Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2017, 12:00 PM   #1

2503s

Looking at a Rock wood mini lite 2503. I like the 2 doors and easy access to bathroom. Not sure about Murphy bed? Pros/cons on this model?
Caroljean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 02:42 PM   #2

We are quite happy with ours; this is our 3rd season.

The Murphy bed folds up/down in about 10 seconds. You'll probably want a 2" memory foam topper, however (although this applies to most TT's). If you do get one, remove the round "feet" on the bottom of the bunk legs and replace with stick-on felt to spread out the load on the floor. A number of Murphy-bed owners have had the small round foot make an impression in the floor. (This may not be an issue with the newer models, as FR has supposedly gone to a 5/8" plywood floor vs the old luan-and-foam.)

We were originally looking at the 2304S, but when the DW saw the size of the bathroom in the 2503S, she was hooked. I also liked the larger bathroom countertop. With respect to the 2nd door, to be honest, we basically only use it when loading/unloading, setting up/tearing down, and for "pit stops." We don't use it much while actually camping.

You CAN'T get to the fridge from the main living space with the slide in, but you CAN get to the fridge from the bathroom with the slide in, should you buy groceries while traveling. You CAN'T have the Murphy bed down with the slide in; that would have been nice to have.

We like the larger U-dinette. But the table is a PITA to raise/lower (but you'll have this problem with most FR TT's).

Note that the Flagstaff Micro Lite 25KS is a "twin" to the Mini Lite 2503S; built on the same line at the factory. Just different graphics and interior colors.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 10:48 AM   #3

Good info to know. I did notice you don't have access to fridge when slide is in except thru back door. Would probably not be an issue for us tho. I was wondering about comfort of the bed. We have a toy hauler and had to put a 8" coil spring futon mattress on it because original bed was just foam
Is Flagstaff also made by Forest River?
Can you hook up a satellite dish to the Rockwood?
Old 06-10-2017, 12:34 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroljean View Post
Good info to know. I did notice you don't have access to fridge when slide is in except thru back door. Would probably not be an issue for us tho. I was wondering about comfort of the bed. We have a toy hauler and had to put a 8" coil spring futon mattress on it because original bed was just foam
Is Flagstaff also made by Forest River?
Can you hook up a satellite dish to the Rockwood?
Mattress is a typical RV mattress. Not great. We added a 2" memory foam topper and it's fine for us.

Forest River owns Flagstaff. Flagstaff is a twin to Rockwood and comes off the same line. Just like the Chrysler Town & Country and the Dodge Caravan minivans are both owned by Chrysler and come off the same line in the same factory. So the Mini Lite and Micro Lite are identical except for interior colors.

We don't use a satellite dish, so I can't provide any intelligent comments on that. I can say that it does have a cable connection on the side; and nothing on the roof.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 01:33 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroljean View Post
Looking at a Rock wood mini lite 2503. I like the 2 doors and easy access to bathroom. Not sure about Murphy bed? Pros/cons on this model?
we have the Micro Lite 25KS(twin of the 2503S) and love the Murphy Bed, ... we like the two doors, not having bathroom access while traveling, would have been a deal breaker for us, with the second door it couldn't be easier, .... when traveling, with a destination target, we stop at Welcome Centers and rest stops, and being a couple, we do have to extend the slideout to use the MB, but if a single person chose to stop like that, one night on the sofa would not be such a terrible experience, ... the MB does have one feature that has to be addressed, "gaps", one behind the sofa when MB is up, and the one at the head of the bed when the MB is down, .... there are several ways that folks have solved that "problem" and the link below is the most recent thread on that subject, my posts are #3 and 27, ... pay attention to #27, because the info there is a fact, even though I think some folks ignore it and continue to sweep the floor with their mattress topper, ....

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...-126761-3.html

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 02:56 PM   #6

Thanks for info on the Murphy bed gap. I had seen some earlier posts talking about the gap.