Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2011, 07:33 AM   #1

2604 Shower leak

Getting ready to stop the leak on my shower and had seen where several of you had the same problem. Was wonder where you found the leak was actually at, and what you used to caulk it up? I have a big leak somewhere along the panel where the door hinge is and then a small leak over by the sink where the shower panel meets the wall. Thanks
lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:50 AM   #2
Arn
Arn

Mine leaked where the panels meet the bottom pan & along the wall. After a couple of attempts to stop it, the dealer finally had to caulk all of the edges with a clear silicone. Not the solution I was looking for but it's the only thing that worked.
Old 07-09-2011, 01:11 PM   #3

Arn; Just did mine and am waiting for it to dry. Looked like they missed one whole spot at the base of the door where the frame meets the pan, that was were the worst leak was. Over by the wall I just cleaned the factory caulk out and recaulked the base to pan and up the glass panel a bit. Will see if I got it tomorrow.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:21 AM   #4

2604's

Off topic but I am looking hard at 2604's. Other than the leak, how do you like it? What do you tow with? Thanks
jacksum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:53 AM   #5
49 year camping veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksum2 View Post
Off topic but I am looking hard at 2604's. Other than the leak, how do you like it? What do you tow with? Thanks
I'm halfway thru a 2 week initial shakedown run on mine right now. Should have near 2k miles when I get back to Utah.
Towing with an f350 CC 4x4 powerstroke which handles it fine.
Overall, trailer is working great. Just some minor things to address when I get home, but certainly no deal breakers.

As for the shower leak, mine also leaked and the dealer resealed the glass panels and frames. Doing ok for now.

Loving Oregon's coast, but the roads are less than desireable. :-(
Maxterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:54 AM   #6

jacksum2; We've only had the unit 3 weeks now and went out over the 4th for 5 days. So far we love the unit. The DW loves the middle bath with the 2 doors to close when I get up in the A.M. when she wants to sleep. We had another Rockwood unit for 5 years and other then the typical hybred bunk door leaks we loved it too. We leave tomarrow for a 2 week trip to Saratoga Springs NY and will get a better idea of anything else we'll need to address. I tow with a Dodge Dakota that's rated at 7000lbs towing. About the only draw back I see with the 2604 is that from the factory mine weight 5809, and with a GVW of 6600 that's not muchload capacity. We weigh everything going into /out of the unit because of the trlr GVW and because it's pushing the truck tow rating. So the 4th trip was 2 hr up and 2 hrs back, it towed great.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:13 AM   #7

Hey there !
On our second 2604...great trailer & low weight,we like the floorplan & large windows.
Towing with a F-150 crewcab, no problem at all.
We dropped the 2 rocking chairs at the back and go for a single leather LazyBoy recliner.
It gives extra space when coming in to remove & store shoes , also added a coat hanger (3 hooks) beside the back door.
Our shower was also leaking as posted...dealer recaulked everything...no issue since then.
eggs5p is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags