Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2022, 09:47 AM   #501
Canoeing and camping fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfletcherva View Post
What type of screen did you use? Is it window screen material? Great idea.
Found them on amazon around $20 for 5 of them. It’s a mesh material like in some laundry/beach bags. Saw them in a you tube camper video so not an original idea.
Jean D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 09:33 AM   #502

Quote:
First year back into TT camping. We love our Rockwood 2608BS. Fits the 2 of us perfectly. Do any of you winterize your own trailer? It seems like it should be straightforward, but I always like it when I can review a YouTube video, etc. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
I winterize my own trailer. I use compressed air to blow out the lines and then put some RV antifreeze in the drain traps. Some also put RV antifreeze in the lines but I've always done it with air and never had a problem. It's real easy and if you search YouTube I'm sure you will find plenty of videos on it. Winterizing is winterizing on a camper so any video will do. Only difference is where connections are so you can bypass the water heater.

Greg
grege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 09:44 AM   #503

Quote:
Originally Posted by grege View Post
I winterize my own trailer. I use compressed air to blow out the lines and then put some RV antifreeze in the drain traps. Some also put RV antifreeze in the lines but I've always done it with air and never had a problem. It's real easy and if you search YouTube I'm sure you will find plenty of videos on it. Winterizing is winterizing on a camper so any video will do. Only difference is where connections are so you can bypass the water heater.

Greg
Like Grege I prefer the blow out method the only thing I want to add is if you have the built-in filter, the container fills with water and needs to be drained and the filter removed (discarded).

Since I never use my filter (I carry water from home) next year I will be installing a bypass similar to the hot water tank.
Rayborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 10:32 AM   #504
awh

Quote:
Originally Posted by grege View Post

Greg
I also use air always have going back to the 90's never had a problem
awh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 10:49 AM   #505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayborne View Post
Like Grege I prefer the blow out method the only thing I want to add is if you have the built-in filter, the container fills with water and needs to be drained and the filter removed (discarded).

Since I never use my filter (I carry water from home) next year I will be installing a bypass similar to the hot water tank.
Good point. I removed mine this year so I forgot about mentioning it.
Old 09-26-2022, 09:48 PM   #506

Hook up

So do you hook up air to the city water hook up?
Fishspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 07:58 AM   #507

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishspike View Post
Short answer is yes. You need an adapter between your compressor and the camper to connect them. Plenty of videos on YouTube for you to watch and can explain it better than I can here.
Old 09-27-2022, 01:59 PM   #508
Site Team

Quote:
Yes. Get the white plastic adapter at Walmart and use it to blow out the lines. You'll need a tire inflator.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Forest River Forums mobile app
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 09:38 PM   #509

Bounce

I seem to be having a lot of bounce in camper. (Not that bounce) jacks are all snug. I have a big chunk of wood under the front jack I am on a concrete pad. I don’t have x chalks and from what I can tell the jury is 50 50. Any suggestions would be appreciated
Old 09-30-2022, 05:39 PM   #510

Router

Okay another silly Question on lippert OneControl. It keeps telling me to look for it in a cupboard say it looks like a router Can’t find it any ideas?.
Old 10-01-2022, 08:16 PM   #511

Didn’t find it but got it to work

Quote:
Okay another silly Question on lippert OneControl. It keeps telling me to look for it in a cupboard say it looks like a router Can’t find it any ideas?.

Got it to work
Old 10-01-2022, 09:03 PM   #512
Casual Camper

Winterizing

Quote:
First year back into TT camping. We love our Rockwood 2608BS. Fits the 2 of us perfectly. Do any of you winterize your own trailer? It seems like it should be straightforward, but I always like it when I can review a YouTube video, etc. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
This is the second winter for our 2608BS. Last year it was in the shop for a warranty service, so I just had them do it. This year, I did it myself. I didn't use compressed air to blow out the lines. I just drained them all from the low points, then put in RV antifreeze (pink stuff) as per any of dozens of YouTube videos. It took about 3 gallons of pink, including what I dumped in the P-traps.

I didn't use the compressor mostly because I didn't have the adapter on hand. I'll probably make an effort to get one prior to next fall. Being in Minnesota, any extra bit of water I can get out of the lines is probably worth the effort.

Edit to add: Be aware, the water pump can drain a gallon of antifreeze right quick. If the faucet just gurgles, check to see if the input jug is empty.

RV - 2021 Rockwood 2608BS
Ex-tenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 05:18 PM   #513

Fender skirt

Had a recent blowout on the way up to the black hills and shredded the passenger side fender skirt on 2020 2608bs.
I’ve searched through all the skirt finder sites including recpro, icon, etc to no avail.
Any ideas on correct skirt manufacturer, model #, etc.
Thanks for your help.

2nd post, so new to forum. Please advise if I’m in the wrong area.
Jdoubled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 05:52 PM   #514
Casual Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdoubled View Post
2nd post, so new to forum. Please advise if I’m in the wrong area.
You're in exactly the right place. Unfortunately I don't have an answer for you, but hopefully someone else can help.
Old 10-02-2022, 06:21 PM   #515

sorry that happened, but curious to find out..what brand tire did you have?
Gottaluvlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 06:44 PM   #516

The factory installed Castle Rocks with around 8k miles.I went ahead and swapped them out for a full set of GY endurance 10 ply on steel wheels.
Jdoubled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 12:11 PM   #517

I just found this site for replacement fenders, hopefully I never need one!. Good Luck!
https://www.icondirect.com/categorie...Fender-Skirts/
wfal33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 10:28 PM   #518
Casual Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfal33 View Post
I just found this site for replacement fenders, hopefully I never need one!. Good Luck!
https://www.icondirect.com/categorie...Fender-Skirts/
Good find! Thanks for sharing.
RV - 2021 Rockwood 2608BS
Old 10-10-2022, 04:08 PM   #519

Hi, picked up my 2608BS a month ago and have been boondocking ever since. Love the TT so far. I ordered it back in February and picked it up September 28th. It's the white exterior color and has the dinette booth and one A/C unit so far. I ordered two solar panels, and two batteries know that I will be boondocking quite a bit. I'm not at all impressed with the lead acid batteries holding power. I hope to switch to Lithium Ion as soon as I can figure out how that works. If anybody has any suggestions or help with the conversion, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
Appledude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 04:46 PM   #520

Slide Grinding and Storage Bins

When the slides are extended or retracted they make a horrible grinding noise just as they finish. It seems like a bad thing. Is that true and how does one prevent it?

Secondly, I found a storage bin from Target that fits perfectly in the pantry. Two of them fit on each shelf. They have handles to facilitate hauling supplies into the camper and they help keep items from jostling around while traveling.

https://www.target.com/p/wave-medium...76#lnk=sametab

Thanks.