Old 03-13-2017, 12:40 PM   #1

2304DS Purchase questions

I'm new here and very close to purchasing a new Ultra Lite 2304DS here in So Cal. The top selling dealer in Nor Cal has a new unit is in stock and is offering a better price than a smaller dealer here in So Cal that has a similarly equipped one "on order". I don't mind paying a bit more to avoid the 300+ mile drive to pick up a new trailer as well as potential hassles getting warranty and service performed locally. Unfortunately the local dealer hasn't been able to provide a copy of the order or invoice that confirms exactly what they have coming in nor when it will arrive. Two weeks ago they just said "3 to 5 weeks" until it arrives but when asked again more recently was told "we won't know anything until it is built and the shipping company contacts us". Is this unusual or am I getting strung along so I don't buy elsewhere first? At what point should a dealer be able to provide detailed documentation and the ETA for an ordered trailer? Of course I have an offer letter/sales disclosure but that only details the total price and not installed options. Even the closer dealer is 100 miles from me so I am willing to give them a deposit over the phone but would like more concrete information first. Are they playing straight with me or will physically visiting the dealer be necessary to get some answers?

Thanks in advance for any advice or sharing your previous experience.

StaceyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 02:11 PM   #2
Site Team

IMHO, the SoCal dealer is stringing you along.

I'm betting that the NorCal dealer is Best RV. They don't have the best after-the-sale reputation. I also walked out on them, due to their rude attitude during negotiations.

As far as the SoCal dealer, what's their service reputation like? If you buy from the NorCal dealer, the SoCal dealer will probably refuse to do the warranty work.

We got so tired of West Coast dealers, their inflated prices and their arrogant attitudes, we drove to Chicago and back to get our new Rockwood.
We still saved over $4000 even after trip costs.
FR found us local dealers willing to do the warranty work.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 03:36 PM   #3

Close, but no cigar...

bikendan,

Not Best RV...but northwest in Hesperia. They are much smaller than the closer GiantRV but quoted a lower price and have the trailer "on order" already. Not sure about their service department other than it can't be very large. I was already told by GiantRV if we don't buy from them expect to be put in the back of the line for the service department. No subtlety there!

Chicago is a LONG trek to pick up a trailer. I bet you have some good stories from that experience.
StaceyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 03:52 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaceyR View Post
bikendan,

Not Best RV...but northwest in Hesperia. They are much smaller than the closer GiantRV but quoted a lower price and have the trailer "on order" already. Not sure about their service department other than it can't be very large. I was already told by GiantRV if we don't buy from them expect to be put in the back of the line for the service department. No subtlety there!

Chicago is a LONG trek to pick up a trailer. I bet you have some good stories from that experience.
We just made a camping trip out of the return leg.

Haven't heard many positive posts about Giant RV, on various RV forums.
I would really do some research on them before you buy from them.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 09:58 PM   #5

I just picked up my new 2304DS in NE Indiana after a drive of 650 miles and saved a bundle. Bought it from a well known dealer in Shipshewana (Wana RV). It was my money and I chose to get the best deal I could find and walked (drove) away happy.

2018 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2304DS, 10K Equal-i-zer Hitch
2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 Double Cab 4WD 5.7L iForce V8
FROG Member since March 2017
McRabbet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags