Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2017, 01:00 AM   #21

My control panel. Considering adding a on/off for my to be added LED underbelly light strip. But then that would require a lot of extra work running wires.

Nights Camped 2017 [63]
Nights Camped 2018 [27]
Nurek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 01:52 PM   #22

Thanks for the pics. Looks pretty tight in the area I was thinking about the inverter install.... Hmmmm.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
aeblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 02:01 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurek View Post
My control panel. Considering adding a on/off for my to be added LED underbelly light strip. But then that would require a lot of extra work running wires.

I added switches on my panel for step lights, scare light, fans for the refrigerator, an outlet that I added for my MXQ box for the tv a dimmer for my awning led strip and a switch to turn my electric water heater on.
Old 01-22-2017, 02:56 PM   #24

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1485340950.232136.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	128457
Old 01-22-2017, 08:29 PM   #25

Nurek, this might not work for you because of personal preference, but in my street side rear outside storage,I wanted a light also. I keep setup stuff n there like blocks ect. Running 12 volts to there for a light would have been a real pain so I just put up an LED battery powered push button light. Works great and has 2 levels of brightness. Maybe a LED strip light might work better in that long pass through.
Toddupton, would you be kind enough to tell me where you got that dimmer and specs? We love the LED awning light strip but sometimes it's just too bright. Jay
Jay2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 08:35 PM   #26

Just bought one from eBay and took it out of the case and installed. Only bad thing is you need the ground to run from the dimmer directly to the lights and that took a little work.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Manual-Dimme...oAAOSwZQRYg7ES
Old 01-22-2017, 09:17 PM   #27

Thanks a lot for the link. How hard is it to find the ground wire for the lights? Did they run it into the switch panel along with the other grounds that are behind the panel hooked together? Jay
Jay2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 12:12 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2504 View Post
Nurek, this might not work for you because of personal preference, but in my street side rear outside storage,I wanted a light also. I keep setup stuff n there like blocks ect. Running 12 volts to there for a light would have been a real pain so I just put up an LED battery powered push button light. Works great and has 2 levels of brightness. Maybe a LED strip light might work better in that long pass through.
Tapping into the existing power won't be a problem as it's readily accessible. You can see it's right there.

I was thinking about doing a light strip, but that meant I would only be able to connect and switch on one side. So if I put the switch on the right side and needed to get sth out of the left side, it would mean doing double the work by opening the right side to turn on and off. Just easier to do the independent sides.

I picked up 2 of these for $18.

Nights Camped 2017 [63]
Nights Camped 2018 [27]
Old 01-23-2017, 05:49 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2504 View Post
Thanks a lot for the link. How hard is it to find the ground wire for the lights? Did they run it into the switch panel along with the other grounds that are behind the panel hooked together? Jay
No it is not in the panel. It is in the front street baggage door.
Old 01-23-2017, 10:23 AM   #30

I posted this in another 2306 thread, but figured I'd toss it up here, just in case........I could find someone who takes pity on me.

Before I put ours in storage, I took measurements of closets/drawers/pantry so that I could look for storage solutions (drawers (Small Stacking Drawer SD-22 - IRIS USA Inc - storage and organization products home), organizers, etc). I just did door hole dimensions and depth. I also did oven size, so I could get a cookie sheet or two. Nothing super accurate, just to the nearest 1/4", rounding down.

I emailed the measurements to myself..............and managed to lose/delete the email. Of course, I cleaned house (emptied trash & sent) not long after. So, it's gone.

So, if anyone were willing to post key dimensions, I'd sure be interested... =)
Old 01-26-2017, 07:30 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeblank View Post
I posted this in another 2306 thread, but figured I'd toss it up here, just in case........I could find someone who takes pity on me.

Before I put ours in storage, I took measurements of closets/drawers/pantry so that I could look for storage solutions (drawers (Small Stacking Drawer SD-22 - IRIS USA Inc - storage and organization products home), organizers, etc). I just did door hole dimensions and depth. I also did oven size, so I could get a cookie sheet or two. Nothing super accurate, just to the nearest 1/4", rounding down.

I emailed the measurements to myself..............and managed to lose/delete the email. Of course, I cleaned house (emptied trash & sent) not long after. So, it's gone.

So, if anyone were willing to post key dimensions, I'd sure be interested... =)

Let me know what you need - I can grab a few measurements for you.

2015 Rockwood 2306
2015 Tundra CrewMax
53flattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 09:27 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53flattie View Post
Let me know what you need - I can grab a few measurements for you.
ooo! I sure would appreciate it. Would save me a drive/weekend morning.

The things I want the most, are the closets. Then I'll list other stuff that is way less important.

1) front closet (door opening width, interior depth, maybe depth a foot up too, since it slants in the back).
2) pantry/closet - door opening width and interior depth.

now, way less important:
3) oven (what size cookie sheet would fit?).....if you have an oven.
4) that big drawer under the sink..lengthxdepthxheight
5) length x depth inside cabinet over sink
6) length x depth inside cabinet over table
Old 01-26-2017, 01:51 PM   #33

Quote:
ooo! I sure would appreciate it. Would save me a drive/weekend morning.

The things I want the most, are the closets. Then I'll list other stuff that is way less important.

1) front closet (door opening width [12.75"], interior depth [21.75"], maybe depth a foot up too [18.75"], since it slants in the back).
2) pantry/closet - door opening width [9.75"] and interior depth [26.25"].

now, way less important:
3) oven (what size cookie sheet would fit?).....if you have an oven [15.5" wide; 16.25" deep].
4) that big drawer under the sink..length [16"]xdepth [8.5"]xwidth[19.75"]
5) height [14.5" opening] x depth [15.75"] x width [20.5" opening] inside cabinet over sink
6) length x depth inside cabinet over table
See my responses above in brackets [].

Regarding the cabinet over the table - I have three individual cabinets, measured individually as follows:
opening height: 12.5" ; opening width: 14.5" ; depth: 12".
The first two (closest to the door) are the same. The one closest to the TV has a back wall that makes the depth less than the others.

Hope this helps!
Tim
Old 01-26-2017, 02:58 PM   #34

Quote:
See my responses above in brackets [].
Holy smokes that's awesome! Thanks so much!

Quote:
Regarding the cabinet over the table - I have three individual cabinets
Hmm. Yours is different. Must be a '17? Mine's a '16. No biggy. I'm super grateful even without it. I'll probably just put a shelf at mid-height, so I'll be measuring / fitting it to mine. If I found a wire make-a-shelf thinger of about the right size, I'd probably have gotten one. It'll wait. Totally minor.

Quote:
Hope this helps!
Sure does! Saves me a notable drive, begging the dealer (that I didn't buy from) to traipse around their new (assumed clean) camper after a 3" nasty wet snow, and the time to do all that. Super grateful. Thank you!
Old 01-26-2017, 03:18 PM   #35

I should clarify... The cabinet over the table is one unit (on mine), but has three doors. Mine is a 2015 (built in Feb of '15).

No problem - I have been helped so much by this forum. It's a small "pay it forward"!
Old 01-26-2017, 04:51 PM   #36

Quote:
Holy smokes that's awesome! Thanks so much!

Hmm. Yours is different. Must be a '17? Mine's a '16. No biggy. I'm super grateful even without it. I'll probably just put a shelf at mid-height, so I'll be measuring / fitting it to mine. If I found a wire make-a-shelf thinger of about the right size, I'd probably have gotten one. It'll wait. Totally minor.

Sure does! Saves me a notable drive, begging the dealer (that I didn't buy from) to traipse around their new (assumed clean) camper after a 3" nasty wet snow, and the time to do all that. Super grateful. Thank you!
My 2306 is a 2017 (built June 2016) and ours also only has 2 doors on the cabinet over the table. The dimensions for each door is - opening height: 12.5, opening width: 14.5, and depth 12 inches. The difference must be where the radio/DVD player system is located. By the way, I did not forget about getting you the measurements, I have been stuck out of town!
scotty1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 07:00 PM   #37

Yeah, the 15 has the radio on the fridge wall. The 16 is in the cabinet. The 17 extends the cabinet too the fridge wall, and that's where it's all mounted. At least in the ones I've seen.

I'm just geeked I got the dims, don't care from who! ;-).

Anxious to get back out, but I'll be snowblowing here shortly. It's almost the same.......
Old 02-07-2017, 01:55 PM   #38

I'm in agreement with the others that have said that the light over the bed is too bright.

I removed my light and put in a wireless controller to be able to dim it. I tested it out on the table and it works great.

Here's a little video to see what the controller can do.

I can't wait for this winter to be over and get back to camping!!!!
Nights Camped 2017 [63]
Nights Camped 2018 [27]
Old 02-07-2017, 02:34 PM   #39

More often than not we camp without hookups. DW wanted more cupboard space so we removed the microwave. The interior of that cabinet was a ragged mess with gaping holes and wires strung all over. I lined the interior with 1/8" paneling and had a cabinet door manufactured.
Old 02-07-2017, 04:15 PM   #40

Product link to dimmer? Pics of micro removal? Are we out of practice? C'mon guys, help me through my withdrawal.

Tags