Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2017, 05:46 PM   #1

2706WS front vent

Just picked up my new 2706WS. Want to know if there is power available in the front vent over the bed. I want to install a fantastic fan there. I took the inside cover off and found a couple of speaker wires and what looks like a power wire for the two lights. The lights are controlled by a wall switch.

I don't have the 2nd A/C pre-wire. There is a factory option for a second fantastic fan, so I'm thinking there may be power at that vent.

Ken
Old 09-13-2017, 09:03 AM   #2
Just a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvee-nut View Post
Just picked up my new 2706WS. Want to know if there is power available in the front vent over the bed. I want to install a fantastic fan there. I took the inside cover off and found a couple of speaker wires and what looks like a power wire for the two lights. The lights are controlled by a wall switch.

I don't have the 2nd A/C pre-wire. There is a factory option for a second fantastic fan, so I'm thinking there may be power at that vent.

Ken

Mine has AC there. The 30 AMP rigs I looked at had fans there. Do you have a power meter? Give it a shot.
P3 Brake Box

Andy, Karrie 7 kids,and 2 dogs just rolling along
TXSKIBUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:42 PM   #3

I have the power fantastic fan with the maxxair vent installed from the factory in the bedroom, my understanding is the trailers are pre-wired the same except for the difference of 30 amp and 50amp 2706ws. The first 2706ws we looked at only had the fantastic fan in the bathroom and the rv salesman stated we could easily add the bedroom one later on down the road, as they all had the same assembly line process for wiring, take that with a grain of salt, but I would say if there are capped wires under the vent shroud then those would be wires pre run for a powered fan.
S Spackler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 08:52 AM   #4

Well, I didn't find any capped wires behind the inside cover. I found two wires that appeared to run to the two speakers. The third wire, which looped through the opening, seemed to run between the two lights. These two lights are connected to a wall switch, so I assume there's a wire from the switch to the first light, then this wire continues to the second light. This won't work for a fan, since the light must be switched on for there to be power in the wire. The lights do not have individual switches on them. I need to do a more rigorous examination of the opening to see if there's a wire tucked back out of sight.

Ken
Old 09-14-2017, 10:12 AM   #5

Alright, if I get a chance I'll pull my shroud off to see what wires the fan is tied into.
S Spackler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 08:16 PM   #6

I want to put a fan in the kitchen vent in our new Windjammer. I pulled the bezel, and just found Styrofoam. I couldn't locate any wires, and don't know how to run wires through the Styrofoam roof. I emailed FR twice and haven't yet received a response.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:29 PM   #7
Kasual Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankirk View Post
I emailed FR twice and haven't yet received a response.

Mark A. Akins
Forest River Inc.
Rockwood/ Flagstaff Divs.
Phone: 574-642-0368
makins@forestriverinc.com

He's one of their techie guys and was very helpful with a Lippert slide question I had.
JayArras is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent