Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2021, 04:16 PM   #1

AC Air flow system. Increase 40%?

Hi,

My friend wanted to buy this RV Airflow systems. Was wondering have anyone used it before and how good is it? It says it can increate air flow 40%. I really don't trust it until someone actually use it or experience with this type of thing. Also is it neccessary to get it compare to the stock one?
https://rvairflow.com/

thank you
Old 03-04-2021, 02:11 PM   #2

Saw this reviewed in a you tube video. It was installed in a fw with 3 units. An air pressure sensor was used and the tuber had taken readings prior and post install. the readings were amazing. we are purchasing one as soon as I get the trailer home to verify the make of ac unit for fit.
I would say its a go
tmkwasinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 02:43 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmkwasinski View Post
Saw this reviewed in a you tube video. It was installed in a fw with 3 units. An air pressure sensor was used and the tuber had taken readings prior and post install. the readings were amazing. we are purchasing one as soon as I get the trailer home to verify the make of ac unit for fit.
I would say its a go
how much does the kit cost?
Old 03-04-2021, 04:02 PM   #4
Enjoying Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmkwasinski View Post
I would say its a go

It did not fit my 2019 2608BSD.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! - Hunter S. Thompson, The Proud Highway: Saga of a Desperate Southern Gentleman, 1955-1967
TeachTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 04:07 PM   #5

I may be wrong, but I think this is for ducted A/C systems. Geo Pro's aren't ducted.
Old 03-04-2021, 04:45 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KE0OUA View Post
I may be wrong, but I think this is for ducted A/C systems. Geo Pro's aren't ducted.
I see. anything for the geo pro? do you recommend?
Old 03-04-2021, 05:40 PM   #7

Ducted that you can access. Our fifth shell has two air conditioners blowing into ducts with no access to the ducking or ac from inside the trailer. Youd have to go on the roof and pull the ac unit off n order to install these.

From what I saw they work by simply because Nauru got separation between the cold air and the return air. There have been many posts here about people increasing the ac cooling by reseating the baffle between the cold air and the return air. Id take a look at doing that before I tried these devices.
Old 03-06-2021, 12:16 PM   #8

I don't know about 100%. But if I tried real hard with duct tape and some scrap plastic. I think I could achieve 99%.

Which is something I did to a previous trailer. It baffles me how this is a problem that needs fixing. Why is this issue not mitigated as part of the original installation?

Hello RV INGINEERS :-)
U.S.ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 12:51 PM   #9

It works by stopping the turbulence of air coming down and hitting the flat area. It directs the air more straight into the duct openings. It has a v shape in the middle directing the air. It quiets the air flow a lot too.
parrott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 12:55 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboyz View Post
I see. anything for the geo pro? do you recommend?
Only thing you can do is make sure your baffle between the intake and cooling air is sealed really good. Lots of YouTube videos on this.
parrott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 12:56 PM   #11

https://youtu.be/V9rEQb05Qv4

Here is a review and install.
Old 03-06-2021, 01:46 PM   #12

On my TT with ducted A/C I watched the videos and opened up my A/C unit by removing the plenum cover. My problem with circulation was obvious. Whoever was in charge that day of plugging the unwanted holes in the roof insulation was very generous with the foam can. as much as half of each area that was supposed to be open for cold air to flow was blocked when the foam expanded. Rather than go back and cut it out so full flow could be accomplished they just slapped the plenum cover back on and called it good.

I took a steak knife and cleaned out their mess, cutting the foam out of the duct openings yet leaving the seal in place.

End result was a very noticeable improvement in air flow through all ducts, especially those farthest away.

As noted having a good seal between cold air output plenum and warm air return plenum is essential.

Does this need a specially molded, "aerodynamic" insert? Didn't for me. Just fixing the sloppy factory work did the trick for me. YMMV.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 03:04 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrott View Post
It works by stopping the turbulence of air coming down and hitting the flat area. It directs the air more straight into the duct openings. It has a v shape in the middle directing the air. It quiets the air flow a lot too.
I see that. And I would agree it is probably better than my "duct tape" DIY fix.

I do think that this problem should not exist from the factory. It is very glaring an obvious. But then such is RV life.
U.S.ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote