Old 04-21-2018, 03:59 PM   #1

2604WS water line question.

[/IMG]I was looking at our new campers low point drains when I noticed the fresh water fill hose and two other water lines out in the open and not enclosed in the underbelly. I investigated further and the two water lines are the vent hose for the fresh water tank and what appears to be the fresh water line from the tank to the pump.
Is it normal to have the fresh water line out in the open and not protected from below freezing weather temps? I have owned many RV's and don't remember seeing this before.
We rarely camp in below freezing temps but it is possible we could. I'm thinking I would have to have the water dripping from a faucet if using the fresh water tank in freezing temps.
Am I missing something here?

Freedom1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 04:12 PM   #2

It is very common for the fresh tank drain line and over flow/vent line to stick out the underbelly. Probably while they advertise them as 3 season and not 4 season campers. Do you have tank heater pads or a heated underbelly?

Ultimately I think it comes down to how low and for hot long the temps get below freezing and weather temps raise during the day.

Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 04:30 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber45 View Post
It is very common for the fresh tank drain line and over flow/vent line to stick out the underbelly. Probably while they advertise them as 3 season and not 4 season campers. Do you have tank heater pads or a heated underbelly?

Ultimately I think it comes down to how low and for hot long the temps get below freezing and weather temps raise during the day.
I'm not sure if the underbelly is heated but I think it may be. We do not have heated tank pads.
The line I'm concerned about is what appears to be a water line coming through the frame and up through the floor to the pump. Before this line gets to the pump it also goes to the outlet for winterizing on the outside wall. It has a valve on this line so you can divert from the winterizing outlet to what I think is the fresh water line from the tank. I hope this makes sense.
We would likely never camp in freezing temps and if that did happen it might be for a night or two. That exposed water (I think) line is freaking me out as I don't beleive it would take much to freeze it.
Old 04-24-2018, 05:14 PM   #4

I'm wondering if other owners of the 2604ws have the same exposed water line or did they change this starting with the 2018 model?

Tags
water, 2604