Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-06-2017, 01:09 AM   #1

2104S or 2109S

I am trying to figure out which of these I should get. I like the counter space and storage in the 2109S but I love the dinette slide in the 2104S. Any help with pros and cons of each would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
mmouille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 06:18 AM   #2

We love our 21FBRS (same as the 2109S). Our previous camper was a 625D pop up, and the dinette in the slide was marginally useful. We haven’t used the table that came with the camper, but instead use wooden folding snack tables. Gives us lots more flexibility and space. They store behind the sofa next to the provided folding table.
Past: 2018 Flagstaff MicroLite 21FBRS
Past: 2005 Flagstaff Classic 625D
TV: 2016 Ford F-150 3.5 EcoBoost
marinerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 09:08 AM   #3

my wife and I were at the same crossroad, 2109s or 2104s.we chose the 2109s because the kitchen counter is larger and we ordered the Murphy bed with dinette option.Now we have a sofa and dinette to hang out, also love the door in the back only model that has this.Which ever one you choose I'm sure it will be the right one.Also we ordered the slide-topper, stainless steel appliance package,wood look floor and maple cabinets, real sharp. good luck.
Jaz 1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 11:19 AM   #4

For us, it was the roominess of the 2104s when the slide is out that made is chose the 2104 over the 2109. Granted, you give up some in counter space, but figure with the movable dinette table, it can be used as extra counter space when needed.

Good luck with whichever you go with!!
ColoRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 12:51 PM   #5
Now Camping Year-Round!!

We were at one time trying to choose between these 2 models. One factor to consider is that the 2109S fridge and bathroom are fully accessible while stopping on the way to your destination. The 2104S you can only open the fridge a tiny bit, maybe something like a water bottle might be obtained, but you cannot open the fridge without the slide out. Same for the bathroom, skinny mini could probably get in with slide in, but the door definitely cannot open wide.

2020 RW Signature 8291RK 5er (...May 2021) & 2017 Dodge Ram Laramie 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel 4X4
Still missing my beautiful Columbus2013 Columbus 325RL__2019 Rockwood 2511S__2017 Rockwood ML 2507S__Rockwood Roo 21RS__2009 Wildcat 29RLBS
WannaBcamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 03:28 PM   #6

Wannabecamping is correct about limited access to the bathroom and fridge, but don’t let that be the deciding factor. We have always been able to open the slide out a few inches to have plenty of access to bathroom and fridge when traveling.
okiecowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 02:06 PM   #7

One of the main reasons we went with the 2109s was because it did not have a dinette.
We prefer the flexibility and comfort of the sofa/folding table combination over a dinette and it is hard to find a trailer without one.
Like many others we replaced the heavy factory supplied table with a smaller & lighter folding table. Ours is made by Sudden Solutions and we purchased it at our local BiMart store.
BruceM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 12:06 PM   #8

Do you happen to have any pictures of the dinette under the sofa?
mmouille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 06:27 PM   #9

MMouille, our 2104 only has a sofa under the Murphy bed. The dinette is in the slide.
okiecowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 11:26 PM   #10

We went with the 2104S, because we wanted the dinette, so up to four can eat around the table. We've found [actually realized before we bought] that counter space would be an issue. We found a wooden snack table on sale, which gives us a horizontal place to put things when needed.
SmilinBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 08:03 PM   #11

Just curious for those of you that went for the 2104S, was the counter top extension available as an option? It seems like it would go.
JaysFan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 08:30 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysFan64 View Post
Just curious for those of you that went for the 2104S, was the counter top extension available as an option? It seems like it would go.
It wasn't on mine (it was a 2014), but I added an aftermarket one. The roominess was the major selling point over the 2109S, the only downside was the counter space but it's a minor thing. If they'd have had the Murphy option with the 2104S then I would have done it hands down. Best of both worlds for space (minus counters...).
Old 12-09-2017, 09:39 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by raspivey View Post
It wasn't on mine (it was a 2014), but I added an aftermarket one. The roominess was the major selling point over the 2109S, the only downside was the counter space but it's a minor thing. If they'd have had the Murphy option with the 2104S then I would have done it hands down. Best of both worlds for space (minus counters...).
Same experience here with the Flagstaff version 21DS. I liked the 2109S as well, but the 2104S seemed so much bigger, and I did not see any 2109s' with the Murphy bed option. The glass top stove can be used as counter space too. I will not be cooking inside that often, as will be using the outdoor stove.
Old 12-09-2017, 09:54 AM   #14

