Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2019, 09:16 PM   #1

2707WS Reviews and Mods

Hi Everyone,

Well, the snow is piling up outside up here in MN. Chomping at the bit...2 months till our first trip of the year. Bought a 2019 2707WS in August of last year and had it out a couple times before the snow flew. I’ve done a few mods so far, nothing earth-shattering.

What mods have you done, challenges addressed?

My challenges so far:
NOTHING except cleaning up the carpenter’s putty over all the nails in the thing.

What we like:
1. The open floor plan with the opposing slides. LOTS of room for us and our two Australian Cattle Dogs.
2. Front glass. We like to open the “bedroom” door and let that light in during the day.
3. Outside kitchen with the induction cooktop as well as the propane grill LP hookup.
4. Rear kitchen: talk about a LOT of counter space!
5. STORAGE, STORAGE, STORAGE
6. “Fireplace” when it’s cool. We like to just turn on the flame effect without the heater when it’s warm.
7. AV system (Bluetooth and zone speakers) and the ginormous TV...with a LOT of storage behind it.
8. Theater seating with cute little swivel “tables” for drinks, tablet, etc.
9. HUGE awing
10. Bedroom wardrobe slide with a LOT of storage, “nightstands” with more STORAGE
11. 6” frame vs 4” frame. No flex when towing or moving around in it. It’s one SOLID trailer.
12. Frameless windows: great for ventilation in the rain, especially when we get all the MaxxAir fans going
13. A shower that’s actually useable
14. HUGE tanks
15. 50-amp service so I can put an AC in the bedroom if I want.
16. Sealed underbelly
17. BIG tires with 75mph rating (I only tow at 65, so it’s nice to have the margin).
18. Overall fit and finish is superb. I picked it up right after it came in. No sawdust in the cabinets or places you think would have been neglected at the factory. no screws put in half-***ed. Even the windows were all clean.

We bought it with pretty much every option. We are empty nest and semi-retired so...options:
1. Table and chairs
2. Induction cooktop outside
3. Slide awnings all around
4. Champagne paint
5. MaxxAir 4 speed in bathroom and bedroom
6. TV in bedroom
7. Power jacks front and back
8. Sliding storage bin in the pass through
9. WiFi Ranger

Mods completed:
1. Mounted lightweight black and decker toolbox to the bumper for my sewer attachments.
2. Installed MaxxAir remote-controlled fan in the kitchen as well as a MaxxAir vent cover for it.
3. Remote controlled main door lock
4. Electronic thermostat
5. MorRyde aluminum steps (and tool box in the spot the old steps were stowed in).
6. Furnace vent bug screens
7. Progressive Dynamics 50-amp
8. TPMS
9. Rear monitor/backup camera
10. DW is an artist, so we have her work throughout where we can

Mods to come:
1. Bug screens on water heater vent and refrigerator vents
2. Siphon 360 vents on roof
3. Sewer hose under frame storage
4. Replace rubber valve stems with metal valve stems
5. Replace china bombs with GY Endurance (July)
6. Electric jack cover
7. Replace door glass with privacy glass and shade

Trips to come:
1. MN state park (2) up on the north shore and further south
2. Pelican Point Campground in ND (June)
3. Wisconsin Dells with the kids/grandkids (July)
4. Smoky Mountain State Park (August)
5. Disney World Fort Wilderness (January 2020)
6. St Augustine (January 2020)
There will be others as I continue to fill in our camping calendar...

Well, phew! That’s all for now. Photos to follow.

What are your experiences with the 2707WS?Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1307.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	605.2 KB
ID:	196737
2009 Ram 2500 5.7/3:73
cmac7203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 08:07 PM   #2

Send a message via MSN to flaggonzo
CMAC, Great write up and agree with what you said. It is a great trailer. I picked mine up last September and I was extremely pleased that everything worked. I have taken it out several times and knock on wood, its all good. It seems we are in the minority when it comes to this trailer. I am surprised there are not more folks that own this one. I think this is a fairly new trailer as I cannot find one older than 2017.

I pretty much went with every option. I went with the upgraded 15K A/C in the front and a second A/C in the bedroom. I was happy to learn that the 2nd A/C in the bedroom has heat. It worked great when we camped in cool weather. I saved by not having to use my propane. It's not as hot as propane but it still works. Something for you to think about when you upgrade to your second A/C.

You mentioned under upgrade MORryde steps. Did it not come with it? Just asking because mine came with it. The other change was they went back to the two burner outdoor kitchen vs the single induction burner. I was initially disappointed but now I really like the twin burner.

FYI, your signature block shows the nomenclature as 2707SW.

Good luck and post pics with any future upgrades
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rockwood 2707WS.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	197183  
flaggonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 08:43 PM   #3

Mine was built right before that switch to the double burner and the factory installed MorRyde. I had the steps installed from the dealer before I brought it home. I, too, have the 15k AC in the living area. It’s good to know about the 2nd unit in the BR...sounds like that could be super helpful. I haven’t even cooked yet on the induction cook top outside. I was only able to get 3 trips under my belt. I see Palm trees...lucky! We are in Minnesota so we are counting the days till we get it out of storage.

Did you have the Castle Rock tires? We do, and we are considering changing them out in June before we make our trip to Appalachia. If we don’t, we may just have the metal valve stems put in and balanced.

About my only gripe is the beeping of the fireplace...freaks out my cattle dogs. There’s a thread on were about pulling the fireplace out and disconnecting the speaker.

Has yours seen rain? Mine hasn’t, so I haven’t seen the auto dumping feature in operation yet.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:18 PM   #4

Good eye, the pic was taken in Central Florida. I have not played around with the awning but will have to see how well it works. I read where some complain that it takes on way too much water before it finally dumps it. Mine did come with the China bombs. I bought some Good Year Endurance from Sam's club last year during the holidays. The were offering $20 off each tire. I have not put them on yet as we have mostly done short trips. I will probably put them on later this year and definitely before a long trip.

Not sure if you have seen this video, but it talks about the auto dumping and had a good tip about how to deploy your awning.

I hope it warms up for you soon. Sounds like you have some cool trips planned!
Old 02-20-2019, 09:52 PM   #5

I thought so...central FL. I’m from FL (Miami and Hollywood) but live in MN now for past 17 years. My brother lives in Lakeland and we visit often. We are heading to Fort Wildnerness next January for a couple weeks and then on to Saint Augustine for a week before heading back to the frozen chosen.
Old 02-21-2019, 07:45 PM   #6

Man, drastic change from South Florida to MN!! We live in NW Florida (Gulf Breeze, next to Pensacola)

We are also thinking about a trip to Saint Augustine. I hear it's really nice there!