Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2022, 09:23 PM   #881
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVngFam View Post
Thanks! Yes, mine has another handle a few feet further toward the front, Iím assuming that itís for the kitchen sink in the front.
Likely yes. Mine has an outdoor kitchen on the front curb side. Iím told itís for that. But I personally think itís my main kitchen sink too. Iíll confirm in 2 weeks at our first camp in it. They generally donít take drains lines across the axles on a lot of these so tanks are either in front or behind the axles. Im gonna use hose adapters and tie my front grey into the single exiting 3Ē flex sewer hose at the rear.
Rhizzlebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 10:47 AM   #882
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 284
We have a 2017 3006WK. The front grey tank is only for the outdoor kitchen sink, unfortunately. The kitchen and bathroom both use the rear grey tank. I would like to connect the two tanks together, and take advantage of the total 90 gallon capacity.
__________________
2017 Rockwood Windjammer 3006WK
dankirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 12:03 PM   #883
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankirk View Post
We have a 2017 3006WK. The front grey tank is only for the outdoor kitchen sink, unfortunately. The kitchen and bathroom both use the rear grey tank. I would like to connect the two tanks together, and take advantage of the total 90 gallon capacity.

Yea, outdoor kitchen to front tank is exactly what we were told. I was surprised they wouldnít also pick up the kitchen sink. But oh well. It is what it is. Iím planning to use hose adapters to tie that front tank in with 1/2 inch hose so it just drains all the time at the campground into the main sewer hole.
Rhizzlebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 11:02 AM   #884
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Posts: 105
So I came over today to pull the hub caps and check and add grease to the wheels.

How do you get the center cap off?

The videos I watched yestersay said pop the center cap out with a screw driver.

Thereís no spot to stick a flat screw driver in there.

I googled again and no Iím seeing info that says you have to remove the wheel to get to the fittings.

Whatís the story? That seems crazy for a hub called EZ lube.

I left my lug wrench in my tool bag at home so now Iím gonna have to try to look at this on Wednesday. What a pain if I have to take the wheels off.

I will say. Rolling one wheel up on boards does make getting one off the ground really easy. Very little suspension travel on this rig.
Rhizzlebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 12:18 PM   #885
Georgia Rally Coordinator
 
aceinspp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: GA
Posts: 21,069
should be just a slight edge all around the top center cap just ta the screw driver up to this edge a pry. Later RJD
__________________
2020 Shasta Phoenix SPF 27RKSS
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-24 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 12:39 PM   #886
Pickin', Campin', Mason
 
5picker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: South Western PA
Posts: 16,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhizzlebop View Post
So I came over today to pull the hub caps and check and add grease to the wheels.



How do you get the center cap off?



The videos I watched yestersay said pop the center cap out with a screw driver.



Thereís no spot to stick a flat screw driver in there.



I googled again and no Iím seeing info that says you have to remove the wheel to get to the fittings.



Whatís the story? That seems crazy for a hub called EZ lube.



I left my lug wrench in my tool bag at home so now Iím gonna have to try to look at this on Wednesday. What a pain if I have to take the wheels off.



I will say. Rolling one wheel up on boards does make getting one off the ground really easy. Very little suspension travel on this rig.
Only the very center end of the center cap pops off. To remove the entire center cap you have to remove the wheel.Click image for larger version

Name:	20160303_115532.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	270899
__________________
_________________________________________
2016 Flagstaff 8529IKBS Diamond Package 5th WheelēGoodyear Endurance Tiresē2017 Ford F-Series SCREW 4x4ēFactory PuckēB&W CompanionēTST Tire Monitor w/RepeaterēSinemate 3500w Gen.
F&AM Lodge 358 Somerset, PA - JAFFA Shrine - Altoona, PA

Days Camped: '17=38 '18=49 '19=58 '20=110 '21=116 '22=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 12:49 PM   #887
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhizzlebop View Post
Yea, outdoor kitchen to front tank is exactly what we were told. I was surprised they wouldnít also pick up the kitchen sink. But oh well. It is what it is. Iím planning to use hose adapters to tie that front tank in with 1/2 inch hose so it just drains all the time at the campground into the main sewer hole.
The one benefit is that if you don't use the outdoor sink, you don't have to drain that tank... But the rear grey tank fills up fast.
__________________
2017 Rockwood Windjammer 3006WK
dankirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 01:04 PM   #888
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
Only the very center end of the center cap pops off. To remove the entire center cap you have to remove the wheel.Attachment 270899


Wow. Ok. This might be the dummy part for me today. I thought the whole center cap came off. I didnít even try to get that. The whole end of that cylinder is the same shiny chrome color. I thought it was one piece formed. So that might be the trick. I didnít try.

Iíll have to try again soon.

