Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2024, 02:47 AM   #761

A problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyRick View Post
I see mention of many complex solutions for storing a hitch when not in use. I thought I'd share my solution. While the idea is not original to me, it doesn't seem to be well known. There are many versions of bolt-on hitch receivers, most are designed to be mounted to the 4x4 rear bumper. The photo is of my Equi-I-zer hitch mounted to the Shocker accessory I'm trying out. The whole rig is secured with a cable lock.
It never occurred to me that there was a problem. The hitch and beams for our 22-foot SOB are just stored in the baggage department.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2024, 01:41 PM   #762

FINALLY! Officially get to join y'all (and change our signature!) Now to try to put everything in the right place from the old camper now.... shake out trip in a week.

First orders will be a YB windshield cover, new plush mattress, Furrion back up camera (are those hard to install?), LevelPro & Anderson leveler set, eventual RVLocks and.... what am I missing????

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20240524_204152738.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	484.6 KB
ID:	300172  

Terri & Joe w/ the beasts: Boont, Tasha & Phoebe
Now with Joe's retirement the 2024 Rockwood 2608BS plus 2024 F250.
Was a 2013 MicroLite 21FBRS and 1996 F250.
Time to do some serious traveling now! ... picture to follow once the shake out done!
Life Without Whine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2024, 07:44 PM   #763
Casual Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life Without Whine View Post
option question - Thermopane Windows - thoughts? All the other options seemed to have been pretty well discussed in the previous 36 pages :-) enough so that I consider us to have wise counsel from all of you
Thermopane? Or dual pane? Dual pane are said to block a lot of outside sound, but I've not heard of any RV windows that do much of anything for temperature control.

RV - 2021 Rockwood 2608BS
Ex-tenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2024, 07:50 PM   #764
Casual Camper

Quote:
FINALLY! Officially get to join y'all (and change our signature!) Now to try to put everything in the right place from the old camper now.... shake out trip in a week.

First orders will be a YB windshield cover, new plush mattress, Furrion back up camera (are those hard to install?), LevelPro & Anderson leveler set, eventual RVLocks and.... what am I missing????

Beautiful rig! Looks a lot like the one I'm sitting in, only newer and cleaner.

As for the accessories, the LevelMate Pro and leveling blocks are a great idea, I have a set that are not Anderson, but similar. The LevelMate really makes getting level a breeze. The Furrion backup camera - I'd skip Furrion and get another brand that will fit the Furrion mount - I have an Amtifo A7, others have used Haloview. Better products, bigger and brighter screens.

RV Locks sound like a good idea, but I'm still on the original factory locks. Keyed alike, so only one key to worry about. I may do something different in the future.

I'd give the mattress it comes with a try. I've still got my factory mattress in place. It's not as horrible as some make it out to be, although I'm sure there are better out there. Lots of folks recommend Zinius brand, and Amazon will ship them to your door.

Happy camping!

Old 05-25-2024, 08:30 PM   #765

Thermopane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-tenter View Post
Thermopane? Or dual pane? Dual pane are said to block a lot of outside sound, but I've not heard of any RV windows that do much of anything for temperature control.

Thermopane is dual pane with dry nitrogen in the gap between the panes to serve as insulation. Should provide better heating/cooling. Adds weight.

These days I would expect that all dual-pane units have a nitrogen fill. Thermopane might be a trademark of one company.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 03:04 AM   #766
Eagle Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-tenter View Post
Beautiful rig! Looks a lot like the one I'm sitting in, only newer and cleaner.

I'd give the mattress it comes with a try. I've still got my factory mattress in place. It's not as horrible as some make it out to be, although I'm sure there are better out there.
+1

Favorite Childhood Memory: Not paying bills.
IndyRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 06:10 AM   #767

Quote:

X2 on the RV Locks. Have them on my trailer and love them. Did both doors and compartments no need to carry a key just punch in the code or use the remote. Still have the mattress it came with like the firmness it has. Like the paint scheme
Old 05-26-2024, 12:27 PM   #768

Quote:

Skip the Furrion, I had one and hated it. Switched to a Haloview, siginficant improvement. And it supports a micro ssd chip for recording... Easy to install with the adapter they sell. I hang the display on my rear-view mirror with a couple of women's hair bungies.
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 08:23 PM   #769

one more query - no slide out locks.... any of you using them on this unit?

Time to do some serious traveling now! ... picture to follow once the shake out done!
Old 05-29-2024, 08:52 PM   #770
Casual Camper

Quote:
one more query - no slide out locks.... any of you using them on this unit?
No. Not needed. My brother-in-law also has a 2608BS, and he also does not use slide out locks.

But if it gives you peace of mind, they won't hurt. So far as I've seen on the forums, most folks just use a 2x4 cut to length for that purpose.
Old 06-04-2024, 01:25 AM   #771

Everyone,

Finally purchased our trailer. I have to say the mattress is pretty nice. My wife and I both like the mattress.
A few questions:
1. where is everyone storing the broom for inside trailer?
2. after 2 trips our pantry seems to remain closed. I am thinking of tying handles together for doors to stay closed. How is everybody handling the pantry?
3. What is best setting for 12v fridge? I saw a few threads about vents freezing. My ref was cool but not cold. I turned freezer to a lower setting but ref never really became much colder. It was 90degrees and ref was hardly full.

thanks and once i get my pictures upside right i will set up some images and introduce myself. The paint trick is not working for me.

