Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2021, 10:37 AM   #341
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: South Central Virginia
Posts: 774
Made it to sister’s house in MA for mooch-docking.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	629BCA08-A48A-44BF-8F67-92B821ACBF91.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	407.8 KB
ID:	263963  
WanderMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 10:45 AM   #342
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderMore View Post
We’re on our way north to Massachusetts, New Hampshire & Maine to visit family and friends … again! First Harvest Hosts stop is Valley View Farm in Delaplane, VA.

We were told we’re the only campers for the evening.

We bought some sodas, mead, cider, and sweet dill garlic pickles from the farm stand. The place is very peaceful. A view from the farm stand to where we are staying.
What do you do for your fresh water supply when staying at Harvest Hosts? Do they offer a place to fill up? I'm not comfortable travelling with much water in my tanks so that keeps me from wanting to try Harvest Hosts.
Dleighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 12:55 PM   #343
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: South Central Virginia
Posts: 774
We travel with about 2/3 fresh water + the 6 gallons in the water heater. That’s more than enough for 2 people to take care of washing dishes, flushing toilets, brushing teeth & taking care of personal hygiene over a 3 to 4 day trip. For drinking water and K-cup coffee we pick up a case of spring water.

Some Harvest Hosts do offer potable water but most don’t. Thus far we’ve not opted to top up at a Harvest Hosts but we do take on more water where we “mooch-dock” at friend’s and family locations.

To make this work we are aware of what we have for water and don’t use anywhere near what we would at home for the same tasks.

I would say that if the water issue is the only reason for not using Harvest Hosts then set up your rig like you’re going to boondock the next time you go to a full hookup site but don’t connect unless you absolutely need to. This will let you get a feel for it but with a safety net.

Once you’re comfortable with what your rig can do a whole new world will open up to you; not only Harvest Hosts but free federal lands, Boondockers Welcome, etc.
__________________
2021 Rockwood Mini Lite 2205S
2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty 6.7L Diesel
WanderMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 10:31 PM   #344
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 16
2205S Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderMore View Post
We travel with about 2/3 fresh water + the 6 gallons in the water heater. That’s more than enough for 2 people to take care of washing dishes, flushing toilets, brushing teeth & taking care of personal hygiene over a 3 to 4 day trip. For drinking water and K-cup coffee we pick up a case of spring water.

Some Harvest Hosts do offer potable water but most don’t. Thus far we’ve not opted to top up at a Harvest Hosts but we do take on more water where we “mooch-dock” at friend’s and family locations.

To make this work we are aware of what we have for water and don’t use anywhere near what we would at home for the same tasks.

I would say that if the water issue is the only reason for not using Harvest Hosts then set up your rig like you’re going to boondock the next time you go to a full hookup site but don’t connect unless you absolutely need to. This will let you get a feel for it but with a safety net.

Once you’re comfortable with what your rig can do a whole new world will open up to you; not only Harvest Hosts but free federal lands, Boondockers Welcome, etc.

