Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2011, 05:45 PM   #1

Question Air in Water Lines

On our 2011 Rockwood 2604 using the demand water pump we can run the pump to remove all air from the lines but after a couple of hours of no use once again the water lines again have air in them. Bath or Kitchen sink and both hot and cold water. Any thoughts on what the problem may be ?
dadcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 06:35 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

First thoughts are are you sure you got all the air out. Second thought, coming from water heater not being completely purged, and maybe bypass valve still in "winterize" position. What happens when you hook it to city water? Of course you may not know yet.

When you turn on the hot water, and it get hot coming out of the faucet, does it stay that way, or does it change from hot, to cold, and back to hot? Another sign bypass valve is wrong. Did you bleed the water heater at the pop off valve outside?

I know, lot of questions, just have to answer then one at a time till you find it.

One last thing, your fresh water tank is full isn't it, and not 1/3 or less on the monitor panael? This may let the pump suck air.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:51 PM   #3

I went through a similar experience and found the strainer on the inlet side of my pump was the culprit. I tightened it about a turn (it looks kind of like a small jar on mine) and badaboom badabing water was ok. PS I have a 2012 8280ws if that matters.
ktman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 09:33 PM   #4

I fixed my 8312ss the same way as KTMAN fixed his. It drove me nuts trying to figure it out. I ended up taking the plastic cap on the strainer thinking the gasket was the problem. The whole strainer housing just ended up needing a turn!
FarmerMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:24 AM   #5

i had a problem with the kitchen faucet sputtering (like air still coming out) from day one. i also found a few drops of water in the pans under the sink.
ultimately i found cracks in the mixing area of the faucet. when i replaced it, the problem disappeared. happened again 4 yrs later, same fix. can't explain it. first thought that i had gotten a little carried away while bleeding air and the knock cracked the plastic. not sure what did it.
urs sounds like u have a low water level in the fresh water tank or a leak in the line between the fresh water tank and the pump.
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:04 AM   #6

I had a problem with air in the system. Drove me nuts, especially when the toilet would flush and air pocket would cause water to splash wall beside toilet. Never lost pressure on pressure side of water, as the pump did not come on unless water was used. Turned out that it was the pump that was causing the problem of the air in the system. Dealer replaced the pump after a few checks by service department and have not had a problem since.
Trailer: 2015 Cherokee 274RK
In Past:
2011 Grey Wolf 26RL, 2009 Cikira 19 EXP hybrid, 2008 Clipper 108st (pop-up)
Willybgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:58 AM   #7

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktman View Post
I went through a similar experience and found the strainer on the inlet side of my pump was the culprit. I tightened it about a turn (it looks kind of like a small jar on mine) and badaboom badabing water was ok. PS I have a 2012 8280ws if that matters.
Thankyou for your help. I also found the strainer loose at the pump. About 1/2 turn tightening and the problem is fixed
dadcool is offline   Reply With Quote