Art and Irene
Bay Area, CA
Artsville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 10:00 AM   #772

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsville View Post
Everyone,

Finally purchased our trailer. I have to say the mattress is pretty nice. My wife and I both like the mattress.
A few questions:
2. after 2 trips our pantry seems to remain closed. I am thinking of tying handles together for doors to stay closed. How is everybody handling the pantry?
3. What is best setting for 12v fridge? I saw a few threads about vents freezing. My ref was cool but not cold. I turned freezer to a lower setting but ref never really became much colder. It was 90degrees and ref was hardly full.

thanks and once i get my pictures upside right i will set up some images and introduce myself. The paint trick is not working for me.

Art and Irene
Bay Area, CA
Hello and congratulations.
1. between the living room slide and bedroom door with a command strip broom holder.
2. our pantry doors shut very tightly and we haven't had a problem with them.
3. ours is a 2020 with the traditional absorption fridge.
Old 06-04-2024, 11:38 AM   #773
Eagle Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsville View Post
Everyone,

A few questions:
I imagine most use the space behind the bedroom door. I also store a mop there. For travel, the broom goes on the bed, and the mop in the shower. I also got a motion activate d vacuum cleaner that rides on the bed for travel, and sits on the floor outside the bedroom door in camp.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20240604_111221.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	307.3 KB
ID:	300543   Click image for larger version

Name:	20240604_111408.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	157.1 KB
ID:	300550   Click image for larger version

Name:	20240604_111608.jpg
Size:	242.4 KB
ID:	300551   Click image for larger version

Name:	20240604_111640.jpg
Size:	263.6 KB
ID:	300552   Click image for larger version

Name:	20240604_111706.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	248.4 KB
ID:	300553  

Old 06-10-2024, 08:16 AM   #774

Shake down in the backyard this past weekend & couple things came up ...

1. when the awning is fully extended the doors rub. Reading other threads there is the comment that the wrong awning arms may have been placed (it rubs a lot!). Others put a 'wheel' or awmbrella in use. Just doesn't seem right that both entryway doors displace the awning upward a couple inches when going in or out on a new camper

2. bought the extra solar panel & battery with the unit. At night the soundbar light remains on, the CO2 detector light is on & we did not open the frig (that is staying cold luckily). By morning batteries read low - shouldn't we be able to go for a day or so & use a tiny bit of electric overnight? Is it possible the second panel or battery were not wired in correctly or is it simply these are crummy batteries supplied?

3. started a whole different thread to help me set up & organize that HUGE kitchen - those top front cabinets get so hot inside ... anyone insulate those? and what have you lost only to find years later deep in the recesses of that front cabinet to the left of the sink ????

Thanx!!!! Really appreciate all of you helping us get this camper rolling well ... first trip this weekend...

Old 06-10-2024, 09:07 AM   #775

Quote:

1. when the awning is fully extended the doors rub. Reading other threads there is the comment that the wrong awning arms may have been placed (it rubs a lot!). Others put a 'wheel' or awmbrella in use. Just doesn't seem right that both entryway doors displace the awning upward a couple inches when going in or out on a new camper

2. bought the extra solar panel & battery with the unit. At night the soundbar light remains on, the CO2 detector light is on & we did not open the frig (that is staying cold luckily). By morning batteries read low - shouldn't we be able to go for a day or so & use a tiny bit of electric overnight? Is it possible the second panel or battery were not wired in correctly or is it simply these are crummy batteries supplied?

3. started a whole different thread to help me set up & organize that HUGE kitchen - those top front cabinets get so hot inside ... anyone insulate those? and what have you lost only to find years later deep in the recesses of that front cabinet to the left of the sink ????

Thanx!!!! Really appreciate all of you helping us get this camper rolling well ... first trip this weekend...
Congratulations!

1. Are you saying the doors rub when the awning is extended and lowered fully? Or JUST extended?
Because it's "normal" for them to rub when the awning is lowered all the way down.

2. We don't have any solar panels

3. The top cabinets do get warm inside. We only store cups and glasses and plates in ours. Food
goes in the pantry. We did leave something that we grilled in the microwave. Found it a couple of
weeks later. 🤮🤮🤮
Old 06-10-2024, 10:13 AM   #776
Eagle Scout

Quote:

I have the 2nd panel, and I went with 2 100Ah LiFePo+ batteries. That combination has allowed me to run the refrigerator 24/7 since just before my first trip in March. My system cycles down to about 86% before sunrise. If you're using lead-acid batteries, they might not make it until morning.

Next weekend, I'm going to run a bit of a test on the solar. I'm going to run thr 12v system entirely on solar for the weekend by throwing the converter breaker. I'm a Ham Radio operator, and we have our annual emergency test (Field Day) June 22-23. Non-radio equipment is still permitted to run on shore power, so I'll still get A/C.

Old 06-11-2024, 07:37 AM   #777

Quote:

I have three of the 190 panels on the roof. Switched to a Lifepo4 type of battery 228 amp. I use between 50 and 100 amps at night depending on how much stuff we run (inverter, TV, lights and such). Usually fully charged by noon. Prices are coming down you might want to look at them. Your converter can handle them which is a nice upgrade.
Try different locations on the awning. You will notice it drops at the more at the end of the roll out. I usually stop mine when the little flap is straight down or a little before.
Dry and canned goods in the upper cabinet, coffee, paper goods, red cups and the like.
Old Yesterday, 06:31 PM   #778
Casual Camper

Quote:

I just rolled my awning out, and it sits at least 3 inches above the top of the door.

Enjoy the campout!