Great advice, thanks. And thank you, 18LT, for your advice and information above.
Still no word from my dealer on the build. Good thing retired people aren’t in a hurry!
Richard Dietzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 07:31 PM   #345
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Dietzen View Post
Great advice, thanks. And thank you, 18LT, for your advice and information above.
Still no word from my dealer on the build. Good thing retired people aren’t in a hurry!
Gosh, thanks. I couldn't remember what I said (that's been happening a lot lately) so I had to go back and read it, just to make sure I knew what the heck we were discussing.
Keep checking your dealer's website to see if they post a vin. You can also pester your salesman, saying you need the vin ASAP because the bank needs it. Or your insurance company.
18LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 09:20 PM   #346
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18LT View Post
”Gosh, thanks.
Keep checking your dealer's website to see if they post a vin.”
The thought has occurred to me, so far no 2205S, but if it was posted, they probably would have sold it five times already!
Color me suspicious.
Richard Dietzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 09:38 AM   #347
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 274
I can understand that. But don't get too concerned about it.
Many dealers list customer orders as part of their online inventory, with a generic picture, sometimes with "sold" or "on order" captions. I think their strategy is that this practice generates phone calls and emails from prospective customers. Makes sense to me.
Your sales invoice should have an order number on it somewhere and dealers typically include an order number on their online inventory listings. Look up your model number 2205S on your dealer's website and look to see if your trailer's order number is on one of their inventory listings. That's how I learned of our trailer's VIN, as my dealer is one of those that includes customer orders as part of their inventory, and their system automatically updates website information on each trailer that's on order, either dealer stock or customer order.
You're on the short list when you learn the VIN.
18LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 09:54 PM   #348
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18LT View Post
I can understand that. But don't get too concerned about it.
Many dealers list customer orders as part of their online inventory, with a generic picture, sometimes with "sold" or "on order" captions. I think their strategy is that this practice generates phone calls and emails from prospective customers. Makes sense to me.
Your sales invoice should have an order number on it somewhere and dealers typically include an order number on their online inventory listings. Look up your model number 2205S on your dealer's website and look to see if your trailer's order number is on one of their inventory listings. That's how I learned of our trailer's VIN, as my dealer is one of those that includes customer orders as part of their inventory, and their system automatically updates website information on each trailer that's on order, either dealer stock or customer order.
You're on the short list when you learn the VIN.

Ordered my 2205S 4/19/21 at Razorback Camper Sales in Hot Springs AR, and it arrived there today, 10/11/21 with all the specified options! Yay!
You were prescient, and I was surprised to get the news it is in now, without VIN news previously. I didn’t bug them but called once a month. The handwritten invoice never had a VIN until it was typed up today.
They are honoring their April offer in spite of the price increases. This deal was recommended by a friend and I’ve had a good experience so far. They will do a pre-delivery inspection/correction tomorrow.
Richard Dietzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 11:48 PM   #349
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 274
Hey, that's great news!.
18LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 05:19 PM   #350
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 12
2205S now showing 634 lb hitch weight?

Bought 2205S in late Jan '21, received in August '21- specs show dry hitch weight of 530 lb.

Forest River site now showing 2205S dry hitch weight of 634 lb. That is a meaningful difference (+104 lbs or +20%).

Thoughts?

Andy
2021 Rockwood Mini Lite 2205S
2014 F150 SCREW Ecoboost 3.5L, Equalizer 1k/10k WDH, Timbren SES, Bilstein 4600, Continental Terraincontact H/T
aces8GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 07:21 PM   #351
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 274
The weights in the brochure are based on a trailer with "typical" equipment. It's not the weight of every trailer as every trailer is somewhat different.
Advertised trailer weight for the 2205S when we ordered ours last October was 5038 lbs (I think). Our trailer as delivered weighed 4891 lbs.
By the way, I noticed you have a Ecoboost F-150. Us too, A 2011 F-150 XLT crew cab, 145" wb, 3.5 Eco, 3.55 gears, 15,500 gross combined weight rating. Bought it in June 2015 with 135,000 miles. 185,000 miles on it now and still doing great. I installed a Mishimoto radiator this summer as this truck had a nasty habit of running high coolant temps in hills since we bought it. Pulling the higher profile 2205S mandated the radiator upgrade, which took care of the high coolant and trans temps.
18LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 08:49 AM   #352
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: South Central Virginia
Posts: 774
Checked my sticker this morning: 5148 pounds dry.
__________________
2021 Rockwood Mini Lite 2205S
2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty 6.7L Diesel
WanderMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 10:46 AM   #353
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 12
Anyone replaced the pass through locks on their 2205S yet? If so, what did you order? Happy with them?

(And BTW my wording on prior post on dry weight for the 2205S was poorly done. My point was the Forest River ** brochure ** has changed the weight from 530 lb to 634 lb - that is on their web site and in their brochure. Seemed strange they would change it by that much as the default weight - sure looks like the same trailer!)

Lastly, great weekend at Watson Mill Bridge State Park in eastern GA over the weekend - highly recommend, smaller (~20 sites), all sites very private, very well maintained facilities, excellent hiking trails and fishing.

