Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2016, 11:09 AM   #1

5er model 8265WS: 12v fuse question

We have a 2012 Rockwood 8265WS Signature Ultra Light. On our annual spring break trip to Yosemite a couple of weeks ago a defective portable 120v inverter got plugged into the 12v outlet in the gaming center (cabinet at rear of trailer next to fireplace). Prior to that cigarette lighter style adapter being plugged in my car phone charger worked perfectly in that outlet...now there is no sign of life. (We discovered the inverter was 'defective' when it fell apart in pieces after it was pulled out of the outlet, and yes, there was a spark as it made contact on the way in )

I looked inside the main fuse box (WFCO Ultra III WF-8900 Series) but saw no sign of a blown fuse, and none of the tags indicated they might be for the gaming center or the 12v outlet. I also looked around inside the gaming center cabinet for anything that might look like a little fuse box. Everything else in the trailer seems to be working fine.

So my question is: Is there a fuse for that outlet, and if so where?

Thanks.

Steve
calberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 01:14 PM   #2
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
I would use a 12 volt test light to check both sides of the fuses...and for power on back of cig. style outlet..
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 02:22 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
I would use a 12 volt test light to check both sides of the fuses...and for power on back of cig. style outlet..
My first problem is that I don't know where the fuse is.

The cig. style outlet is flush mounted on the rear wall, so unless there is a fuse somewhere else I guess I would need to unscrew the face plate and pull out the outlet assembly to see if there is a fuse 'built-in' the housing.

I was hoping to find out (from this forum) that there is an external fuse somewhere (like in the main panel) to save me the trouble of tearing things apart looking for something that may not even be there

Thanks for the reply.

Steve
Old 04-16-2016, 02:59 PM   #4
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Check the fuses in the main panel with a 12 volt test light first....ground the alligator end of test light Might have to hunt a little for a ground....I'd take the power panel face off...then check for power at both sides of fuses....if all good, take the wall panel off and check for power there....want to know if socket is smoked, or ,good
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 03:47 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Check the fuses in the main panel with a 12 volt test light first....ground the alligator end of test light Might have to hunt a little for a ground....I'd take the power panel face off...then check for power at both sides of fuses....if all good, take the wall panel off and check for power there....want to know if socket is smoked, or ,good
Thanks for the advice!

Steve

Tags
5er, fuse, modifications