Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2017, 05:29 AM   #1
Member
 
hitch hiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: spain & england
Posts: 44
8289ws wardrobe slide seals

has anyone had a problem with the side seals?
both of ours have split, unit was new in june 2016.
have checked all cables and they are straight and level and not catching anywhere.
bottom left and top right have split, gap on bottom left does seem smaller than other side, but i cant see that the gap can be adjusted.
any suggestions
ali and steve
__________________

__________________
rockwood signature ultra lite 8289ws 2016
dodge ram 2500 2005 5.9 turbo diesel
2013 - 168 days camped 2014 - 217 days camped
2015 - 210 days camped 2016 - 189 days camped
2017 - 198 days camped
hitch hiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 12:17 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
jtatum65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Lewistown, IL
Posts: 250
Pictures would be helpful
__________________

__________________
Jim & Evelyn Tatum
2018 Shasta Phoenix 336RL FW
2019 Dodge Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.4L 8spd 4x4
Nights Camped 2019 = 40
Nights Camped 2018 = 28
Nights Camped 2017 = 27
jtatum65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 12:23 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
tmfaulksr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Vermilion Parish, LOUISIANA
Posts: 330
i have a 2015 8289ws diamond pkg so i am all ears.

I've not had the problem. i have used the slide seal lubricant
as an effort to keep them in great shape.

again I'm all ears..
__________________
the faulks & prince
2012 Nissan Titan CC
Roadmaster Active Suspension, Firestone Airbags
2015 Rockwood 8289WS Diamond Pkg
2015 Puma 253FBS (sold)
2013 BMW R1200GSW
tmfaulksr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 02:43 PM   #4
Left Coast
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: vancouver,washington
Posts: 15,649
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
OC ran a length of aluminum flat bar full length to reinforce...Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170327_123951568.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	133056.....Not shown in my pic, as l will do when I get back home
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 02:45 PM   #5
Left Coast
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: vancouver,washington
Posts: 15,649
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Have also seen where mid way out on slide, from top to bottom, another thin flat bar was added to make sure the seal flapped fully
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 02:35 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
RangeMaggotBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Somewhere in the Ozarks...
Posts: 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmfaulksr View Post
i have a 2015 8289ws diamond pkg so i am all ears.

I've not had the problem. i have used the slide seal lubricant
as an effort to keep them in great shape.

again I'm all ears..
Me, too. On everything you said.
__________________
2015 Forest River Rockwood Signature Series Ultra Lite 8289WS w/Diamond pkg.
2014 RAM CTD 6.7 Tradesman 4WD Auto Crew Cab Long Bed
Honda eu2000i generators
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 05:13 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
B and B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 10,497
Send a message via AIM to B and B
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitch hiker View Post
has anyone had a problem with the side seals?
both of ours have split, unit was new in june 2016.
have checked all cables and they are straight and level and not catching anywhere.
bottom left and top right have split, gap on bottom left does seem smaller than other side, but i cant see that the gap can be adjusted.
any suggestions
ali and steve
I just traded my 2013 8289WS. My slides sealed fine. When you talk gaps is the has the actual slide moved inside the frame? Are the 3 rollers on the bottom working? This could cause slide misalignment.
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 05:32 AM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 17
I have a 2015 8289ws and is in shop for a leak on the bottom right corner area of the wardrobe slide out. Have the repairs fix the problem for anyone's else? Also having a tow hitch installed.
carlismr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 06:25 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 6
I have a 2015 8289ws and just got it back from the shop for the same issue with the wardrobe slide. The seals on both sides had split and you could not actually see it until you ran the slide part way out. Fortunately the extended warranty paid for the seal and labor, but not shipping. I personally think that the clearance between the slide and the slide opening is too narrow.
mrarmyaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 07:09 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrarmyaustin View Post
I have a 2015 8289ws and just got it back from the shop for the same issue with the wardrobe slide. The seals on both sides had split and you could not actually see it until you ran the slide part way out. Fortunately the extended warranty paid for the seal and labor, but not shipping. I personally think that the clearance between the slide and the slide opening is too narrow.


Unforchantly my leak turned out to be the outside frame part of the slide out. Just needed Sealant around the frame . Simple fix.
Would you have pictures for future reference in case I have the same problem?
Thanks Mike C.
__________________

carlismr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
seal, slide

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:56 AM.


×