Is there a little divot there to get a screw driver blade into to pop it off?
Rhizzlebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 05:27 PM   #889
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: McAllen, TX
Posts: 237
Mixed subjects here so another one

I have a 2017 Windjammer 3029W and am wondering now if it ever had a screen on the kitchen slide emergency window. A local parts person said some emergency exits did not have screens. Am I searching for nothing?

Forest River Parts says call the dealer. Requests in at three dealers with no answers from any. Any ideas?

Didn't really want to hijack the site but I get no response on another post.
__________________
Charles Myatt
2009 Duramax w/Transfer Flow Fuel Tank
2017 Rockwood Windjammer 3029

Almost South of the Border
whatsupchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 06:46 PM   #890
Senior Member
 
tuckerdog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 777
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsupchuck View Post
I have a 2017 Windjammer 3029W and am wondering now if it ever had a screen on the kitchen slide emergency window. A local parts person said some emergency exits did not have screens. Am I searching for nothing?

Forest River Parts says call the dealer. Requests in at three dealers with no answers from any. Any ideas?

Didn't really want to hijack the site but I get no response on another post.
2016 3029W. We have a screen on that exit window. How could parts not know that?

Don't worry about a hijack. This thread covers anything Windjammer.
__________________

2016 RAM 2500 Cummins SLT Lone Star 4X4 LB
2016 Windjammer 3029W Platinum
I'm not an expert. But I play one on the internet.
You live & learn or you don't live long.
If you don't punish your children, life will.
tuckerdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 09:01 PM   #891
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: McAllen, TX
Posts: 237
Turkerdog1

Thanks for that quick response as it's been almost 4 days with just the question of does the thing exist. Super hot day tomorrow so intend to stay in after enjoying only 90+ heat today doing yard work. I'll spend most of it on the phone trying to find someone with access to Forest River parts online and see what's there. I'm sure it won't be cheap so need the measurements they will require to get correct part.

This 3029 is new to me after trading a big ol' Jayco in after to much trouble with Schwintech slide and all the bells and whistles not needed. Wife and I had a front kitchen rear bedroom 2016 Flagstaff we used while she got stem cell treatment that failed. I couldn't keep it after she passed resulting in the Jayco. The V-Nose pulled like our first 89 Holiday Rambler that my mom and dad passed on to us. Glad to have found it and fix up the odd things it needed.

I'll keep looking even if I have to hunt down wrecking yards.

Thanks again.
__________________
Charles Myatt
2009 Duramax w/Transfer Flow Fuel Tank
2017 Rockwood Windjammer 3029

Almost South of the Border
whatsupchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 05:49 AM   #892
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsupchuck View Post
Thanks for that quick response as it's been almost 4 days with just the question of does the thing exist. Super hot day tomorrow so intend to stay in after enjoying only 90+ heat today doing yard work. I'll spend most of it on the phone trying to find someone with access to Forest River parts online and see what's there. I'm sure it won't be cheap so need the measurements they will require to get correct part.

This 3029 is new to me after trading a big ol' Jayco in after to much trouble with Schwintech slide and all the bells and whistles not needed. Wife and I had a front kitchen rear bedroom 2016 Flagstaff we used while she got stem cell treatment that failed. I couldn't keep it after she passed resulting in the Jayco. The V-Nose pulled like our first 89 Holiday Rambler that my mom and dad passed on to us. Glad to have found it and fix up the odd things it needed.

I'll keep looking even if I have to hunt down wrecking yards.

Thanks again.
Iím very sorry for your loss.

Are you saying the 89 Rambler pulled well or not? Sorry but I wasnít sure if you were saying the old rambler was easy to tow or tough? Hence is the Vnose good or bad?

We leave Saturday for our first trip. Super excited for our first time out in this 3006wk.

Doing a few last minute things today and tomorrow like putting some clothes shelves in the front closet. Building a light bunk ladder for the driver side beds, and gonna make a little bike rack board with quick release pin attachment for my truck bed.

I almost ordered the Jack It rack to mount over the power Jack but I saw mixed reviews simply because itís difficult to get the rear bike behind the rack and it would have to angle towards the truck to stay off the V. So weíre gonna try the truck bed for the bikes this time and see if we like it. I usually have tools and things in the bed and a tonneau cover over it all. Canít use the cover of course with bikes. So we will see
Rhizzlebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 12:02 PM   #893
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: McAllen, TX
Posts: 237
Rambler answer

The Holiday served my parents for over 15 years until dad decided he wasn't safe anymore and the whole rig wound up here as they preferred not to take a loss if we could use them. Wife and I just got into the swing of RVing before a large hail storm took the trailer and our new home roof in 2012. The Rambler was 29 feet long and both V-nose rigs are approx. 35 and weigh slightly more but pull the same to me. I've had five rigs and pulled in many windy storms with no problems Two of those five were much heavier trailers which of course made them somewhat more stable in cross winds (but not by much).

I do use Blue Ox Sway Pro with the heaviest bars and have no trouble turning or backing after the first other set got wrecked jack knifing following a park host.

