Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2020, 03:14 PM   #1

2506S TT Check Valve location ?

So with the city water hooked up and on, the fresh water tank is slowly filling up and leaking out the fill port.. I understand this is usually caused by the water check valve not doing its job.. My question is:
Where this check valve..? (pic attached)
I did do a procedure noted here on the forum to correct this & it worked for awhile but it is again leaking....

Turn off city water
Turn off water pump if on.
Turn on any faucet wait 1 min
Turn on water pump
let water run 1 min
Turn off faucet
Wait for water pump to quit running
Turn water pump off
Turn on city water
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1177.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	361.8 KB
ID:	236583  
clintbonnie73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 03:28 PM   #2

Looking at the photo you will see on the right a "sort of" round projections immediately after the white water hose. This "projection" is held on by the three screws. Within that part is the check valve. IF you feel confident enough, and with no water being in the hose, remove the three screws, take the check valve apart and clean it good. Just wipe the parts with a clean cloth. There is a rubber diaphragm within this part, inspect it good for even a tiny pinhole. IF there is a pin hole you can by repair kits from various sources or you can buy a new and different check valve that will go where that blue hose is.

Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 03:48 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurman View Post
Looking at the photo you will see on the right a "sort of" round projections immediately after the white water hose. This "projection" is held on by the three screws. Within that part is the check valve. IF you feel confident enough, and with no water being in the hose, remove the three screws, take the check valve apart and clean it good. Just wipe the parts with a clean cloth. There is a rubber diaphragm within this part, inspect it good for even a tiny pinhole. IF there is a pin hole you can by repair kits from various sources or you can buy a new and different check valve that will go where that blue hose is.
Thx for the quick response.. Don't really see anything on the right.. but is it the projection with the 3 screws and a small pin like in the middle, just above the 2 red wires..?
clintbonnie73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 03:53 PM   #4
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintbonnie73 View Post
So with the city water hooked up and on, the fresh water tank is slowly filling up and leaking out the fill port.. I understand this is usually caused by the water check valve not doing its job.. My question is:
Where this check valve..? (pic attached)
I did do a procedure noted here on the forum to correct this & it worked for awhile but it is again leaking....

Turn off city water
Turn off water pump if on.
Turn on any faucet wait 1 min
Turn on water pump
let water run 1 min
Turn off faucet
Wait for water pump to quit running
Turn water pump off
Turn on city water
On your Shurflo Revolution it is located in the pump head.
See at about 8:00 in this video for the location.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, check, location, valve