Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2024, 03:21 PM   #1

2608BS Kitchen organization tips

HELP!
We have just moved up to this huge kitchen from our little wonderful microlite. I have no idea how to best organize and would love to see what creativity is out here. Thanks to the owner thread I've seen that cute shelf to the left of the sink overhead but could really use more ideas.
Those top front cabinets get super hot so I would think no food items? What do y'all put in that deep top right cabinet area? Over the sink? And that huge pantry.... Seems like the outdoor items for the dogs and grilling are ending up there for this shake out trip. Bonus points for (Amazon or..) links for organizers you have found work best. Love FRF community.
SO PLEASE... SHOW ME YOUR CABINETS 😂😁😂❤️
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20240609_162018512.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	233.8 KB
ID:	300724   Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20240609_162006171.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	305.1 KB
ID:	300725  
Life Without Whine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2024, 04:43 PM   #2

Wow! That's a lot of room.

Many people put insulating material on the top and outside wall in their cabinets. That does a couple of things, it helps keep the heat from the food and also helps keep the heat out of the rig.

You pretty much need to take measurement to see what fits. For deep cabinets, a turntable works best for us. We use tension bars to keep things from falling out of cabinets. https://www.amazon.com/Tension-Adjus...7&sr=8-32&th=1 .
Old 06-10-2024, 05:29 AM   #3

I made a shelf between the front cabinet and the cabinet over the stove. This is where we store the sink covers and dish washing soap. We put food in the front top cabinets. Top ramen and dry goods in a basket that can be pulled out if needed from the deep side. Also put some motion detection rechargeable lights it there to see at night. Enjoy the extra room
Old 06-14-2024, 06:19 PM   #4
Canoeing and camping fun

Had one

We downsized from a 2608bs to a mini lite. I used clear plastic bins from big lots to hold dishes, glasses and coffee mugs in the upper cabinets. For the bottom cabinets cut foam circles to go around pots and pans (cast iron) and they stayed on the floor. Used the cupboard by the front entry door as a food pantry organized those shelves with clear plastic bins as well.

Funny thing is everything I had with the exception of one cast iron skillet fits beautifully in the 2511s
Jean D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2024, 08:47 PM   #5

We are snowbirds for 5 months every winter so every bit of storage is utilized. I also put a shelf in the cabinet over the sink and installed a light on the underside of the front cabinets. I ran the wiring from the sink light thru the hollow bottom of the front cabinet. That light helps tremendously with food prep and cooking. It’s funny but in well over 1000 days in this rig Ive never noticed the front cabinets getting hot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6932.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	336.3 KB
ID:	301045   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6933.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	321.0 KB
ID:	301046   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6934.jpg
Views:	10