Appreciate the input on Jack It as I have a cap on the truck and bike would be to low installed on the rear even with a modified/raised rear hitch mount. I ruined the original spare tire rack forgetting about the entrance to Buc Ees in Bastrop, TX. Learned to use rear or side entrance from that one.
__________________
Charles Myatt
2009 Duramax w/Transfer Flow Fuel Tank
2017 Rockwood Windjammer 3029

Almost South of the Border
whatsupchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 05:20 PM   #894
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhizzlebop View Post
Wow. Ok. This might be the dummy part for me today. I thought the whole center cap came off. I didnít even try to get that. The whole end of that cylinder is the same shiny chrome color. I thought it was one piece formed. So that might be the trick. I didnít try.

Iíll have to try again soon.

Is there a little divot there to get a screw driver blade into to pop it off?

Well Iíll be darned! Sure enough those center caps do come out! Sure enough right behind it was a dust cap. And behind that a grease fitting!

I pumped a bunch in there while rotating the wheel. Got some darker to ooze out the front (just a little) and I stopped.

At least I know thereís fresh grease added in there. Makes me wonder how low they were. Hadnít been touched since new I was told.
Rhizzlebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 07:06 PM   #895
MCTroy
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Troy.Ohio
Posts: 1,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsupchuck View Post
I have a 2017 Windjammer 3029W and am wondering now if it ever had a screen on the kitchen slide emergency window. A local parts person said some emergency exits did not have screens. Am I searching for nothing?

Forest River Parts says call the dealer. Requests in at three dealers with no answers from any. Any ideas?

Didn't really want to hijack the site but I get no response on another post.
Yup, our 2015 also has a screen on the living room exit window. It is larger than the bedroom exit window. I took a pic of the window label in case that helps you find the screen. Good luck!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220406_191211.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	182.1 KB
ID:	271147  
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 08:35 PM   #896
Senior Member
 
Old Forester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 111
Possible source:
https://www.trekwood.com/products/11...16-Black-Frame
Old Forester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 06:03 AM   #897
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Posts: 105
So were on our first trip since getting this 3006wk.

Easy tow no problems.

One issue with the cable. In the back bedroom there are 2 coax jacks by the closet. Seems neither one is connected to the cable system.

I called the campground maintenance and they came and checked for signal said they think both jacks are tied to the satellite input not to cable.

I got channels on the other 3 locations but nothing in the bedroom.

Would that make any sense? Is something wired wrong? Don’t know how you’d ever get to the wiring to change it.

Thinking if we want to watch something while going to bed I might just have to run a splitter at the outside and come through the outside storage under the bed and drill through the bed down at the floor and run a wire around the edge to the tv.

Thoughts?
Rhizzlebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 06:15 AM   #898
MCTroy
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Troy.Ohio
Posts: 1,110
Rhizzlepop so glad your first trip was a success. Others maybe able to advise how to check the wiring for a TV. We got tired of setting up our satellite dish and even cable. We just use a Roku and cast apps for local and movie channels from our phones.
__________________
2015 Windjammer 3029 Diamond Edition
2018 Ram 2500
Ohio River Rat
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 07:28 AM   #899
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCTroy View Post
Rhizzlepop so glad your first trip was a success. Others maybe able to advise how to check the wiring for a TV. We got tired of setting up our satellite dish and even cable. We just use a Roku and cast apps for local and movie channels from our phones.

Yes. And we have a couple smart TVs and an Apple TV. And weíre not watching too much. Like last night here it was 40 degree and 25 mph wind. So not sit outside weather. So the boys went to bed and we laid in the back snd was gonna rest and watch something. We used Netflix which is ok. But this campground has cable and Iím just shocked that neither tv Jack in the rear is wired to that cable.

I didnít know they were wired for satellite but the park maintenance guy showed me on the outside and at the living room areas where there are dual jacks and he said one side is satellite the other is cable. Cannot be Hooked wrong. The rear is double jacks the same on a single wall plate. Just like the others but he said both are wired to satellite

Not a huge deal but would fix it if I can.

I do know if that also means those jacks wouldnít pickup from the antenna either. Iíd assume they wonít

Otherwise the camper is great. I feel a little nudge when a semi passes. But we were actually have 15-25 mph wind yesterday coming down. I was running 64. And I never felt out of control. Just slight nudges from the wind. I do think I wanna add one more washer to my equalizer hitch. I set it up with the trailer empty and I think the loaded tongue weight needs one more washer to bring the rear up about 3/4 inch more.
Rhizzlebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 12:14 PM   #900
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Posts: 105
Any input on why the two tv jacks in the back bedroom appear to not be wired into the cable? No channels come in and the campground maintenance guy ran his signal device and said nothing is coming through. Other tv jacks work.

Thinking of just trying to run a new wire in through the rear bed slide storage door and come through the side of the queen bed with a wire one day.
Rhizzlebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
windjammer

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 PM.