Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2021, 08:33 PM   #61

2608BS

Congrats!
Wife and I have had our 2020 for 2years 3 months. Just under 20000 miles. Added a lippert one touch auto leveler 2nd AC. Use a Anderson sway control. No big issues, crack in shower outer skylight, a couple closet slider draw issues, other then that upgraded the stock tires to Hercules 10 ply helped greatly with side wind. Removed dinette put a Kathy Ireland fold out queen bed/couch in area, great for guest. For the wife and I it’s the most amazing floor plan for under 30 feet. I’m 6.5 1/2 and 350, all kinds of room, put my big guy rocker next to the couch. Only problem things are common Travel trailer issues, cloth falling in closet, tank sensors way off especially black. The 2nd AC is great for sleeping when really hot. Also added a Gennnie Rack for long trips and Boondocking.
PepnRae93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 06:50 PM   #62
Casual Camper

Occupying the rig once again this weekend. Friday was a bit cold and grey in Minnesota, but the rest of the long weekend should be gorgeous - today certainly is!

Upgrade this weekend was to replace the original shower head with an Oxygenics model. It's better, but I'm still not impressed. But then, it's a camper, I probably shouldn't expect too much.

Also, picked up a Char-Griller Flat Iron table for my griddle, so I don't have to hang it on the camper side rail. It's adjustable for 17-22" griddles, and for leg height. So far, so good! Cost $60, feels nice and solid.

Still playing with the Victron shunt I installed last weekend. Really wish the stats graph would not reset unless I wanted it to!

What are you doing with your rig this weekend?
RV - 2021 Rockwood 2608BS
Ex-tenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 08:55 PM   #63

Thought y’all might be interested in this modification post I put on back in February. We have now spent almost 400 nights in it since picking it up in April 2019. Had a few issues including a burned up inverter, but mostly just fit and finish stuff like rebuilding all the aluminum drawer framing under the bed.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ns-224617.html
Roaminaround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 11:37 AM   #64
Casual Camper

Another weekend in the camper. No mods planned for this weekend, but need to wash and wax. It's the end of the season in Minnesota, doing the housekeeping prior to winter storage.

Heard from the dealer that the parts needed to repair issues found in the PDI are in, have an appointment scheduled for 10/18. Dealer said we can bring it now and they will store it free until the repairs are completed, and if they get an earlier opening they can work on it prior to the 18th of October.
Old 09-11-2021, 12:15 PM   #65

2021 2706 ws

We like are rockwood went on three trips already . We are looking for the theater seating . No real issues .
Mikessrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 07:05 PM   #66

Just wondered if anyone has mounted the Level Mate Pro to their 2608BS. I have a 2020 2608BS and I would like to mount it directly to the front wall ( Sink Entrance). The screws protrude 1/2" into the wall. Just looking for some advice. I'm not sure of the wall thickness. Afraid I put the screws through the front wall of the trailer. Has anyone done this install?
Braidwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 09:39 PM   #67
Casual Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braidwood View Post
Just wondered if anyone has mounted the Level Mate Pro to their 2608BS. I have a 2020 2608BS and I would like to mount it directly to the front wall ( Sink Entrance). The screws protrude 1/2" into the wall. Just looking for some advice. I'm not sure of the wall thickness. Afraid I put the screws through the front wall of the trailer. Has anyone done this install?
There are other threads on the forums where others have done this on a 2608BS. I'm also about to do this, so I also need to find those threads to review the experiences of others.
Old 09-12-2021, 10:03 PM   #68

Quote:
We mounted it the bottom of front entry wall to the right. Just have to open the door & reach in through the steps to turn it on.
Gottaluvlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 06:24 AM   #69
Casual Camper

Did the fall cleanup this past weekend. Waxed the camper, looked nice. Pulled it off the seasonal spot and dropped it at the dealer to wait for our repair date in October. Lots of hills on the route, which is the only thing my truck struggles at all with in pulling this camper,and even then it's just downshifting and running higher rpm's than usual.

Noticed when we arrived at the dealer the front was full of bugs. Discouraging after the work put in waxing it. Hope the bugs all wash off easy when we get it back.
Old 09-15-2021, 09:55 AM   #70
awh

still waiting

Still waiting for my rockwood 2608 ordered 4/7/21 hopefully it will get here before we leave for florida in jan.
awh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 05:49 PM   #71
Casual Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by awh View Post
Still waiting for my rockwood 2608 ordered 4/7/21 hopefully it will get here before we leave for florida in jan.
Should be soon, they're running about 6 months. Call your dealer every week or so. Once they get a VIN# you're getting close.
Old 09-16-2021, 06:47 AM   #72
awh

thanks for the reply
awh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 07:21 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottaluvlife View Post
We mounted it the bottom of front entry wall to the right. Just have to open the door & reach in through the steps to turn it on.
X2
Old 09-22-2021, 06:57 AM   #74

I mounted mine to a piece of 1/4 X 4 Oak. Then I screwed it to the trim piece that holds the counter top down. That way I was not drilling holes in the side walls. If I don't like the location I can more it later down the road. Taking it out today will let you know how it works.

Quote:
MrPukaShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 08:36 AM   #75

We returned this week from a trip of a few hundred miles with our 2021 2608BS. Very happy with the unit. It pulled very well and everything is working as it should. On an earlier outing I noticed a slight leak below the sink. I just tightened the connection up and all was well. I had made a slight adjustment to the bathroom door earlier and that is working as it should. I have had several campers and have found that a good dealer is important. We enjoy the floor plan of the camper.
Michigan-Traverler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 04:11 PM   #76
Casual Camper

It is a great floor plan for couples, no doubt.

I picked up our 2608BS from the dealer today following warranty service which was scheduled for October 18th, but got completed much earlier than expected. Took it straight to our winter storage facility as our Seasonal is already closed for the winter. MN has shorter seasons than much of the country. If I had space to store it between excursions, I could probably get a few more weekends out of the season at each end.

Still quite pleased with the build quality of our camper!
Old 09-23-2021, 04:51 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-tenter View Post
Occupying the rig once again this weekend. Friday was a bit cold and grey in Minnesota, but the rest of the long weekend should be gorgeous - today certainly is!

Upgrade this weekend was to replace the original shower head with an Oxygenics model. It's better, but I'm still not impressed. But then, it's a camper, I probably shouldn't expect too much.

Also, picked up a Char-Griller Flat Iron table for my griddle, so I don't have to hang it on the camper side rail. It's adjustable for 17-22" griddles, and for leg height. So far, so good! Cost $60, feels nice and solid.

Still playing with the Victron shunt I installed last weekend. Really wish the stats graph would not reset unless I wanted it to!

What are you doing with your rig this weekend?
Upgraded our shower head to Ecocamel WOW really works great, very close to a home shower. Have to remind myself to conserve water if not in full hookup👍😎
Old 09-24-2021, 06:44 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan-Traverler View Post
We returned this week from a trip of a few hundred miles with our 2021 2608BS. Very happy with the unit. It pulled very well and everything is working as it should. On an earlier outing I noticed a slight leak below the sink. I just tightened the connection up and all was well. I had made a slight adjustment to the bathroom door earlier and that is working as it should. I have had several campers and have found that a good dealer is important. We enjoy the floor plan of the camper.
Mine had the same leak under the sink at the Shark bite. It only happened on campgrounds with real high water pressure, and didn't do it on the water pump.
Old 09-24-2021, 06:56 PM   #79
Casual Camper

Ours had that same leak at the connectors under the kitchen sink. Tightened it up and stopped the dripping.
Old 09-24-2021, 08:50 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csbadvisor View Post
Upgraded our shower head to Ecocamel WOW really works great, very close to a home shower. Have to remind myself to conserve water if not in full hookup👍😎
Which one did you get? I currently have Oxygenics in my Imagine but am open to other brands.
grege is offline   Reply With Quote