Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2021, 08:55 PM   #1

8298ks

My wife and I looked at a 8298ks rear living rockwood today. I was wondering what people thought of this floor plan and how they like it. And what they think of rockwood signature fifth wheels as whole. Of course the dealer told me they are the best and less warranty issues with them than all the other brands he carries. I just need to hear from some people that actually use these units. Thanks
Sjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 01:11 AM   #2

We have had ours for about a 5 weeks now. While we have not used it yet we have it hooked up at the house for power and water We bought it because we really liked the layout. For just the two of us it is a good fit and if we have a few guest it can accommodate them easy enough. It is light weight and tows very easy behind us. The fit and trim where above what I had expected from Rockwood really. I do not like the way they did the wiring behind the control panel. I can't even tone out a ground wire in it. . So far I have found the side compartment door has some sort of small leak but I can't find where the water is getting in at. The seals of the door look very good. Waiting on a reply for that now. I also have to replace the small toilet in the bath room. It might seat a small person , but not someone my size. It does have a really nice size shower and bath room over all but that toilet has to go. The furnace will run you out and works really really well. It has a ton of storage all over the place. The bike rack on the back end is another plus. The Teton TV antenna works good also. Can't say the WIFI part of it works well. Haven't used it and probably never will. While it has a nice big 60 inch 4K TV it is to big for the viewing area it is in. A 50 inch TV would have been the correct size for the viewing area. I had to change the position on the stairs handle bar because it blocked the bed room door from opening all the way. Really got in the way. Had to move the door stop also. Where they placed it was taking away to much space for the bed room door to open fully. They used crappy vinyl stickers for the out side name and they are already peeling off. Not sure I won't finish taking them off and never put them back.
On a brighter note again we love the lay out, it is better built than I expected, and has no show stopper issues we know of or can dig out and find. Yet. The fit and trim on it is better than our last unit and it was a Grand Design. So far I can say it is a good unit and seems to be built well enough.
First Impression is , we like it and think t was a good choice.
Rolling Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 09:13 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply. They do seem pretty well built. There is aluminum framing in every hole you can look in. I like how the bed frame is all aluminum and the struts are bolted to aluminum instead of wood. We were looking at cougar abd Montana high country then I came across these rockwoods and itís really catching my eye for sure
Old 03-03-2021, 09:50 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjordan View Post
Thanks for the reply. They do seem pretty well built. There is aluminum framing in every hole you can look in. I like how the bed frame is all aluminum and the struts are bolted to aluminum instead of wood. We were looking at cougar abd Montana high country then I came across these rockwoods and itís really catching my eye for sure
Its a good unit for sure. There is one more thing I'd like to ad in ,but it may not mean much to you. The Lippert hitch box Turning Point can't be changed out for anything else. Lippert is putting it on a lot of their trailer frames now and you can not change it out for any other at this point in time. It is a very proprietary hitch box. Something you may or may not care about as I said.
Old 03-03-2021, 01:42 PM   #5

I have a short bed truck. Gmc duramax. So I was kinda thinking that pin box might be what I wanted. That was another thing that I liked about this camper. You think I will like that pin box?
Old 03-03-2021, 11:08 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjordan View Post
I have a short bed truck. Gmc duramax. So I was kinda thinking that pin box might be what I wanted. That was another thing that I liked about this camper. You think I will like that pin box?
Yes.
Old 03-14-2021, 09:24 AM   #7

We are going on 2 years on our 2898KS (Ultralyte model) and have had zero issues. Absolutely love it.
Hijo202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 10:37 PM   #8

Well. We are purchasing the 8298ks. We pick it up this coming Friday we already had a camping trip planned for this weekend so we get to pick it up and head straight out to camp. We are excited about this fifth wheel. Itís our first fifth wheel and the choices are almost overwhelming but we decided to pull the trigger on this rockwood. We are trading in our alpha wolf 26rl for it and moving up to fifth wheel. I like the length and weight. Which seems shorter and lighter than most other rear den type floor plans. So if anyone else has this model Iíd love to hear from you and thanks to you guys that replied.
Old 04-05-2021, 08:15 AM   #9

Congratulations on the new 8298KS. Enjoy and have a great first outing. Be safe out there.