Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2017, 12:47 PM   #1

About to pick up a 2304ds in Indiana from Tropical order (Wholesale Web Sales)

Just want to check out any experiences I need to learn from.
first time TT owner. so total newb.
Is there anything I need to know as I show up?

-about to set up wire transfer for final payment
(reviewed pictures and build sheet is to specs)

-I'm planning on picking up next week.
Dane said D&T did the redelivery prep? Does anyone have experience on how complete a job they do?
Was there any walk through to test systems to ensure all was working correctly?

-I'm planning to buy an Equalizer 10k hitch from Dually Depot as well.
i'm told it's only 1 mile down the road from where trailer is (should i get trailer moved there?)
also, i've asked Dually Depot to do the hitch install with me. receptionist said that could be done, for no charge (has anyone else done that? how'd it go i'm planning on giving guy at least $20 if it goes quickly)

Sooooo, is there anything I need to know as I show up.

TV = 2015 F-150 eco with max tow package

thanks!
Euphoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 12:56 PM   #2
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
I'd be doing my own pdi before any payment, let alone a final.....What happens if there's something iffy?
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 01:00 PM   #3

PDI inspection and everything 100% fixed and the trailer 100% installed to your TV before you hand over the final payment. Some items may require a return visit to the dealer to get fixed, if they need to order parts. You will lose all bargaining power once the dealer has your cash. Don't be in a hurry to give the dealer the cash. The most important thing is that you are completely happy with your trailer when you leave the dealership.

Welcome to FRF.
Seasonal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 01:04 PM   #4

Have your hitch guy get with the trailer as the equalizer will need to be adjusted to your trailer and you TV.
lomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 01:50 PM   #5

The PDI is such an important thing for you to do. This is where you make sure where everything is, how it works and most importantly, if everything works. Don't pay until you are satisfied.
2016 Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi 4x4
RusLwt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 02:00 PM   #6

DON'T WIRE THEM ANY MONEY! Pay after paperwork and PDI NEVER EVER EVER BEFORE!
Old 03-16-2017, 02:28 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasonal View Post
PDI inspection and everything 100% fixed and the trailer 100% installed to your TV before you hand over the final payment. Some items may require a return visit to the dealer to get fixed, if they need to order parts. You will lose all bargaining power once the dealer has your cash. Don't be in a hurry to give the dealer the cash. The most important thing is that you are completely happy with your trailer when you leave the dealership.

Welcome to FRF.

X2

Especially when it isn't a local dealer.
TKPINSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 02:32 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKPINSC View Post
X2

Especially when it isn't a local dealer.
X 3.......No money until you have done the PDI and are satisfied !
1930 lbs CCC
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
Going where the weather suits my clothes.
Steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 03:05 PM   #9

Picking up new trailer

X2 on what other have said about checking it out personally before paying for it. I live in the Elkhart/Goshen /Middlebury area and before we bought our trailer we checked out about all the sources within @ a150 miles I never heard of Tropical order Wholesale web sales.
Happy Camper 2715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 12:56 PM   #10

Smile

Euphoria,

We live in Colorado and bought the 2304DS (could not find one here) last May. We drove out to Indiana to pick it up from the dealer there. Small deposit to hold it but did NOT final pay until completely inspected. They put our equalizing hitch on there so we did not have the issue of a second stop. Suggest you drive out, completely inspect (for hours) - check everything. The collapsible table can be an issue. The kitchen slide wiring back to the unit can be done pretty funky (comes out at the floor just to the left of the sink millwork. Once you are happy with the inspection make your payment and you take the trailer the mile to the hitch installer. You have control over how & when he will install it and the installer will show you how to hook up and unhook the hitch system. he will also show you how to adjust it when it does loosen up (the weight distribution aspect). Then camp locally one night if not two (preferably at the dealers free spot) so you can check the systems out real-time. If something needs tweaking you can stand at the door of the sales guy and not leave until he has fixed it or gets it documented its too big a fix and is a warranty issue. then you can safely make the drive home. Last May we camped two night at the dealer and found two issues, one being the refrigerator. We had to wait a few hours our final morning there but then made the two day drive back to Colorado with everything working.

Good luck. This was our first trailer also and we are very happy with the 2304DS!
Old 03-17-2017, 01:06 PM   #11
cdog7201

Send a message via AIM to cdog7201
If you want to give them $100.00 as good faith money That is ok with the agreement on paper in writing that if you get there and your not satisfied they give your money back .If you think its a good deal after doing your own PDI and walk through to have them demonstrate everything is working the way it is supposed to then you can pay them and be happy as you leave .I live in Indiana and haven't heard of this place. do know there is a place around FT is supposed to be a wholesaler
cdog7201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 01:46 PM   #12
D W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
Just want to check out any experiences I need to learn from.
first time TT owner. so total newb.
Is there anything I need to know as I show up?

-about to set up wire transfer for final payment
(reviewed pictures and build sheet is to specs)

-I'm planning on picking up next week.
Dane said D&T did the redelivery prep? Does anyone have experience on how complete a job they do?
Was there any walk through to test systems to ensure all was working correctly?