Cheers!

Andy
2021 Rockwood Mini Lite 2205S
2014 F150 SCREW Ecoboost 3.5L, Equalizer 1k/10k WDH, Timbren SES, Bilstein 4600, Continental Terraincontact H/T
aces8GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 11:04 AM   #354
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 47
Just moved driver’s side lock to bottom position so I use my knee to push when locking up. Passenger side was already on bottom.
SteveFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 08:10 PM   #355
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Posts: 1
Wait time on new orders for 2022 2205s

Does anyone know the average wait for ordered 2205s in Arkansas?
Tamfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 06:36 AM   #356
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: South Central Virginia
Posts: 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamfitz View Post
Does anyone know the average wait for ordered 2205s in Arkansas?
We ordered ours around mid October of last year and picked it up mid March of this year.

However, we picked it up in Ohio and towed it home to Virginia. Saved on price and got a nice trip out of it.

All rigs are built in model batches so if you ordered at the end of one batch it may take a bit longer than had you been able to get the order in just prior to the start of a new batch for your model.

The other variable could be the availability of ‘things’ that go into your model. A shortage of AC units, stoves, refrigerators, toilets, etc. could add in delay times. Thanks COVID!
WanderMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 06:49 AM   #357
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by aces8GA View Post
Anyone replaced the pass through locks on their 2205S yet? If so, what did you order? Happy with them?

(And BTW my wording on prior post on dry weight for the 2205S was poorly done. My point was the Forest River ** brochure ** has changed the weight from 530 lb to 634 lb - that is on their web site and in their brochure. Seemed strange they would change it by that much as the default weight - sure looks like the same trailer!)

Lastly, great weekend at Watson Mill Bridge State Park in eastern GA over the weekend - highly recommend, smaller (~20 sites), all sites very private, very well maintained facilities, excellent hiking trails and fishing.

Cheers!

Andy
2021 Rockwood Mini Lite 2205S
2014 F150 SCREW Ecoboost 3.5L, Equalizer 1k/10k WDH, Timbren SES, Bilstein 4600, Continental Terraincontact H/T
I haven't replaced them but I did move them. Now both locks are on the top of the door with the key slot in the vertical position when locked, while the latches are on the bottoms and horizontal when latched. That works best for me and I can tell with a glance if I remembered to lock them.
I've had to lubricate the locks twice since last January. A drop or two of WD-40 and they're better than new.
18LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 07:03 AM   #358
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18LT View Post
I haven't replaced them but I did move them. Now both locks are on the top of the door with the key slot in the vertical position when locked, while the latches are on the bottoms and horizontal when latched. That works best for me and I can tell with a glance if I remembered to lock them.
I've had to lubricate the locks twice since last January. A drop or two of WD-40 and they're better than new.
Like idea of moving locks to be consistent in placement - will do next trip - thanks.
aces8GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 09:15 AM   #359
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: South Central Virginia
Posts: 774
Picked up a small dehumidifier for the 2205S.

ZIENNOQ Dehumidifiers for Home,up to 4500 Cubic Feet (480 sq ft)Portable Samll Dehumidifier with Ultra Quiet and Auto Shut Off ,78OZ Mini Dehumidifier ideal for Bedroom Bathroom wardrobe Closet RV

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09CYRG534...ing=UTF8&psc=1

It uses TEC devices instead of a compressor so it’s small, light weight, less expensive and less noisy. Seems to do well enough so far.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AFF32AF7-347F-486B-A6E4-87E4F7F0645A.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	251.8 KB
ID:	264583  
WanderMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 09:47 AM   #360
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamfitz View Post
Does anyone know the average wait for ordered 2205s in Arkansas?
We ordered late Jan 2021, trailer was ready for pick up early July 2021, we ended up waiting until Aug as dealer found propane line leak during their initial inspection and fixed the issue prior to picking up. So order-to-ready was ~ 6 months for us.
aces8GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:03 AM.