Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2014, 08:15 AM   #1

2809W Window Water Leak

Got the travel trailer out of storage a couple of weeks ago and found the front counter bubbled from water damage.

The water is from condensation, not from a leak. When we were camping and it was hot or humid outside and cold inside from the A/C the window would create condensation and run down onto the counter. Not that much water, but enough over time to cause this.

The last pic shows the entire front of the trailer and the left red circle shows where the water is coming from..... anyone else with the set-up have issues with water in the front?

Thanks,
dfs
2012 Rockwood Windjammer 2809W
2004 Dodge Ram 5.7L 4X4 Quad
dfskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 05:02 PM   #2
rip

Hi Dennis, just went out and double-checked my front counter top looking at the same area. No problem here. Thinking back, I haven't noticed condensation on these front windows.

I did notice condensation on the large rear bedroom window sometimes after showering. I started using the bathroom fan more now to pull out the steam.

One thing I looked at... my two ducted front ceiling vent louvers are pointed at my front door, not towards those windows. I simply like to have air going back out the door when I open it. Plus, my cousins did not like the air blowing on them when they sat on the sofa (which is in front of those windows on our model).

Which way are your two roof a/c vents pointing your air?
+ 2002 Ford F-250 7.3L 4X4
rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 11:48 PM   #3

They are pointed at the couch.... but I'm changing that........ at first I thought it was condensation, but over the past several months after each long or hard rain I would go check the trailer and found water on the counter each time... so hopefully they'll be able to find the leak, fix it and replace the counter..... thanks for the reply and the info about the vents..... during each shower we use that vent fan in the bathroom...
2012 Rockwood Windjammer 2809W
2004 Dodge Ram 5.7L 4X4 Quad
dfskinner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
280, leak, water, water leak