Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2013, 06:16 PM   #1

2909SS AC Question

Hello. We are getting ready to order a 2909SS. Looking for some advice on the AC. Is the 15,000 unit worth the upgrade? The price difference seems reasonable. Is there any reason not to go with 15,000 as opposed to 13,500? Any advice on the AC, or the 2909SS model in general, would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Restlesswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:25 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Welcome to the forum !

Your question begs to know what climate you live in ?

if in hot humid climates I would say for sure if cooler less humid climates then maybe not so much .

TURBS
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:35 PM   #3

I had a 8314ss and live in the North/East and every chance we get we go to the beach up and down the Eastern sea board, for the money it is not that much more and in my mine it is better to have and not need then to need and not have and as far as I am concern my 8314ss should have come standard with a 15K, the seals on camper slide outs do not keep the heat out and the more slides you have the high the heat gain, so to answer your question....Yes.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:44 PM   #4

Welcome to the forum. IMHO the 15K AC unit is well worth the small additional cost.
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:03 PM   #5

Awesome. Thanks everyone! We live in the mid-atlantic area which gets hot, but not unbearable. However, we are planning at least one trek out West, and plan to spend a few weeks in Arizona and Nevada. I think we'll spring for the 15K. Appreciate the advice!
Restlesswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:06 PM   #6
Always Learning

I live in the mid-Atlantic area, too (live in MD and camp in Lancaster, PA and the surrounding areas often). I'm quite glad we got the 15k upgrade! :-)
Old 03-22-2013, 07:37 PM   #7

I live in the Mid-Atlantic area as well(Maryland) and it gets darn hot and humid in the Pa, Va, Del, Md area in the summer. I was going to upgrade to the 15k a/c on my new 8312ss for the extra $110 bucks it seemed a no brainer. My dealer already orders all their larger trailers with the 15k a/c because the extra cost is so small that it's worth it, besides the 15k a/c doesn't draw that much more power than the 13.5k unit.
trainwreck68 is offline   Reply With Quote