Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2021, 10:36 AM   #1

8337RL Galley Tank

I have a 2021 Rockwood Signature 8337RL. First time owner and I just have 1 question on the Galley Tank.
We’re connected to city water but when I go to the panel and press on the galley tank, if reads full. Then I press on both Grey1 and Grey2 and they both show Empty? I know the Galley tank is used for when I go off the grid but in this case we’re not. What are your thoughts and if any suggestions I can try out.
Junior_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 02:38 AM   #2

I assume that galley water is the same as fresh water. I know the dealer filled mine for the PDI. I had to drain afterwards. Did you check the meter before hooking up to city water? You can disconnect the city water and see if the galley water is still full. My trailer also has a set of 4 or 5 valves where the city water connects to. Check to make sure the valves are set correctly for city water
jincali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 04:52 AM   #3

I ended up flushing them all out. Somehow the fresh water tank was 1/3 full and the galley which is the sink in the kitchen was full. Next time we hook up I will check everything you said. But I still don’t understand how there was water in the fresh tank when I had drained it out completely after returning home from being off the grid at Port A. Thanks again
Junior_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 05:34 AM   #4

Your galley tank is usually the kitchen sink waste water. Either the gauge is not accurate as they rarely are or you did not empty the galley tank.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 10:47 AM   #5

Fresh Water Tank

Not to change the subject but on this 833RL I see the fresh water fill is curb side all the way in the rear, where is the fresh water tank placement compared to the grey and black tanks.
FordMastertech is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank