Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2021, 11:49 PM   #1

2109s water tank location-tongue weight

Hi all does anyone have pre and post tongue weights for full and empty water tank? Looks like the tank is over and just forward of front axles
I’m towing with a ram 1500 and don’t have much wiggle room on trucks load carrying capacity. Loaded tongue weight was 670 with empty tanks and max I can manage on the tongue is 760-780
We are doing our 1st shakedown trip next weekend and state park says we need to take our own water but won’t get a chance to fill and do another tongue weight test before we go

Thanks
AussieSlades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 05:43 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieSlades View Post
Hi all does anyone have pre and post tongue weights for full and empty water tank? Looks like the tank is over and just forward of front axles
I’m towing with a ram 1500 and don’t have much wiggle room on trucks load carrying capacity. Loaded tongue weight was 670 with empty tanks and max I can manage on the tongue is 760-780
We are doing our 1st shakedown trip next weekend and state park says we need to take our own water but won’t get a chance to fill and do another tongue weight test before we go

Thanks
Are you using a weight distributing hitch? If so, the hitch will spread the tongue weight between the trailer and vehicle axles.
18LT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 12:27 PM   #3

Yep we have the WDH. I’ve read that we might get 10 percent transfer from tongue to trailer axles based on what other people measured at the scales. Was just interested in how much of the weight went to trailer axles and how much went to tongue. Will do it anyway as not towing far and will re measure with tongue scales once we get there for future reference. Thanks [emoji120]
Old 03-28-2021, 07:06 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieSlades View Post

Thanks

For anyone interested I filled my tank and just went as was only an hour away from home. Measured tongue weight when we got to site. It was 900 pounds. I did add a couple of lightweight camp chairs and table to storage area say 50 pounds. Water added around 200 pounds to load on tongue so approximately half the weight of the 50 gallon tank.

Tags
210, 2109s, cat, location, tank, tongue weight, water, water tank, weight