In general, would the dealer install a counter top extension, even if it doesn't show as an option on the floorplan? I realize it's not a huge deal but that extra space would be perfect for our little Keurig

Also, is there any difference in clearance between the 2109S and 2104S? Although we plan to travel, we would also use a trailer to boondock on our off grid acreage and the driveway has a pretty big dip.

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-09-2017, 10:09 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysFan64 View Post
In general, would the dealer install a counter top extension, even if it doesn't show as an option on the floorplan? I realize it's not a huge deal but that extra space would be perfect for our little Keurig

Also, is there any difference in clearance between the 2109S and 2104S? Although we plan to travel, we would also use a trailer to boondock on our off grid acreage and the driveway has a pretty big dip.

Thanks in advance!
Depends upon your dealer. Would be a "custom" mod, but fairly simple to do.

Due to the much larger slide mechanism on the 2104S, it is mounted higher on the frame resulting in more ground clearance. Which is why it has a 3 step stairs vs. a 2 step stair on the 2109S. The whole unit is taller.
Go with the 2104S! It would be difficult to bottom out. Go check them out at the dealer.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:32 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportbikenut View Post
Depends upon your dealer. Would be a "custom" mod, but fairly simple to do.

Due to the much larger slide mechanism on the 2104S, it is mounted higher on the frame resulting in more ground clearance. Which is why it has a 3 step stairs vs. a 2 step stair on the 2109S. The whole unit is taller.
Go with the 2104S! It would be difficult to bottom out. Go check them out at the dealer.
Thanks for the intel. The 2104S certainly ticks off a lot of our boxes. There are a couple RV shows soon up here and we look forward to seeing one in person.
Old 12-09-2017, 11:15 AM   #17

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-43421-A...rtop+extension

I got this for my 2104S, it fit's perfectly on the edge of the counter and really adds some much needed space.

It was a little tricky to install, there's no solid structure on the wall for the folding support bracket to mount to. I fabricated some bracing from a piece of 1X4 to reinforce the area. It's reasonably strong, but I'd never put anything heavy or hot it, this is strictly for lightweight items. It doesn't really match the color scheme, looks like I'll be painting the shelf a nice neutral black in the near future.
I really like the roominess provided by the nice, deep slide on the 2104S, especially with the Murphy bed. The fridge isn't accessible with the slide closed, but I can juuuuust barely squeeze my typical American made carcass into the bathroom.
Have fun either way!
DavidBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 12:11 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBo View Post

I got this for my 2104S, it fit's perfectly on the edge of the counter and really adds some much needed space.

It was a little tricky to install, there's no solid structure on the wall for the folding support bracket to mount to. I fabricated some bracing from a piece of 1X4 to reinforce the area. It's reasonably strong, but I'd never put anything heavy or hot it, this is strictly for lightweight items. It doesn't really match the color scheme, looks like I'll be painting the shelf a nice neutral black in the near future.

I really like the roominess provided by the nice, deep slide on the 2104S, especially with the Murphy bed. The fridge isn't accessible with the slide closed, but I can juuuuust barely squeeze my typical American made carcass into the bathroom.

Have fun either way!

That’s exactly the same extension I used on mine. All I ever used it for was the coffee maker. If you don’t just have to have it flush, it mounts without modding anything.
Old 12-09-2017, 12:38 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBo View Post

Have fun either way!
Nicely done and thanks for sharing. A bit of a head scratcher why FR does not make this an option on a model that can clearly benefit from it but there it is on the 2109S.

Happen to have a pic from the bottom?
Old 12-09-2017, 12:43 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by raspivey View Post
That’s exactly the same extension I used on mine. All I ever used it for was the coffee maker. If you don’t just have to have it flush, it mounts without modding anything.
So you mounted yours lower on the side of the cabinet? Would you have a pic of your install? Thanks

Tags
210, 2109s