Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2014, 11:41 AM   #1

Hello first post long time lurker. We go to pick up our 8289 Thursday. When summer starts we will be living on it fulltime. Got son on law to help put air bags on Sunday, I gave timely advice, and new tires on my ecoboost.
Any advice to have dealer check or questions to ask? They will be putting the hitch on.

Thanks, and I see a Frog event in Charleston in September at the same time we will be in Bandon

Bob
bobandsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:06 PM   #2

New 8289 owners....

Best of luck and enjoy your new 8289. We hope to be 8289 owners soon.
jaygeo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:14 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandsue View Post
Hello first post long time lurker. We go to pick up our 8289 Thursday. When summer starts we will be living on it fulltime. Got son on law to help put air bags on Sunday, I gave timely advice, and new tires on my ecoboost.
Any advice to have dealer check or questions to ask? They will be putting the hitch on.

Thanks, and I see a Frog event in Charleston in September at the same time we will be in Bandon

Bob
How old is your TV? You mention Ecoboost so I assume it is a Ford F150? Do you have the HD tow package?

Just let your Ford dealer know you are going to be towing a 5er and they will know what to check (or at least my Ford dealer knows LOL)

Is the dealer installing your hitch? I am assuming with a F150 you will be getting a Reese Revolution? If so make DARN sure your dealer installs the correct wedge -- better yet, have the wedge mod OC designed installed
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:26 PM   #4

Congrats on your new camper.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 02:37 PM   #5

It's a 2011 super with the 3.73. Learned by reading forums the don't rely on rv salesman. the Reese hitch was for sure a strong selling point. They have five hours scheduled to set the truck and 8289 up. I am a retired cattleman and have pulled goose neck for years but with 8 foot beds and the other type of hitch. Should be nice pulling a load without five tons of calves moving around. Thank you for your response.
bobandsue is offline   Reply With Quote