a panel off til I know for sure. I have to know everything right off. LOL The help is appreciated!
]
Water filter is on the forward wall drivers side. This is also where you'll find the controller for the slide out. Little black box with wires coming out of it. Your water heater bypass is on the water heater. Unless they've changed things up since 2014, it's a three valve system. There's a divider panel screwed to the floor in the same storage bay as the filter. I never had to unscrew mine to reach the valves, just bend it back a little.
Old 06-21-2016, 11:33 AM   #11

2104s Water Filter/Hot water Heater

Thanks for all the help. I did locate both my Water Filter and the Hot Water Heater/bypass valves in the two doors below my Fridge and Pantry. Very easy access and I'm happy to see that winterizing this unit will be easy. Now to get it out camping.
Old 06-21-2016, 12:36 PM   #12

I guess they did move them, lol. Good deal.

Tags