Old 02-15-2020, 02:06 AM   #1

2109S Bed Replacement/Enhancement

I am tall enough that the only comfortable way I can sleep in this bed is diagonally. The DW, when she's with me, doesn't fit then (normal side by side ).

I thought I saw mods somebody did B4, but couldn't locate it. I guess wrong search criteria.

Anyone have any leads/ideas.

Thanks

GodsCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 11:34 AM   #2
Kasual Kamper

Is this a Murphy or standard bed? Depending on the year, I believe a standard length mattress would interfere with the slide closing. There are mattresses that fold however. Just search "folding mattress".

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...uy-188136.html

JayArras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 12:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodsCountry View Post
I am tall enough that the only comfortable way I can sleep in this bed is diagonally. The DW, when she's with me, doesn't fit then (normal side by side ).

I thought I saw mods somebody did B4, but couldn't locate it. I guess wrong search criteria.

Anyone have any leads/ideas.

Thanks

1. Buy / cut a piece of foam the thickness of the mattress and place it between the mattress and the headboard to extend the length of the mattress to 80". You can remove it if you don't need it or when it gets in the way.

2. Order a custom mattress, you may be surprised how affordable they can be. We upgraded our RV King recently to a custom made foam mattress with 3" pillow top for US $600, very happy with the purchase.
Old 02-15-2020, 03:42 PM   #4

I also don't like my feet hanging off the end of the bed. I bought a 6" x 6" x 6 ft piece of foam from The Foam Factory. I don't remember the density I bought, though. I took a piece of 3/4" plywood the width of the bed and about 30" tall. I cut the end corners round. I secured this to the bed platform using two hinges. When extended, it overhangs the bed platform by 6". I made the plywood tall so if someone does sit on the end of the bed it would have support.
When I set up camp, I lift up the mattress and flip the board over. Grab the piece of foam that is lying on the bed and insert it there. I then grab the sheets and stretch over the foam. Reverse the procedure to break camp. I sleep on the drivers side and it is a tight squeeze for your legs around the extension and the slide out. I usually just step over the corner.
I also added a full queen size memory foam topper that made wonders to the bed.
Note that all the above mods will add weight to bed platform for under bed storage access.

Tags
210, 2109s, bed, replacement