Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2018, 05:36 PM   #1

2104S or 2304KS?

I used to be the proud owner of a 2017 Rockwood 2104S. The DW and I really enjoyed this trailer before some ne're-do-wells decided they were more deserving of it than we were, but that's the subject of a whole other depressing thread.
On to better things. Once the insurance company is finally convinced that we didn't steal our own trailer and parts with some of their precious funds, we will be acquiring our new home away from home.
Of course I've already done some research, and as much as I enjoyed our 2104S both the DW and I wouldn't mind a bit more space. I do have one hard limitation, which is the trailer has to fit in my driveway without blocking the sidewalk. The last unit had a bit of room to spare, but not much. I remeasured my driveway and found that I can just squeeze in a 2304KS. It's similar in specs to what we had before but is a couple of feet longer and the slide layout is different.
After watching a few YouTube videos, that slide layout is concerning. The 2104S has the dinette in a really deep slide that adds a lot of interior space overall. The 2304KS has the kitchen in a shallower slide, and in the videos the main floor space appears pretty cramped. Videos are deceiving so I'll have to see one in person before passing judgement of course. Where the 2304 does win is with the bathroom, which is a definite step up especially in the storage department. It seems that is where most of the additional length went.
I'll have to make a 2 hour drive to get a side by side comparison of the two units, no doubt worth the trip but I was wondering, does anyone have much experience with the 2300 series of Mini Lites and what is your opinion of the interior space? I've always found great information on this forum so I thought I'd send this up and see who salutes.
Thanks as always for any input.
DavidBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 06:15 PM   #2

I spent six months researching different trailers that were shorter than 25 feet.
I ended up selecting the 2304 KS based on both the videos and in-person inspection of the trailer. One of my biggest problems was locating one nearby. I found only three 2018's with the new front in the entire state of California and just two in nearby Arizona this past April!
Here are some of the features which, in my opinion, make it one of the best floor plans available for a trailer that is less than 24 feet.

You commented that the floor plan may be cramped. While the kitchen area is not spacious, the large area in front of the couch clearly makes up for that. You can sit comfortably on the couch (rather than sitting upright at the table seating). Feels like you are in another "room."

The second feature, which is a big plus in my opinion, is the size and configuration of the corner shower. It really is a shower....not tiny. My wife always used to take showers at buildings in the campsites, but she now feels more than comfortable taking a shower/washing her hair in the trailer.

I personally would not buy another trailer of this length that did not have a Murphy bed which converts easily to a couch. A Murphy bed, because it is pushed up and into the wall, adds at least 4 feet internally to the trailer space available for living "during the day." By the way there are just the two of us.
Nathan 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 07:24 PM   #3

Very true, the Murphy bed seals the deal without a doubt. When I was first shopping for my original trailer a local dealer had a 2104S, but it didn't have the disappearing bed. He tried his best, but no sale. Being able to fold the bed out of the way during the day and having a couch instead is a no-brainer.

Six months?? Pretty hardcore, I only spent 3 months. I'm impressed!
Old 06-03-2018, 10:39 PM   #4

When we purchased our 2304KS last year we narrowed our choice down to one of these two. Ultimately what drove our choice of the 2304KS was:

* so much more storage in the 2304KS than the 2104S. We liked the big open space in the 2104S but when we saw how little storage it had decided we needed more.
* the larger bathroom in the 2304KS was also a big factor in our choice. As stated above we use the shower a lot more than we ever did in any other RV we've owned.
* trailer weights are close to the same so it wasn't a factor.

We wish it was easier to get to the refrigerator and bathroom when the slide is in but we make do. The Murphy bed that can stay made was a necessity for us. Many brands had 2 or 3 piece beds which couldn't stay made and ruled them out immediately. We can put the bed up or down in a minute or two.
dnmatt7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 11:01 PM   #5
Jack's Mini 2304ks

I’ve had my 2304ks for almost two years and concur with all the nice comments above, I have no complaints. It’s very roomy for two and a small dog, I would not recommend more occupants. For the trailer size 23.5, the bathroom, living space and amount of counter space cannot be beat. It’s a perfect couples trailer.
jjmffca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 12:01 AM   #6

I agree with all the above also. Just got back today from a weekend outing and really love this trailer. Lots of storage inside and out. Not had any issues so far.
Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:41 AM   #7

We bought our 2018 2304ks in march,we've been on 2 trips so far and love the roominess of the camper. The storage and Murphy bed are very nice a hybrid living and bedroom area,great bath and awning with grill and table.It is truly a great couple's coach.Happy Trails!
Jaz 1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 07:39 PM   #8

Well, we just got back from taking a look at a 2304KS. I personally liked the extra couple of feet compared to my recently purloined 2104S, but the DW wasn't digging the overall narrowness due to the shallow kitchen slide. I'll have to admit the deep slide of my old trailer really opened things up, especially with the bed stowed. The 2304's bathroom and overall storage was much better, but the Mrs. wasn't sold. Looks like another 2104S is on deck, which is fine with me because I miss my "cute little trailer".
Thanks for all the great advice.
Old 06-13-2018, 08:06 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBo View Post
Well, we just got back from taking a look at a 2304KS. I personally liked the extra couple of feet compared to my recently purloined 2104S, but the DW wasn't digging the overall narrowness due to the shallow kitchen slide. I'll have to admit the deep slide of my old trailer really opened things up, especially with the bed stowed. The 2304's bathroom and overall storage was much better, but the Mrs. wasn't sold. Looks like another 2104S is on deck, which is fine with me because I miss my "cute little trailer".
Thanks for all the great advice.
We have an early 2018 2104s without front window. Agree that the bathroom in the 2304ks is larger but the open floor space with deep slide of the 2104s is where we spend most of our time. We also took advantage of the bigger slide to switch out the dinette for a loveseat recliner see link here:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...cs-153804.html

I don’t think there is a perfect TT. Someone on this site said if you can find 80% of what you’re looking for, that’s good.
2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid
Tigger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 08:46 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger1 View Post
We have an early 2018 2104s without front window. Agree that the bathroom in the 2304ks is larger but the open floor space with deep slide of the 2104s is where we spend most of our time. We also took advantage of the bigger slide to switch out the dinette for a loveseat recliner see link here:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...cs-153804.html

I don’t think there is a perfect TT. Someone on this site said if you can find 80% of what you’re looking for, that’s good.
Oh I've seen that thread before alright, and I reeeeeallly like that mod. I'd probably end up asleep in one of those loungers before I ever made it to the bed. The only thing holding me back is the loss of the underseat storage. Every cubic inch in that thing is precious, and if we travel with the cat (Mikki the spoiled little rescue beast), removing a drawer gives him his own little hiding spot. We even put his litter box back there, nice and out of the way.

Man those chairs do look comfy though, beautiful work BTW.

Tags
210, 2304