Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2020, 10:26 PM   #1

About to be new geo pro 12srk owner

Hi all,

Last week I put money down to order a brand new 12srk. I got the AC, awning, and offroad package. In trying to prepare for the trailer's arrival, likely sometime in october, I've got some specific questions only another owner might know.

1. Wife would like a shower. Pop up privacy tent is no biggie of course. I noticed in one video on youtube that the sink faucet has a quick disconnect. Does the trailer come with a hose we can use to attach a showerhead to? If not can someone tell me the fitting size so I can get an adapter of some sort?

2. What harness and brake controller do you recommend for my vehicle? I've been told there are electric brakes on this little trailer.

3. Another video noted that the trailer comes with a coleman stove. Is that true for all of the trailers or did that dealer throw one in?

4. Related to 3, if the trailer did come with the stove, has anyone adapted it to the trailer's propane system? There appears to be a propane hookup behind the passenger's side wheel for such a thing. Those little coleman propane bottles are wasteful...

5. I once came across a photo that I cant find again where someone attached tent sides to the kitchen lift door. Anyone know any more about that?

Thanks for helping a guy out. Super excited to do some fall camping.
Giankatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 10:41 PM   #2
Site Team

It would help if you posted information on your tow vehicle. Does it have the factory tow package?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 12:04 AM   #3

It's a 1999 ford ranger, 4.0L, with the euro style tail lights (separate turn signal bulbs). I have a "tow package" which basically means a factory hitch receiver. Edit *the pickup* is good for 2,200 lbs according to the factory specs. I live in the mountains and have had 2,000 lbs behind it on a uhaul. Going wasnt much of an issue, but stopping was a bit scary at times. Need those brakes, then I'll be just fine. Only harness I have is for lights on a uhaul.
Old 08-04-2020, 01:19 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giankatsu View Post
It's a 1999 ford ranger, 4.0L, with the euro style tail lights (separate turn signal bulbs). I have a "tow package" which basically means a factory hitch receiver. Edit *the pickup* is good for 2,200 lbs according to the factory specs. I live in the mountains and have had 2,000 lbs behind it on a uhaul. Going wasnt much of an issue, but stopping was a bit scary at times. Need those brakes, then I'll be just fine. Only harness I have is for lights on a uhaul.
A Ford truck tow package usually includes a Type III/IV receiver, pre-wiring for a brake controller, upgraded engine and trans cooling and a 4 pin/7 pin connector.
If all you have is the receiver, that doesn't mean it has the factory tow package.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 07:33 AM   #5

I can help with a few of these questions since I have a 12RK.
Your RSK comes with a quick detach hose and shower head that attach to your sink faucet (it's quick disconnect as well). The rear kitchen flip up has a hook that you can hang the shower hear from and you have an enclosure that uses magnets to hook around the top of it.
Your RSK also comes with either a propane griddle or a propane stove that attaches to the rail outside of your door. The link for the stove is under/behind your wheel. On the RK's there's a door you open where the hose connects in. There's also a table that slides on, it's part of the Geo Pro 12 RK/SRK packages.
Hope some of that helps, feel free to message me if you need more info. I've had mine for almost 3 months and LOVE IT!
Old 08-04-2020, 11:32 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulator6 View Post
I can help with a few of these questions since I have a 12RK.
Your RSK comes with a quick detach hose and shower head that attach to your sink faucet (it's quick disconnect as well). The rear kitchen flip up has a hook that you can hang the shower hear from and you have an enclosure that uses magnets to hook around the top of it.
Your RSK also comes with either a propane griddle or a propane stove that attaches to the rail outside of your door. The link for the stove is under/behind your wheel. On the RK's there's a door you open where the hose connects in. There's also a table that slides on, it's part of the Geo Pro 12 RK/SRK packages.
Hope some of that helps, feel free to message me if you need more info. I've had mine for almost 3 months and LOVE IT!
That does help a lot! Esp. about the shower. There's no info online that it comes with that or the enclosure. You'd think that would be a selling point!
Old 08-04-2020, 11:50 AM   #7
Multi-Slacker

Welcome from SoCal!
Sorry - no jelp with Geo s
Old 08-04-2020, 11:51 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtPutnam View Post
Welcome from SoCal!
Sorry - no jelp with Geo s
Thanks! I'm close to central coast, I live in the Santa Cruz mountains.
Old 08-08-2020, 09:19 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giankatsu View Post
3. Another video noted that the trailer comes with a coleman stove...

4. Related to 3, if the trailer did come with the stove, has anyone adapted it to the trailer's propane...

5. I once came across a photo that I cant find again where someone attached tent sides to the kitchen lift door...
I've had my 12RK for a few months. Great choice!

We got a flat griddle instead of a stove, but I think the general idea is that you'll get something to cook on. It hooks in as stated above.

I have a traditional Coleman two-burner that I've tried all sorts of hoses and adapters to use on the system as well but it hasn't worked yet for me--regulator or connector issues each time.

On #5, we've found that the cheap "ground tarps" from Wal-Mart are about the right size to get around one side of the rear door with some fancy bungee work.

Cheers to happy miles!
aliandaaron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
geo pro