Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2018, 01:13 PM   #1

2608SB Owners -- gray water tanks

Hi,
We have a 2018 model 2104S and are looking to move up to the 2608SB. I'm presuming the 90 gallon gray tank capacity is achieved by a second 45-gal. tank. I also presume the two tanks have separate gate valves. In my previous rigs, the gray and black tanks are drained from the same bayonet connector outlet. Does the second gray tank empty through the same bayonet connector, or is it a separate outlet?
Thanks,
SB
SmilinBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 09:06 AM   #2

It is separate and forward of the axles.
FROtow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 10:08 AM   #3

You will love the 2608
2rad4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 12:55 PM   #4

Chris,

Congratulations on your 2608BS! What do you do about the two outlets when at a campground with full hook-ups? We normally didn't have full hook-ups with our current and past rigs, but did last summer as we were Camp Hosts for six months and plan a repeat this spring, summer, fall.

Thanks,
-SB
Old 11-20-2018, 01:39 PM   #5
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmilinBeard View Post
Chris,

Congratulations on your 2608BS! What do you do about the two outlets when at a campground with full hook-ups? We normally didn't have full hook-ups with our current and past rigs, but did last summer as we were Camp Hosts for six months and plan a repeat this spring, summer, fall.

Thanks,
-SB
Don't have your model but do have two dump ports.
This is what I do...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160305_124411.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	172.5 KB
ID:	191862   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160305_124512.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	132.8 KB
ID:	191863  

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 01:51 PM   #6

5picker,

Thanks. That's kind of the direction i figured I needed to go. I also thought about putting in an extra gate valve below the wye, so the two gray tanks can equalize. When it is all said and done I'll need to get the unit, and figure it out from there.

Thanks,
-SB
Old 11-20-2018, 02:04 PM   #7
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
5picker,

Thanks. That's kind of the direction i figured I needed to go. I also thought about putting in an extra gate valve below the wye, so the two gray tanks can equalize. When it is all said and done I'll need to get the unit, and figure it out from there.

Thanks,
-SB
Sounds like a plan but remember... if you have full hook-ups... no need to equalize the grey tanks (I assume for additional capacity) since all you'll need to do is open the dump valve and drain. Full, half or anywhere in between.

Boondocking, then yes...you can gain some room as the galley never fills up as fast as the bath/shower tank. but you mentioned having full hook-ups.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 04:56 PM   #8

I'll remember that there is no need to equalize them if I have full hookups. When I mentioned the valve I was thinking of when we dry camp. We have several trips planned, with varying amenities, or lack thereof.
Old 11-20-2018, 10:33 PM   #9

Gray

I have a clear Y and hook both valves up to it w/ 2- 5' hoses and them run 1 hose to the drain. I always make sure the single gray tank hose is slightly higher. Always drain black tank 1st. and then gray tanks to wash out hose. I have a Flagstaff 275 V and it is easier to hook up prior to slides out, valves are under the slides. I put slides in prior to emptying.
Tundra 2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 09:34 AM   #10

Thanks. Good tip about keeping the hose from the kitchen higher than the bath.
Old 11-21-2018, 01:10 PM   #11

SmilinBeard -- If you're boondocking, you can't equalize the 2 gray tanks with that setup. If you try, what will you do with the sewer hose full of gray water when you pack up to leave? I have the same setup and would love to find a way to equalize, but, short of re-plumbing the second gray, I can't think of one.

Ken
Old 11-21-2018, 02:25 PM   #12

I am thinking I have a 5-gal container I can drain the two arms of the wye with so....

1. If dry camping and tanks are not about to overflow, do nothing at the site. On getting to the dump station, just use a straight hose[s] and connectors to get from the first gray outlet to the dump inlet. Dump that tank and move forward to dump the black, then second gray tank.

2. If dry camping and the lavatory gray tank fills, and the kitchen gray tank has room, I'd connect the two short hoses and wye connector. To the outlet of the wye I'd add a spade valve, and a 3" cap with an eccentric hose connection. I'd open the two gray outlets to equalize the tanks, keeping the one on the outlet of the wye closed. On prepping to leave, close the two gray tank outlets, run a hose from the cap to my container, open the valve below the wye to empty the hoses dumping the water at the bathhouse our dump station. Disconnect the hoses and store them. On arriving at the dump station, do as you would in case 1.

3. If hook-ups are available, do like you 5picker and Tundra 2014 do.
Old 11-21-2018, 02:32 PM   #13

BTW the 5-gal container is a collapsable one so it is a minimal thing to store. I got it for our first pop-up, that didn't have a tank, then used it on my second, to drain off part of my 20-gal gray tank, when needed.
Old 11-22-2018, 06:12 PM   #14

Quote:
Chris,

Thanks,
-SB
Thanks. We're camping now and absolutely love it. The addition of the reclining loveseat in place of the couch made it perfect for us.

To your question, we dont frequent full hookup sites very often. NC has so many great state parks and that's where we love to go.

When do go I won't hookup until time to dump. I'll dump the same way I do at the dump station.

Dump and flush the black tank. Dump the gray tank behind the axle and then move the fitting to the front gray tank and dump it.

I don't overcomplicate it
2rad4u is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank, water, water tank