-I'm planning to buy an Equalizer 10k hitch from Dually Depot as well.
i'm told it's only 1 mile down the road from where trailer is (should i get trailer moved there?)
also, i've asked Dually Depot to do the hitch install with me. receptionist said that could be done, for no charge (has anyone else done that? how'd it go i'm planning on giving guy at least $20 if it goes quickly)

Sooooo, is there anything I need to know as I show up.

TV = 2015 F-150 eco with max tow package

thanks!

You my friend, are a trusting soul. A wire transfer, sight unseen?
As far as that $20 goes, change "quickly" to "correctly".
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 01:55 PM   #13

I too would like to know where they r at and a website TS
Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 02:20 PM   #14

I can't seem to find a Tropical Wholesale on the interwebs in Indiana. Is it International RV Wholesalers in Indiana?
Old 03-18-2017, 09:51 AM   #15

Take all the GREAT advice you have been given here on this site !!!
You should plan a hole day for inspection,,, and maybe a second day for them to fix every thing you find wrong !!! As has been stated,,, Make sure you know how everything works. GOOD LUCK !!! And Welcome !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 10:18 AM   #16

2304DS deal details?

Congrats on your purchase! Could you share details of the deal you got? I'm SOOO close to buying one in CA. Too far to pick up back east!
StaceyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 10:23 AM   #17

Heyyyyy ... I've got a 2304DS that is $1000 cheaper than what you are going to pay.

Tell ya what... just wire me the money and I'll have my cousin Carlito deliver it to your home along with the WDH you need.

No charges for transport. Really.

After reading the OP's post, all I can think of is "if anything can go wrong, it will". This sounds 100% like a disaster in the making.
Nights Camped 2017 [63]
Nights Camped 2018 [27]
Nurek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 10:40 AM   #18

Personally I would NOT buy an RV from a dealer that was much over an hour from home !
Old 03-19-2017, 08:17 PM   #19

I just picked up my 2304DS from a well-known RV dealer (Wana RV) located within 25 miles of the Rockford factory in Shipshewana, IN and gave them a $1,000 up front for my order in January (I had some adjustments and options) and then drove 650 miles last Tuesday to pick it up. A week before my trip, they got the trailer and emailed me the VIN number so I could get insurance coverage On Wednesday morning this week, we did a full PDI, including all the additions I had made (they installed a 10K Equal-i-zer hitch and a backup camera) that took me about 90 minutes. Then I went to the front office to complete my payment with a cashier's check. No extras added and they even had the 2nd year extended warranty paperwork filled out for me. I'd recommend Wana RV anytime.

Spent the night nearby in very cold weather but was comfy and tested systems some more (I got about 10-12 channels). Trailer was winterized so I kept it that way due to nighttime temperatures down to the low teens. Took a factory tour Thursday morning with Anthony Yoder and was very impressed with their assembly process at the Ultra Lite plant where my trailer was built. Drove about halfway home and spent a second night at a good RV Park near Georgetown KY before the final leg home on Friday.

My advice echoes what others have already said -- never pay more than 5% down and have your tow vehicle and trailer together for installation of the hitch since they must be matched for safe and smooth towing. After the trailer is hooked up and safe to tow, then sign the paperwork. The hitch install can be at a reputable RV dealer or at a hitch specialty firm, but the TV and trailer must be at the same location to setup and tow correctly.

Hope this helps. BTW, I love my 2304DS!!

2018 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2304DS, 10K Equal-i-zer Hitch
2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 Double Cab 4WD 5.7L iForce V8
FROG Member since March 2017
McRabbet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:38 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRabbet View Post
I just picked up my 2304DS from a well-known RV dealer (Wana RV) located within 25 miles of the Rockford factory in Shipshewana, IN and gave them a $1,000 up front for my order in January (I had some adjustments and options) and then drove 650 miles last Tuesday to pick it up. A week before my trip, they got the trailer and emailed me the VIN number so I could get insurance coverage On Wednesday morning this week, we did a full PDI, including all the additions I had made (they installed a 10K Equal-i-zer hitch and a backup camera) that took me about 90 minutes. Then I went to the front office to complete my payment with a cashier's check. No extras added and they even had the 2nd year extended warranty paperwork filled out for me. I'd recommend Wana RV anytime.

Spent the night nearby in very cold weather but was comfy and tested systems some more (I got about 10-12 channels). Trailer was winterized so I kept it that way due to nighttime temperatures down to the low teens. Took a factory tour Thursday morning with Anthony Yoder and was very impressed with their assembly process at the Ultra Lite plant where my trailer was built. Drove about halfway home and spent a second night at a good RV Park near Georgetown KY before the final leg home on Friday.

My advice echoes what others have already said -- never pay more than 5% down and have your tow vehicle and trailer together for installation of the hitch since they must be matched for safe and smooth towing. After the trailer is hooked up and safe to tow, then sign the paperwork. The hitch install can be at a reputable RV dealer or at a hitch specialty firm, but the TV and trailer must be at the same location to setup and tow correctly.

Hope this helps. BTW, I love my 2304DS!!
All sounds good,,, hope you find everything ok when you unwinterize !!!

Tags