Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2011, 10:37 AM   #1

Question A|C Make and Model

I'm heavily leaning towards the purchase of a Rockwood Roo 17. It comes with a 13.5 btu a\c unit. I'm converting from being a boat camper to a travel / forest camper. (It's a lot cheaper). I have a Honda EU2000i generator which I used on my boat to power the 5.0 BTU a/c and it worked fine. My question is: Does anyone know the make and model of the a\c unit on the aforementioned trailer? I want to do some research on amperage / wattage so I can properly match to the right size generator. I think I'll probably have to sell the EU2000 and upgrade to the EU3000 or the equilvalent Yamaha. Other option might be to tandem to another EU2000 but I'd hate to run two generators at the same time. I have a lot of unanswered questions. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks much.
bholton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:25 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

The little Honda might run the AC, but doubtful. A 3000 Honda would do fine, although some complain of weight, vs 2, 2000 Honda's. By the way, the 3000 generator may struggle with the AC and the microwave
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:45 PM   #3
Site Team

i have a Dometic 13.5 a/c in my Roo 23SS. and my 2000 will run it but i live near sea level.
but mine is the ducted a/c, not the blast-from-center a/c that i think the 17 comes with. they may use a different model for that type of a/c.

don't know where you live and plan to camp, so can't say whether you might get away with it.
if you do need to upgrade, i would look at a Yamaha 2400. it should run any of the newer 13.5 a/c's.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote